General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    DefaultM said:
    Thanks will look as thats what I do with youtube premium.
    How much are you paying for that?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30140
    Definitely do look up the actual process, don't just head off to Turkey. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultM said:
    I signed up via Argentina and I think I'm paying around £1.60/month.  Did it on an account I'd already had premium on and, so far, I've had no issues.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7680
    DefaultM said:
    Its about £1.35 for regular and £3 for family. Everyone you add to family needs to set a VPN to Turkey though and I found my family just got flustered and didn’t do it.
  • The ‘souls-like’ tag has kept me away from Elden Ring so far. It’s on sale on steam for first time now though. 30% off
  • The ‘souls-like’ tag has kept me away from Elden Ring so far. It’s on sale on steam for first time now though. 30% off

It's much less souls-like than you may think. I got bored of it because of the open world and the fact it wasn't souls-like enough. 

I would approach it more like skyrim, but a bit harder with less "direction". I had much more fun doing that, before I decided to play dark souls again!

Despite my slightly negative review, it is a truly fantastic game to experience - stepping into the world for the first time is incredible, and it's such a well realised world. 
  • CharlieShawCharlieShaw Frets: 346
    edited December 2022
    The ‘souls-like’ tag has kept me away from Elden Ring so far. It’s on sale on steam for first time now though. 30% off

It's much less souls-like than you may think. I got bored of it because of the open world and the fact it wasn't souls-like enough. 

I would approach it more like skyrim, but a bit harder with less "direction". I had much more fun doing that, before I decided to play dark souls again!

Despite my slightly negative review, it is a truly fantastic game to experience - stepping into the world for the first time is incredible, and it's such a well realised world. 
    I’m a fan of open world games like Skyrim. And free roam where you can wander and do what you want. I’ve played a lot of MMOs over the years. I don’t like scripted boss battles though, and quick reaction gaming.

Can you out level bosses in ER the way you couldn’t in Dark Souls? Or do they level with you?

oh it’s supported on steam deck as well I see
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    edited December 2022
    Elden Ring is incredible. Just amazing. But, I never want to play it again, it was just so hard at times. :lol: 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25510
    I'm currently obsessed with RUST Console.  So much so, I spent £400 on a new Xbox Series X just to play this one game better.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    I finished the story of Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga. I will get on with stamp collecting now.

Rather good. Predictably, episodes 4-6 and 7-9 are much better than 1-3.

• What games are people looking forward to in 2023?

A couple on my list:-

Starfield 
    Forza Motorsport
    Lego Mass Effect.

Though I doubt they're making it. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nightingale. 
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1408
    The ‘souls-like’ tag has kept me away from Elden Ring so far. It’s on sale on steam for first time now though. 30% off

I’m a fan of open world games like Skyrim. And free roam where you can wander and do what you want. I’ve played a lot of MMOs over the years. I don’t like scripted boss battles though, and quick reaction gaming.

Can you out level bosses in ER the way you couldn’t in Dark Souls?
    yep and it's really funny when you do

• What games are people looking forward to in 2023?

A couple on my list:-

Starfield 
    Forza Motorsport
    Forza for me. I've really looking forward to it. 

• IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 149
    I am playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 again, can't believe how good the destruction is on it, multiplayer is very quiet but I managed to get a game a rush in the other day.
  • bbill335 said:

Can you out level bosses in ER the way you couldn’t in Dark Souls?
    yep and it's really funny when you do
    Probably the only chance I’d have of progressing. I’d have had no chance with the Valheim bosses if I hadn’t found a YouTuber who managed to break all of them. Tunnelling underneath one, building a mound from which to kill another, unscathed… I liked the building and open world of Valheim, the bosses I just had to get through by hook or by crook.
  • IMC1980 said:
    I am playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 again, can't believe how good the destruction is on it, multiplayer is very quiet but I managed to get a game a rush in the other day.
    Ah that game was superb, it’s a real shame that they never continued it :( What’re you playing it on?
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 149
    IMC1980 said:
    Ah that game was superb, it’s a real shame that they never continued it :( What’re you playing it on?
    On the Xbox Series X, played through some more of it earlier, it really was the peak of DICE's singleplayer efforts. The multiplayer was my first FPS where I was there on day one of release - waiting for EA to fix their matchmaking/server issues so you actually get into a game - used to play with about 8-9 other people most nights, great fun!
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2147
    Is the Mafia Trilogy worth buying for £20?