General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    Saw someone playing Elden Ring last night on Twitch.  Which is not unusual, except 2 games at the same time, one with a PS5 using a controller, one with a PC using a Dance Mat with her feet.  WTH.

3reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:

I’m just commenting that this game, not another one…duh, starts to struggle on the steam deck and the steam deck is a more powerful machine.

I’m willing to give the switch the benefit of the doubt but based on what I’ve played so far on it with the deck. It gets very hairy in the last 5 mins in a 30min run.
    I'm not saying that I think you're wrong, BTW. It'll be interesting to see how well they can do if a Switch version comes out. 

I honestly think it's possible, don't forget Fortnite was originally created for and is still running on mobile phones.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Saw someone playing Elden Ring last night on Twitch.  Which is not unusual, except 2 games at the same time, one with a PS5 using a controller, one with a PC using a Dance Mat with her feet.  WTH.

I've just seen it's won the Game Of The Year Award from The Game Awards.  One day I'll fire it up when I get the chance to have a full day of gaming.
  • Fortnite was pc/console first. Not mobile. 

Saying that. I’d love a switch release of Vampire Survivors if it can happen without massive amounts of slowdown. 
    Might actually use my Switch for once if that happens. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8094
    Does anyone know if either Witcher 3 or Assassins Crees or Crysis Remastered play well on Switch?
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyO said:
    Does anyone know if either Witcher 3 or Assassins Crees or Crysis Remastered play well on Switch?

Yes for the first two, the third I've got on order.
  • TimmyO said:
    Witcher 3 runs surprisingly well on Switch but to say it's "all but identical" to it running on PS4/PC/Xbox is a little misleading.  To get it to run as well as it does the graphics have been noticeably downgraded (less detailed textures, less draw distance) and it runs at much lower resolutions (540p in handheld mode, 720p docked) and is limited to 30fps which, to be fair, it hits pretty consistently.

It still plays the same as the other versions and is just as enjoyable though which has to be the main point.

I've no idea why Grogg seems to think God of War Ragnarok is on Switch though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25496
    COD update file is about 25GB on pc.

Now includes the Shipment map, but with the angles of the containers like it was originally. Much better.

Are the spawns protected? I remember in ww2 when shipment was laying in spawns spraying lmg at the wall for nukes... 
    Seems to be better.

Only had a few goes on it so far. All quite dark / low light games so far. No idea if that is the plan or whether I've just got night time games due to RNGesus.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• RedRabbit said:
    TimmyO said:
    Witcher 3 runs surprisingly well on Switch but to say it's "all but identical" to it running on PS4/PC/Xbox is a little misleading.  To get it to run as well as it does the graphics have been noticeably downgraded (less detailed textures, less draw distance) and it runs at much lower resolutions (540p in handheld mode, 720p docked) and is limited to 30fps which, to be fair, it hits pretty consistently.

It still plays the same as the other versions and is just as enjoyable though which has to be the main point.

I've no idea why Grogg seems to think God of War Ragnarok is on Switch though.

You're right, I got it confused with Diablo III.  For someone who honestly considered the Switch to be sitting at the children's table of consoles, over the last few months as I've actually used the thing, I've been incredible impressed by it, far far more than I have been with the PS5 or the Xbox Series X, though I think it's rubbish docked, but brilliant as a hand held to play while your other half is watching the telly, for half an hour to an hour at a time.  For use in an plane, or like in my cousin's case in hospital.  I'm extremely impressed with the not just the games available for it, the quality and complexity of them, and the number of third party games, but also the price of them, latest AAA releases are under £40 on release day, hell even to pre-order.
  • COD update file is about 25GB on pc.

Now includes the Shipment map, but with the angles of the containers like it was originally. Much better.

Are the spawns protected? I remember in ww2 when shipment was laying in spawns spraying lmg at the wall for nukes... 
    Seems to be better.

Only had a few goes on it so far. All quite dark / low light games so far. No idea if that is the plan or whether I've just got night time games due to RNGesus.
    Have I got mixed up as I have downloaded CoD Warzone and it seems like it's battle royale trash... No TDM or anything??? The trailer makes it look like Battlefield.....
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8094
    TimmyO said:

Is this legit??

https://www.cdkeys.com/crysis-remastered-trilogy-switch-eu?__currency=gbp&awc=22550_1671144306_27c249d8d4168b6ab5fe7098e29a7131&utm_source=awin&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=RedBrain+Ltd

Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyO said:
    TimmyO said:

Is this legit??

https://www.cdkeys.com/crysis-remastered-trilogy-switch-eu?__currency=gbp&awc=22550_1671144306_27c249d8d4168b6ab5fe7098e29a7131&utm_source=awin&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=RedBrain+Ltd

No idea never heard of that place, I've mainly been buying and ordering games from Argos so that I get physical copies of games and not codes to redeem at the Nintendo eStore.  If it is legit, it's a brilliant price, that's half what I paid for a copy.
  • TimmyO said:
    TimmyO said:

Is this legit??

Yep, don't worry about using CDKeys, been using them for years to get games/DLC/top up cards. Never had a single problem.
  • COD update file is about 25GB on pc.

Seems to be better.

Have I got mixed up as I have downloaded CoD Warzone and it seems like it's battle royale trash... No TDM or anything??? The trailer makes it look like Battlefield.....
    Ngl, I had the same thought - the UI’s crap too - it took me ages to even figure out how to start a match! :mrgreen:
  • TimmyO said:
    TimmyO said:

Is this legit??

Yep, don't worry about using CDKeys, been using them for years to get games/DLC/top up cards. Never had a single problem.
    Yeah, I've used them plenty before and never had a bad key off them.  Did have one problem when I ordered REVII and the key never arrived but they refunded me pretty quickly.
  • Seems to be better.

Ngl, I had the same thought - the UI’s crap too - it took me ages to even figure out how to start a match! :mrgreen:

Warzone is the battle Royale free to play. Multiplayer is paid for. 

The ui is complete garbage, in every way. Unlocking (free) weapons on the battle pass takes more effort than before (you have to go to battle pass, highlight the thing you want to unlock and then hold a button to unlock it). 

It's very, very obviously designed to maximise purchases. The old cod games have wonderful UI where it was super obvious what you were doing, how to amend weapons etc. The new one is deliberately confusing, and I'm pretty sure it's to encourage purchases. 

This was less of a problem when loot boxes were more legal. Since they were (correctly) falling foul of gambling laws, games publishers need to be more sneaky with how they get people to spend their money. It's awful. The diablo mobile game was an excellent example of this, where technically you don't need to buy anything, but actually even with purchasing you're thousands of pounds and hundreds of hours away from getting to end game. Cod isn't so bad as that, but it's on the way! 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    Has anyone tried the Witcher next gen update? It's getting slammed for having extremely poor performance across the board. 
  • Has anyone tried the Witcher next gen update? It's getting slammed for having extremely poor performance across the board. 
    Only on Steam Deck so far but yeah, performance has taken a hit.  I'd got it running at a solid 60fps on low settings at 800p.  With the update it averages around 40fps but dips below 30 fairly often.  If I drop the resolution and turn on the ingame FRS to performance I can get it to over 50fps but, all in all, I'd rather have stuck with the pre-patch version.
  • Has anyone tried the Witcher next gen update? It's getting slammed for having extremely poor performance across the board. 
    I downloaded it this AM on my PS5 but I've not had chance to play yet - I never got far with it originally though, so I doubt I'll fair any better this time around! Still, not bad for a freebie!
  • @ThePrettyDamned ah that's a shame - I hadn't played WZ1 either so didn't really know what to expect, I thought it would just be a F2P CoD version of Battlefield from the trailers. I'll still give it a try though, assuming I can get into any kind of games - it'll be nice to play with you lot again on something regardless, even if we end up moving to different games.

Was BF2042 any good? I loved that series, but haven't really played one since BF4 or the WW1(?) follow-up