General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 30140
    I've been playing High On Life.

If you like mediocre shooters with constant annoying chitter-chatter it's the game for you. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:

If you like mediocre shooters with constant annoying chitter-chatter it's the game for you. 
    Have you read that off the back of the box?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:

I tried it on Gamepass. I found the crappy frame pacing headache inducing. 

• Schnozz said:
    Is the Mafia Trilogy worth buying for £20?
    Imo yes. First two are pretty great, the first especially. I haven’t managed to get through the third one though. Bit pants. 
    Be aware the first game is a full on remake so looks great but the second is a remaster so looks nowhere near as good. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:

Do people buy games in boxes any more?
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7680
    I honestly can't believe that the Xbox controller requires actual AA batteries or else you have to pay for a pack for it. It just comes across as cheap to me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    DefaultM said:
    I honestly can't believe that the Xbox controller requires actual AA batteries or else you have to pay for a pack for it. It just comes across as cheap to me. 
    Oh yes, it’s crap.  Lucky I have lots of rechargeable AA lying around.
    Overall I'm glad I went with the Series S over the X. It was £200 and it's fun with the Game Pass, but I'm really not seeing anything I'd want to pay over 100% more for.
    I loaded up Halo Infinite and thought the graphics were great, not sure I'd need them to be any better. I've mostly just played Bejeweled 3.
  • DefaultM said:
    I much prefer this. No battery pack that can age and die and then make the whole controller useless.

Much better to have a stock of rechargeable batteries around. I wish the PS5 had this option. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Is that really a thing? All I can find is time they take to charge, not how many times you can recharge it before the controller dies.
    I think it's a lot of times.

Also the PS5 controller works with a flat battery if you connect a power cable.
  • DefaultM said:
    Is that really a thing? All I can find is time they take to charge, not how many times you can recharge it before the controller dies.

I've never heard of the battery packs for the Xbox or in built battery on the PS failing, it's never happened to me, I've only had buttons fail, always one of the analogue sticks, and generally the right hand side one, and even that takes ages to happen.  On the PS4 it took from the launch of the machine until as group of us where mopping up a Tom Clancy game - the 3rd person shooter one where an American city is attacked by a biological weapon by a bunch of domestic terrorists and you liberate safe zones, before it happened, and even then it was only ''drifting'' to the right, and happened within 18 months of the PS5 being released.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    edited December 2022
    I've got a USB rechargeable pack for my Xbox controller. Lasts for ages. A downside of the PS controller is the battery time is so short. I feel like I'm constantly recharging it! 
  • Sporky said:
    Sporky said:

I was speaking figuratively  :s
  • Sporky said:
    Sporky said:

Yes, I do, because I want them on a physical medium, though I've recently found out the bastards are being sneaky, and have started to package codes to redeem digital downloads in boxes as if it was the physical medium, have a careful look at the packaging I've linked too I bought this game for somebody who currently has no access to an internet connection only to find out when opened - the sign saying it contained a code to redeem a digital download is nowhere near as prominent as shown in the link, and it turned out to be a bloody huge game to download.
    I was speaking figuratively  :s
    Sorry!

• I have been playing Rayman Legends on Switch again today. Fantastic and charming game that isn't showing a hint of its age. Also massive and hugely fun to play, which helps. 

I tried COD Warzone and my ping is so shit it wouldn't even find me a match :(

So I downloaded Control to play again, and also grabbed the new Mario/Rabbids game in the Switch shop sale. Huzzah!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Sporky said:
    Sporky said:

Yes, I do, because I want them on a physical medium, though I've recently found out the bastards are being sneaky, and have started to package codes to redeem digital downloads in boxes as if it was the physical medium, have a careful look at the packaging I've linked too I bought this game for somebody who currently has no access to an internet connection only to find out when opened - the sign saying it contained a code to redeem a digital download is nowhere near as prominent as shown in the link, and it turned out to be a bloody huge game to download.
    Think it was the new God of War where I put the disc in and it started downloading a 90gb file. As though the disc just unlocked the license or something.
  • DefaultM said:
    Sporky said:
    Sporky said:

Think it was the new God of War where I put the disc in and it started downloading a 90gb file. As though the disc just unlocked the license or something.

Wasn't God of War III like that too?  I can't remember, I installed it, and seem to remember having to wait ages after I put the discs in before I could play it.  It's on my go back and give it a proper go list, as I gave up on it extremely quick.
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3521
    edited December 2022
    Any PS5/Xbox One/Series game is the same, installs from disc, downloads update and then just uses disc to tell the console you own the game.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom