General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Any PS5/Xbox One/Series game is the same, installs from disc, downloads update and then just uses disc to tell the console you own the game.

That's true, but 90+GB of downloads on top of installing the software from multiple discs - I'm sure one of my games required close to a 200GB download.  That really does scream, ''the disc is only a game pass to download the full game from our digital store''.  You can understand and except these sizes of downloads for digital versions, but not when you have bought the physical medium.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    Any PS5/Xbox One/Series game is the same, installs from disc, downloads update and then just uses disc to tell the console you own the game.

That's true, but 90+GB of downloads on top of installing the software from multiple discs - I'm sure one of my games required close to a 200GB download.  That really does scream, ''the disc is only a game pass to download the full game from our digital store''.  You can understand and except these sizes of downloads for digital versions, but not when you have bought the physical medium.
    Warzone is the biggest sized download on PS and it's like 120GB or something with COD. I doubt anything else was even in the realms of that. Especially not God of War 3 from 2010 or whenever. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I remember when Microsoft limited the size of 360 store games to 50mb and it was a massive day when they upped it to 150mb :dizzy: 

Now I think MS Flight Sim on XB is around 160gb
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30140
    I was in a bit of a game-fug, so I've restarted Breath Of The Wild. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25496
    I’m retro gaming Theme Hospital, and Star Wars Supremacy (Rebellion in other countries).

Id love a Theme Hospital update. Such a great quirky game.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

I’m retro gaming Theme Hospital, and Star Wars Supremacy (Rebellion in other countries).

The Squits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2147

I think 'Two Point Hospital' is an update of 'Theme Hospital' - It's currently £6 on Steam!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I've been hooked on Trials Rising Gold Edition - base game plus all DLC, since Christmas, so glad that the franchise is no longer an Xbox exclusive.  Managed to get up to level 52, and only a couple of the races out of the ones that I've done, I've not got a gold medal in yet - I think one is silver the other bronze, and managed to go from the easy rated tracks to the hard rated tracks.  Brilliant hand held mode game.  The franchise has come a long way since it began on the 360, and this is by far the best one yet
  • I have been playing Rayman Legends on Switch again today. Fantastic and charming game that isn't showing a hint of its age. Also massive and hugely fun to play, which helps. 

Rayman Legends is currently £4 on Steam, so I've purchased a copy for my steam deck despite already owning it on PS4 and switch.  A great, casual platformer for when I don't fancy getting bogged down in my usual RPGs.
  • Think, having tried the switch gifted to brother in law, I may pick one up this year. His is the slightly older model and while the controls are not great for big complex 3D games, I was playing hollow knight and having a blast. I reckon I could get used to the wee controllers as well.

RedRabbit said:
    I have been playing Rayman Legends on Switch again today. Fantastic and charming game that isn't showing a hint of its age. Also massive and hugely fun to play, which helps. 

Rayman Legends is currently £4 on Steam, so I've purchased a copy for my steam deck despite already owning it on PS4 and switch.  A great, casual platformer for when I don't fancy getting bogged down in my usual RPGs.

We got rayman legends on playstation plus gold plus platinum extra money whatever it's called that's not quite as good as the xbox version. 

I didn't like it much, nor did the 11 year old. Seemed to be missing some of the charm of earlier games. Maybe we didn't give it enough of a chance. Or we were just not in the mood :) 
  • Looking for advice on a retro gaming device if anyone can help me out, please, thank you.

Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    On PC I am having a go at F.I.S.T which was free on Epic a day or three ago. It's a surprisingly enjoyable Metroidvania affair with anthropomorphic animals.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    Was round my mate’s today and had a look at my godson’s switch. 

I definitely need one. Given the £35 a year for the Nintendo online subscription and all its benefits, it seems an absolute no brainer. 
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3450
    edited December 2022
    joneve said:
    Was round my mate’s today and had a look at my godson’s switch. 

I definitely need one. Given the £35 a year for the Nintendo online subscription and all its benefits, it seems an absolute no brainer. 

£35 a year?  That must be for a 1 years family expansion membership, I'm paying £18 a year for the basic membership package - £17.99 to be exact, and the next ''tier up'' the expansion membership, is £21.99 a year, so £22.
    edited December 2022
    https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch-Online/Membership-options/Membership-options-1374627.html

£35 a year. And thanks for clarifying that £17.99 is nearly £18 and £21.99 is nearly £22.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• That's gone up since I checked if the retro NES, SNES, N64, and Sega Mega Drive games collections where included in the basic package, the first 2 are, the second 2 are not.  Though now, that link says you can upgrade to the expansion membership from the basic membership, that couldn't be done when I checked, you had to buy a whole new 1 year membership if you wanted to move up to the expansion membership.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    edited January 2023
    That MissMikkaa I mentioned earlier who play 2 Elden Rings at the same time is now at Melania...i still don't know how she does it.
  • CharlieShawCharlieShaw Frets: 346
    edited January 2023
    I’m playing Anno 1800 which I’ve had for a while but put off playing because it’s a game that demands attention. It’s very immersive and pretty much a full time job. Looks great too.
    That MissMikkaa I mentioned earlier who play 2 Elden Rings at the same time is now at Melania...i still don't know how she does it.
    Got to be just luck, right? 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8094
    Noticed there are some big discounts on the Nintendo eShop - got Ori & The Will O The Wisp (a Metroidvania) for about £6 
    Red ones are better.