General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• @ThePrettyDamned ah that's a shame - I hadn't played WZ1 either so didn't really know what to expect, I thought it would just be a F2P CoD version of Battlefield from the trailers. I'll still give it a try though, assuming I can get into any kind of games - it'll be nice to play with you lot again on something regardless, even if we end up moving to different games.

Was BF2042 any good? I loved that series, but haven't really played one since BF4 or the WW1(?) follow-up
    I really rate 2042, BF4 is my absolute fave, Hardline was okay the cops and robbers mode was fun. I couldn't gel with 1 or V but put a bit of time on V.

2042 has turned into a really solid game.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    Seems to be better.

Only had a few goes on it so far. All quite dark / low light games so far. No idea if that is the plan or whether I've just got night time games due to RNGesus.
    Have I got mixed up as I have downloaded CoD Warzone and it seems like it's battle royale trash... No TDM or anything??? The trailer makes it look like Battlefield.....
    Ngl, I had the same thought - the UI’s crap too - it took me ages to even figure out how to start a match! :mrgreen:

Warzone is the battle Royale free to play. Multiplayer is paid for. 

The ui is complete garbage, in every way. Unlocking (free) weapons on the battle pass takes more effort than before (you have to go to battle pass, highlight the thing you want to unlock and then hold a button to unlock it). 

It's very, very obviously designed to maximise purchases. The old cod games have wonderful UI where it was super obvious what you were doing, how to amend weapons etc. The new one is deliberately confusing, and I'm pretty sure it's to encourage purchases. 

This was less of a problem when loot boxes were more legal. Since they were (correctly) falling foul of gambling laws, games publishers need to be more sneaky with how they get people to spend their money. It's awful. The diablo mobile game was an excellent example of this, where technically you don't need to buy anything, but actually even with purchasing you're thousands of pounds and hundreds of hours away from getting to end game. Cod isn't so bad as that, but it's on the way! 
    Warzone is just a shit Fortnite to be fair. It tries to do all the things that makes Fortnite fun and generally a good Battle Royale game....and fails miserably. 

• CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3450
    edited December 2022
    TimmyO said:
    TimmyO said:
    Does anyone know if either Witcher 3 or Assassins Crees or Crysis Remastered play well on Switch?

Yes for the first two, the third I've got on order.
    Is this legit??

https://www.cdkeys.com/crysis-remastered-trilogy-switch-eu?__currency=gbp&awc=22550_1671144306_27c249d8d4168b6ab5fe7098e29a7131&utm_source=awin&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=RedBrain+Ltd

Yep, don't worry about using CDKeys, been using them for years to get games/DLC/top up cards. Never had a single problem.

If it wasn't for the pricing that place would be brilliant for someone like me who sees the Switch as a hand held, and would really rather not have to flaff about with physical games - for my cousin it's useless.  But without exception every game that is not on special there, and even some that are, can be bought cheaper on physical medium from either Argos, Tesco, or ASDA even Nintendo's own eShop is cheaper in a lot of cases.  That's not to say that there are no great deals to be had, Crysis Remastered is proof there are, there's even a few I'm eyeing up and trying to justify buying myself, and the top up cards.  The most expensive games I have bought to date have all been £35, Legend of Zelda BOTW bought in ASDA, Super Mario Kart 8 Deluxe again £35 from ASDA, Super Mario U Deluxe £35 from Tesco, Legend of Zelda Links Awakening £35 from ASDA, the same with Skyward Sword, and to be honest the selection is nothing to shout about, Argos actually has more titles to choose from.

It's a shame, they, and I don't mean CDKeys, but rather developers and Microsoft,  Sony, Nintendo and all others really need to do something to really make buying games as digital downloads instead of physical medium far far more attractive, and pricing digital downloads for more than the physical versions can be bought for on every high street, puts people off of even looking at them as an option when buying games.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joneve said:
    Seems to be better.

Only had a few goes on it so far. All quite dark / low light games so far. No idea if that is the plan or whether I've just got night time games due to RNGesus.
    Have I got mixed up as I have downloaded CoD Warzone and it seems like it's battle royale trash... No TDM or anything??? The trailer makes it look like Battlefield.....
    Ngl, I had the same thought - the UI’s crap too - it took me ages to even figure out how to start a match! :mrgreen:

The ui is complete garbage, in every way. Unlocking (free) weapons on the battle pass takes more effort than before (you have to go to battle pass, highlight the thing you want to unlock and then hold a button to unlock it). 

It's very, very obviously designed to maximise purchases. The old cod games have wonderful UI where it was super obvious what you were doing, how to amend weapons etc. The new one is deliberately confusing, and I'm pretty sure it's to encourage purchases. 

This was less of a problem when loot boxes were more legal. Since they were (correctly) falling foul of gambling laws, games publishers need to be more sneaky with how they get people to spend their money. It's awful. The diablo mobile game was an excellent example of this, where technically you don't need to buy anything, but actually even with purchasing you're thousands of pounds and hundreds of hours away from getting to end game. Cod isn't so bad as that, but it's on the way! 
    Warzone is just a shit Fortnite to be fair. It tries to do all the things that makes Fortnite fun and generally a good Battle Royale game....and fails miserably. 

I see warzone as being completely different to fortnite, more like a first person pubg, much slower, more tactical. Fortnite is a money extraction machine for children, warzone is a money extraction machine for grown-ups. That isn't to say it's more fun... Just a different kind of machine.

I prefer multiplayer in general, it's more casual and fast. 
    joneve said:
    Seems to be better.

I see warzone as being completely different to fortnite, more like a first person pubg, much slower, more tactical. Fortnite is a money extraction machine for children, warzone is a money extraction machine for grown-ups. That isn't to say it's more fun... Just a different kind of machine.

I prefer multiplayer in general, it's more casual and fast. 
    I also prefer multiplayer but I'm too tight to pay for it :D and can't really justify the cost as I don't get much time to game. 

Fortnite is great for a Casual hour with some mates and I find it ridiculous amounts of fun, despite the fact it's very much aimed at kids. 

• SporkySporky Frets: 30140
    Is Fortnite the one where everyone builds a little shed around themselves, and then spends ten minutes or so deleting and replacing one of the walls? 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Sporky said:
    Is Fortnite the one where everyone builds a little shed around themselves, and then spends ten minutes or so deleting and replacing one of the walls? 
    There are "no build" modes.

My son has been playing the game for a while and loves it. I have never seen the appeal given the silly shed building.

But I started playing the game this week to try out the new ray traced graphics. Played some "no build" matches solo, and then in duos with my son. Turns out the game is great fun. I've really enjoyed the few "no build" matches I've played much more than Warzone.

Sporky said:
    It is, but they introduced "no build" mode last season, which was an absolute godsend. Makes the game much better. Grumpyrocker said:
    Sporky said:
    There are "no build" modes.

My son has been playing the game for a while and loves it. I have never seen the appeal given the silly shed building.

But I started playing the game this week to try out the new ray traced graphics. Played some "no build" matches solo, and then in duos with my son. Turns out the game is great fun. I've really enjoyed the few "no build" matches I've played much more than Warzone.
    Basically. 
    Gotcha - ta. 
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2250
    WARZONE SQUAD UPDATE

I have created a group called “TheFretboard” on WZ. Please search for this group and add yourself! 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    Sporky said:
    Basically. 
  • When my son and his mates play Fortnite the building isn't a slow process of removing a piece every ten minutes. It looks like a fast moving timelapse of skyscrapers being built. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tidy of my day room, all nice and neat and dusted..

Love my Point Blank 2 + GCon, and next door to it is Pac-Land PC Engine, the best version outside of the Arcade. I do love my PC Engine Duo.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Love my Point Blank 2 + GCon, and next door to it is Pac-Land PC Engine, the best version outside of the Arcade. I do love my PC Engine Duo.

The horror of it, Funko Pop figures, the humanity of it, think of the children won't you. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Amazing. Do you have time crisis? I have many fond memories of me and papaprettydamned playing that for far too long... What a game. 
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3521
    edited December 2022
    Tidy of my day room, all nice and neat and dusted..

Amazing. Do you have time crisis? I have many fond memories of me and papaprettydamned playing that for far too long... What a game. 
    All the Time Crisis's available on PS1 and PS2, and Virtua Cop Elite edition. 

All the Time Crisis's available on PS1 and PS2, and Virtua Cop Elite edition. 

Oh my god, the nostalgia. 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7680
    Got an Xbox series S. You can get 1 month game pass codes on eBay for £1.65, it says you just need to let the last expire and put in a new one each month. Really? Seems a very simple way to save £100 a year.
    I think the full-on cheap way is to buy three years of Xbox Live via a VPN from Turkey, then pay the conversion fee to turn it into Gamepass.

I may be adrift on the exact detail. 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7680
    Thanks will look as thats what I do with youtube premium.