General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4198
    I had a PSVR 1 and ended up selling it due to motion sickness. I'd love to play GT7 in VR, but the truth is my body can't handle it. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30139
    I am playing Chorvs, which Lady BMcH and I have agreed is pronounced "chorves".

It's a bit earnest in places, but the action is good. Worth a punt. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18305
    tFB Trader
    Sporky said:
    I am playing Chorvs, which Lady BMcH and I have agreed is pronounced "chorves".

It's a bit earnest in places, but the action is good. Worth a punt. 

My wife insists on calling the band Chvrches Ch-vur-ches for a similar reason.
  • Grim beard reviewed an old ps2 favourite of mine - primal. Watching that before bed tonight. 

May get that, but for now, I've downloaded Syphon Filter and Syphon Filter 2. These were two of my absolute favourite action games as a kid. They honestly hold up OK, despite some iffy controls (as limited by lack of analog sticks at the time!). The level design is good, and it's not unfair in terms of challenge... Mostly... Although the stealth mechanics are primitive compared even to metal gear solid 1. The music is brilliant though. 
  • Battlefield 2042 has been surprisingly fun for free on PS5 this month.

Minecraft Dungeons is very good couch co-op.
    very old school. It’s somewhere in between Diablo 3 and Gauntlet but with the minecraft graphics.

Chorvs was decent. One of the later battles is absolutely spectacular. Not sure it's worth £35, but on Game Pass or if it was on sale for £20 I'd say go for it.

I am now on Soccer Story. 
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1052
    well it only took me about 15 years but i finally got all the runner bags in mirror's edge (cough i had to resort to a guide/video cough) but finally got them all.

mirror's edge is one of my fav games ever and i actually really like catalyst also but not as much as the original.

also solar fields is a great musician.   
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1656
    Took the steam deck on holiday and have been smashing out god of war. 
    Few tweaks to the graphics and the settings and it plays so smoothley. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    Yea steam deck is great. It's perfect for holidays. I'm playing Witcher 3 on it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1656
    Has it since release, used it more this week than since I got it

• Family card game recommendation - cat chaos.

It's a really silly, really simple and really funny game. 
    Soccer Story wasn't worth persevering with. Some of it was fun, then there'd be a mini game that was entirely out of touch with the control mechanics.

Far Cry New Dawn now. It is exactly what you expect from the Far Cry bit and the picture on the box. I am enjoying it. 
    Far Cry New Dawn hit a ridiculous bullet-sponge boss fight. Even switching to easy it doesn't seem winnable.

I did Escape Academy instead. It was rather good - short, not enormously tricky but you do have to pay attention. A nice puzzler.

Dragon Age Inquisition now. Only two starts after seeing what my character looks like in the world (rather than in the character builder) which I think is a personal best. 
  • CharlieShawCharlieShaw Frets: 346
    I liked dragon age inquisition until I got to this party mission and couldn’t work out how to finish it. I suspect I get frustrated too easily.
  • I started celeste the other day. What a lovely game. I'm near the start, but it's super simple and super challenging! I have a feeling it'll have a great story. 
    I liked dragon age inquisition until I got to this party mission and couldn’t work out how to finish it. I suspect I get frustrated too easily.
    I bore myself playing it. Whenever I open an area I want to do everything in that area before I move on. I should be pacing the story missions into it more.

I went back to FCND and finished it - needs a particular set of weapons to get through the boss fights - and I am now on Dishonored 2 - I'd forgotten how bad an idea combat is in Dishonored. It's coming back to me though and it's a lovely rich world.

Also there were a load of new levels for Power Washer Simulator - the Final Fantasy ones were OK (the pub and the model city were really good but the mechs were very fiddly), but the new bonus levels are really good - there's a radio telescope, a food truck, and a solar power plant.
  • thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1075
    This week I played Gran Turismo 7 with a PSVR2 in a full chair, wheel and pedals sim rig.

I was stunned, but oh my word did I feel sick after a lap of brands hatch in a Ford GT.

If I wasn’t travel sick I would have ordered one straight away.

The screen was a bit blurry compared to a high end 120hz 4k tv but the perception of depth was so far beyond anything I’ve experienced in a game before. Hugely impressed. Can’t wait to see what the tech is like in another 3-5 years.
    Just to say, if you haven't played racing games in VR before it can take a bit of building up to get used to it, almost like getting your 'VR legs' so to speak. Though, I'd warn never ever try and reverse with your head turned back... it's horrific!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    I'm on the new Star Wars Jedi Survivor. It's a lot of fun. I also switched down to easy because I value my time and don't like getting killed 20+ times just because I don't have the twitch reactions to perfect my parrying.

It looks spectacular when it's not moving, but frame rate and screen tearing are all over the place when there's a lot on screen, especially in the presumed-ironic performance mode. Apparently there is a patch coming today. 

Either way it's fun so far. I want a Lego BD-1
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4374
    ^ I’ve got BD-1 (and Din’s N-1) on the way as Lego.com are doing their May the Fourth week and you can get some freebies :mrgreen: 

I’ll grab Survivor later in the year when the issues are fixed and it goes on sale, I’ve got enough of a gaming backlog as it is!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    ^ I’ve got BD-1 (and Din’s N-1) on the way as Lego.com are doing their May the Fourth week and you can get some freebies :mrgreen: 

I’ll grab Survivor later in the year when the issues are fixed and it goes on sale, I’ve got enough of a gaming backlog as it is!
    Nice :)

I may well grab the new x-wing at the weekend. We'll see what my local lego shop has...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires