General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 2000
    dammit spiderman looks great. .. chances of sneaking a PS5 next to the XBOX one in the lunge? and Mrs not noticing the PS5 shaped hole in the bank account?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4374
    Err, is no-one else hyped about Snake Eater??
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    Not till I see gameplay! It's Konami doing it and not Kojima so I'm nervous...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Bit late to the party, but if anyone wants about an hour long game that's absolutely brilliant, I can massively recommend Iron Lung. 
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3826
    I've got worms!

On my phone, awesomes  =)
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 525
    Rabs said:

Got all excited thinking this was a new PSP.
    Saw some thumbnails on youtube and thought the same thing. 

The fact it's just an in-home streaming device makes it completely pointless - it's not doing anything I can't do with my iPad/laptop/phone and a controller.  If it was capable of cloud streaming or using other services then I could maybe see the point but it'd still have to come in at sensible price point (i.e. less than the logitec streaming device and probably by quite a bit).
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2648
    tFB Trader
    Holy shit..  Have you guys seen this?  Its from a new game coming called Unrecord (says it will be PC)....

At first I thought it was real video..  Later it become more obvious its CG but WOW... That is something else.

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    Am wondering whether to cancel my Rog Ally preorder.

Anyone play Hades? 
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 525

Anyone play Hades? 
    I've not put a lot of time into it but I played and enjoyed Hades when it first came out.  I'll probably go back to it once I've finished Cult of the Lamb (another decent rogue-like dungeon crawler).

I found Hades pretty difficult - I don't think I ever made it past the first boss.
    RedRabbit said:

Anyone play Hades? 
    I've not put a lot of time into it but I played and enjoyed Hades when it first came out.  I'll probably go back to it once I've finished Cult of the Lamb (another decent rogue-like dungeon crawler).

I found Hades pretty difficult - I don't think I ever made it past the first boss.
    Yea it is hard. Getting a build that is suitable to go far, and choosing the right keepsakes is difficult. I've got to the final boss a few times now, I can get there with decent life, and two death defiance's. I focus on one ability, so either put all boons into cast, special or attack so I end up with my special (for example) being super OP, always choose the hammer when going into a new room if it's available and use poms to upgrade the skills I have and I end up being able to one or two shot most enemies. Then a have some passive stuff going on, maybe lightening or hangover on my dash.

It's an incredible game. I think I should beat it soon.
    Anyone getting D4???
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7492
    Anyone getting D4???
    yup, preordered but not the expensive version where you get early access.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Anyone getting D4???
    yup, preordered but not the expensive version where you get early access.
    I preordered the Deluxe version. I got a £100 PSN code from CD Keys for £80 so that's worked out quite well. So I'll get a head start but my friends have more time to play so they'll catch up and over take me pretty quickly. Looking forward to it.

Not sure on class though. Maybe Necromancer.
    I always fuck up initial class selection so this time im just gonna start with easy mode and do a sorc or rogue. My D3 launch character was a monk FFS. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18305
    tFB Trader
    RedRabbit said:

Anyone play Hades? 

You just have to put the time in. 

As a game it finds its own level with you as you keep getting stronger over time so with repeated play you will become a better player, but also a stronger character. It is quite hard though.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2494
    IMHO the first two should be remade, not Snake Eater. As much as I love what Kojima has created in MGS, the later games, for me, weren’t as tightly written. It’ll be interesting what Konami do with SE though.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4374
    beed84 said:
    IMHO the first two should be remade, not Snake Eater. As much as I love what Kojima has created in MGS, the later games, for me, weren’t as tightly written. It’ll be interesting what Konami do with SE though.
    MGS3 is my all-time favourite game, and I love the storyline in it and the balance of fun spy thriller and over-the-top fantastical elements it has. I just hope that the remake isn't too far from the spirit of the original.
    RedRabbit said:

Anyone play Hades? 

You just have to put the time in. 

As a game it finds its own level with you as you keep getting stronger over time so with repeated play you will become a better player, but also a stronger character. It is quite hard though.
    I can beat the first boss but the fire level i just spend so much time dying to the ground that its not fun. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Ive preordered D4 so will be playing. Will prob have to pony up and get a new laptop to play while im away with work....
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    Ive preordered D4 so will be playing. Will prob have to pony up and get a new laptop to play while im away with work....
    Steam Deck or ROG Ally maybe?