General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    Valve must have encountered the same issues during R&D early on before going down the road of making their own OS.
    Yea it's not that easy to use in all honesty. And I can't be arsed to spend all day finding fixes for games either. It's unfortunate because on paper it's great but the longer you use it the less time you actually have to play because you're trying to find fixes.

Glad I tried it but I think the Steam Deck is much easier to use and while the performance is much less, it's perfectly fine. 
    Reddit is reporting a lot of owners of the AOG Ally having problems with 1TB SD cards and instances of the unit frying the cards...
    And a huge dead zone caused by software that ASUS are refusing to address. 
    Sounds like it is still in Beta, except unlike Valve, they don't fix things...and rather, move on to the next project and fix it there.
    Yea. Shame because it should be a great product but they've just ruined it with poor support. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18305
    tFB Trader
    I've been on holiday and spent a lot of downtime playing the latest Bubble Bobble (aka Bust-a-move back in the day) on the Switch. Absolutely brilliant devilish bastardise hateful frustrating "just one more round" brilliance :) 

Everybubble?
    edited June 2023
    Tried a game called Power wash simulator. I don't really get these types of game so I found it tedious and dull. 3/10.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    I've been on holiday and spent a lot of downtime playing the latest Bubble Bobble (aka Bust-a-move back in the day) on the Switch. Absolutely brilliant devilish bastardise hateful frustrating "just one more round" brilliance :) 

Everybubble?
    Yeah - Puzzle Bobble Everybubble. Ridiculous name and probably a bit overpriced but brilliant fun
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1052
    if anyone hasn't tried it and likes diablo type games torchlight 2 is on sale atm on steam for £3.74 reduced from £14.99.

it is worth every penny even at full price. also you can add mods to the game that are great.

the game was made by some of the original diablo creators.

as you might be able to tell i love the game. 

i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• SporkySporky Frets: 30139
    edited June 2023
    Tried a game called Power wash simulator. I don't really get these types of game so I found it tedious and dull. 3/10.
    I love Power Washer Simulator. I find it quite satisfying and very relaxing.

On PC I am currently playing Mars First Logistics, which looks like Sable but plays like Trailmakers.

You build little rovers from blocks, and transport items across Mars. It's very good indeed. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18305
    tFB Trader

Everybubble?
    Yeah - Puzzle Bobble Everybubble. Ridiculous name and probably a bit overpriced but brilliant fun

Bust a Move is my wife's all time number 2 game (After Dr Mario) so I want to get it for her, but £35 is quite steep for a 2D puzzle game with 16 bit graphics.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681

Everybubble?

Bust a Move is my wife's all time number 2 game (After Dr Mario) so I want to get it for her, but £35 is quite steep for a 2D puzzle game with 16 bit graphics.
    I could argue it has at least 32-bit graphics, but I don't disagree! :D 

It'll be on sale soon enough, I'm sure
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7492
    if anyone hasn't tried it and likes diablo type games torchlight 2 is on sale atm on steam for £3.74 reduced from £14.99.

it is worth every penny even at full price. also you can add mods to the game that are great.

I loved the fact you could send your pet to sell your trash but i never clicked with torchilght 1 or 2. It somehow didnt feel as immediate as diablo i think there was something a bit off about your attacks never really felt like they connected with anything. its prob some subtle animation timing thing but despite looking really nice it felt a bit janky to play to me.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1809
    How are you guys getting on with Diablo 4? 
    I'm hovering over "purchase" botton since yesterday but somehow I feel that game looks unfinished and the least "diablo-like" of all of the franchise... 

I'm hovering over "purchase" botton since yesterday but somehow I feel that game looks unfinished and the least "diablo-like" of all of the franchise... 

I got to level 40 and haven't played it since. Its pretty fun but it sounds like the game is a massive grind after level 70.
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 525
    @RaymondLin how are you getting on with the Retroid Pocket Flip?

I'm starting to fancy a stand alone, handheld emulation machine and I'm not sure what to get.  I'm after something that can handle GameCube and maybe PS2.  No set budget but I'd like to keep it below £200 if I can. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    RedRabbit said:

I'm starting to fancy a stand alone, handheld emulation machine and I'm not sure what to get.  I'm after something that can handle GameCube and maybe PS2.  No set budget but I'd like to keep it below £200 if I can. 
    It's  good, i like the actual unit but I am not a fan of Andriod for an OS for emulation.  I feel like i am using a iPod or something and boot up the emulator rather than having a retro gaming console.

I mean it runs things, i love how it can get all the cover art so much easier as it has wifi support.  Games run fine, the screen is lovely, the triggers are great as they are analogue.  Clam shell means for once, I've not added a screen protector or have a case for this.

So this is nitpicking....

This is going to sound really weird, may be there is a way to disable it, but there is a line to the right side of the screen, were you "swipe up" on a phone, as this is an andriod device, that i find very distracting.  It is a constant reminder that i am using Andriod and i don't like that.

• longilongi Frets: 95

That looks like a pretty good game, I haven't tried it though. I am playing Grim Dawn which is similar to both and is also cheap as you like.
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 525
    RedRabbit said:

It's  good, i like the actual unit but I am not a fan of Andriod for an OS for emulation.  I feel like i am using a iPod or something and boot up the emulator rather than having a retro gaming console.

I mean it runs things, i love how it can get all the cover art so much easier as it has wifi support.  Games run fine, the screen is lovely, the triggers are great as they are analogue.  Clam shell means for once, I've not added a screen protector or have a case for this.

So this is nitpicking....

This is going to sound really weird, may be there is a way to disable it, but there is a line to the right side of the screen, were you "swipe up" on a phone, as this is an andriod device, that i find very distracting.  It is a constant reminder that i am using Andriod and i don't like that.
    Cheers.

I've done a bit more research and it looks like either the Pocket 3+ or Pocket Flip would be my best choice unless I want to spend significantly more.

Ultimately, I think I've decided to stick to using EmuDeck on my Steam Deck.  Ideally I'd like something smaller and with better battery life but I think I'd just get frustrated with lower performance and, as you pointed out, the less than ideal interface.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7680

Well I started and it deleted my character, then I started again and there was a bug which meant the story wouldn't progress and you got stuck after the Astaroth battle. Now there's been an update and I've progressed with the story so we'll see how it goes again! Overall I really like the game, when it works. Which shouldn't be a thing I say really.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1809
    DefaultM said:

Well I started and it deleted my character, then I started again and there was a bug which meant the story wouldn't progress and you got stuck after the Astaroth battle. Now there's been an update and I've progressed with the story so we'll see how it goes again! Overall I really like the game, when it works. Which shouldn't be a thing I say really.
    That seems to be quite a frequent comment really. I think I'll hold fire and maybe get it when it's bit cheaper and patched up. 

• Having watched some D4 I'm not going to bother. Lacks the charm of the original and sequel, and looks made for endgame - which doesn't interest me much. 

Grim Dawn is still alright, but diablo and diablo 2 are just unmatched. Lightning in a bottle, perhaps? 

Thinking of getting a ps5 at some point, and trying ff16. Heard good things about it but have avoided spoilers as much as possible. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    FF16 is good but it’s not very RPG, it’s more Action RPG with emphasis on the action.

The story, I won’t spoilt it but most people love it.

I’ve only watched people play it because i’m too tight to pay for a full price game lol, will get it when it’s discounted.
  • FF16 is good but it’s not very RPG, it’s more Action RPG with emphasis on the action.

The story, I won’t spoilt it but most people love it.

I’ve only watched people play it because i’m too tight to pay for a full price game lol, will get it when it’s discounted.

Ahh OK. I really enjoyed ff6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and loved the gameplay of 12 (even if the story wasn't quite as engrossing) but didn't really get on with ff13 at all, and have been ignorant since. I have heard ff16 is a real return to form. 

Didn't mind the ff7 remake, but it doesn't feel like a finished game (I mean, it sort of isn't...).