General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 1060
    Played an hour of Skate 3 (On the XBox One) last night. What a great skateboarding game it is, I really like open world games when you can do as much or as little as you want, in terms of challenges.

I think Skate 4 is currently in the works, due to be released most likely in 2024.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotone said:
    Played an hour of Skate 3 (On the XBox One) last night. What a great skateboarding game it is, I really like open world games when you can do as much or as little as you want, in terms of challenges.

I think Skate 4 is currently in the works, due to be released most likely in 2024.
    Much preferred Skate 1 and 2.  3 was enjoyable but a little too easy and the challenges went a bit too Tony Hawks for my liking.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1060
    @strumjoughlamps ;
    I love Skate 1 & 2 too, but 3 is definitely my favourite. 
    I only have access to Skate 3 as a downloaded game (think I bought via the XBox online store) on my XBox One. 
    Skate 1-3 I have the game discs, but it’s for my PS3, which I don’t have connected to the TV anymore.
  • Had another stab at elden ring recently and I'm still not enjoying it as much as I'd like. I think open world games are not my thing maybe. I'll keep going to complete it, and see if I change my mind.

Want to get Baldurs gate 3 though! Looks great. 
  • I never played breath of the wild when it came out on the Wii U (and switch) but my kids did, a lot and also my GF when she discovered it but I never really got on with the controls so gave up. Well fast forward a good few years and I discovered that I could run it on my PC via emulation (I own a copy of the Wii U game so can use the game under emulation).

I found a video on YouTube showing how to do it, even had links in to all the bits you need, took me about an hour including the downloading.

WOW running this amazing game on a high end PC at 4K 60fps (or on the 1140p monitor at 100+fps) with modifications packs to allow higher draw distances, better shadows and so on it looks stunning and plays so smoothly and it's beautiful world is now my playground. 

PC is an rtx4080 and 5800x3d and 32 gig of ram.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1656
    Had another stab at elden ring recently and I'm still not enjoying it as much as I'd like. I think open world games are not my thing maybe. I'll keep going to complete it, and see if I change my mind.

Want to get Baldurs gate 3 though! Looks great. 
    I've recently started afresh...thing is, opens no probs on my steamdeck, its selective when it works on my pc.. 

Have recently restarted batman Arkham City. I really like revisiting some older games on newer hardware and whacking all the graphics settings right up to max.
  • I can't remember if I mentioned it already but Jedi Survivor is superb - a genuine improvement in all respects to what was already-great first game in that series. I've not quite finished it yet but the world-building, level design, storyline, and combat are excellent - one of the most enjoyable games I've played in a long, long time (ago...) :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7492
    Had another stab at elden ring recently 
    Did you die?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Had another stab at elden ring recently 
    Did you die?

I did. 

I still don't like it that much. :( but I'm probably going to play dark souls again until Baldurs gate is on sale :D
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2147
    Has anyone tried Baldur's Gate 3?

I completed 1 and got quite far through 2 and they were linked, but this one looks completely new.
  • Schnozz said:
    Has anyone tried Baldur's Gate 3?

I completed 1 and got quite far through 2 and they were linked, but this one looks completely new.

PC only at the moment and my computer will explode if it tries to play a new game, but I really hope it comes to consoles (apparently coming to ps5 in September). 

I don't have a ps5 but it may motivate me to get one. Looks like my kind of role playing game. I really liked the first two. 
  • Whatcha all playing on PS5??

Got double discount on vouchers through work so paid £352 for a £400 Argos voucher and got a disc version whilst they were at £399.
  • @strumjoughlamps ;Jedi Survivor! Superb game, I finished the storyline a few days ago and I’m now going for 100% completion
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1052
    edited August 2023
    just bought stray on series x (i have it on my laptop also but not played it much).

have got a lot further playing xbox version (it looks bloody gorgeous for one thing) and the game is fantastic also. edit nothing wrong with the laptop version either that also looks fantastic but the xbox ray tracing etc is lovely.

have also bought the quake 2 remaster that came out today also.
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7492
    oh what kinda PC you need for quake 2 remaster? wonder if my laptop would run it while im on holidays
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2648
    tFB Trader
    oh what kinda PC you need for quake 2 remaster? wonder if my laptop would run it while im on holidays
    This is what the internet says

• Windows 10 (64-bit version)
    • Intel Core i5-6600k @3.5 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.2 GHz.
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB) or AMD RX Vega 56 (8GB)
    • 8GB System RAM.
    • Minimum 2GB free space on hard drive.
    • High speed broadband connection required for online play.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2768
    Whatcha all playing on PS5??

Got double discount on vouchers through work so paid £352 for a £400 Argos voucher and got a disc version whilst they were at £399.
    I bought one last week now they are on offer.    Currently working through call of duty modern warfare 2,  great game apart from the truck hopping mission that has me stuck...

I'd also appreciate suggestions for similar games.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30139
    I finished Assassins Creed Valhalla. Not 100%, there are a handful of collectable and offerings left but I didn't feel like stamp collecting.

Pretty good, but very, very long, and feels it at times. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Whatcha all playing on PS5??

The new Horizon Zero Dawn game… 
  • just finished stray man what a game it was (and it looks stunning to boot). 
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90