General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1656
    I started on Snowrunner on the steam deck last night. 

Need to think about my next long game...God of war was captivating 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18305
    tFB Trader
    Anyone playing Factorio?

I feel.it may be an epic time sink.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    nero1701 said:
    I started on Snowrunner on the steam deck last night. 

Need to think about my next long game...God of war was captivating 
    I lost interest during the two hour donkey trek. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30139
    I finished Shadow Of The Tomb Raider, which was decent.

I am now playing Tchia, which is utterly charming. Like a jolly Zelda (BOTW type Zelda). 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    I am having a very busy month. Zelda, Diablo 4 and SF6. I used to be quite good at Street Fighter and had one of those Mad Catz fight sticks but I hit a wall and couldn't get any further. If I were at that level now I'd be very happy. I bought a fight pad, the Hori Octa and it's pretty good really. 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7680
    @TeleMaster what class did you pick in Diablo? I've gone for a Necromancer. Only managed about 2 hours so far though.
    I picked Sorcerer! I'm level 21 so not far in. Wanna team up? :) 
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1052
    i just bought diablo 4 the new iom tt 3 game and warhammer boltgun for pc.

unfortunately my laptop isn't the most powerful but can run diablo 4 and the tt game just about (i bought them on pc over my xbox series x as both diablo and the tt game was about £10 cheaper on pc over xbox). just got the standard diablo 4 but the special edition tt game.

i chose the druid as my first d4 character as i liked the sound of turning into a werewolf and werebear tbh. am currently level 7 and found a big town/city place so there when i stopped.

so far am liking the game (i did like d3 quite a bit i must admit also. d2 i didn't really play much of).

the tt game looks very good from watching streams of it but my laptop isn't quite powerful enough to run it properly so i hope to save up for a gaming pc one day ( i bought the base version of star citizen but alas my laptop cannot even start it lol). i can play elite dangerous odyssey though on it even though i only have 2gb of v ram (3gb is rec minimum).

as for the warhammer boltgun game it is great fun i have to say. it looks graphically a cross between prodeus and a 90's fps game but don't let that put you off the game is great fun (you play a space marine from the dark angel chapter i think and go around exterminating chaos space marines chaos itself and all manner of other enemies of the emperor (am only near the beginning so far so  haven't seen that much yet but it is great fun so far :-)

also for anyone who likes retro inspired fps games that hark back to the 90's but with a modern twist and hasn't played it i would highly recommend prodeus too it is def very underrated game (i just stumbled upon it on xbox game pass). like a cross between classic doom and doom eternal.

i will have to go back to the new zelda game also at some point as it is fantastic.  
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• I picked Sorcerer! I'm level 21 so not far in. Wanna team up? :) 
    I play at weekends (late- soon as the kids go to bed) so ill pm ya my blizzard name thing soon as i get a chance if anyone wants to get a forum thing going =0 Im quite crap though !
    Poxy underpowered druid atm.

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2023
    If you've started Diablo IV on PS5 and haven't linked your battle net account, then don't if you want to keep your characters. 
    I've just linked and it's deleted my character, and wiped my save game from PS+ cloud saves as well.

Unlinking does nothing, then it just won't let you play at all until you link again. I've seen mention of some kind of glitch where its sent your characters to an old battle net account, but thats no good because once you've linked 1 account to your PSN it won't let you link an old one for 365 days.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Whaaaaaaaaat? 
    I was level 14 and played maybe 4 hours so it's not the end of the world, but I'm certainly not happy with the deleting out of the cloud bit.
    I specifically went in to the settings and made sure it was saving it, cos I wasn't sure how the save system worked with it always being online.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Started again, necromancer again and got it to level 23. I'm enjoying it but there's loads of glitches where it will log you out or freeze and wipe progress in a dungeon.
    I'm role-playing it as a duck. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:
    I'm role-playing it as a duck. 
    Have you got a copy of the skill tree?
    Quack. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I got the ROG Ally and it's amazing. 
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7492
    Did the first stronghold in diablo last night, that was quite a fun addition. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 525
    Do you think you're selling your Steam Deck then?

Some of the updated reviews with the firmware/bios updates make it look more appealing, but I still don't think it's enough of an upgrade to entice me to ditch my SD.  I think it'll be at least another generation of RDNA before I consider it.
    edited June 2023
    RedRabbit said:
    Do you think you're selling your Steam Deck then?

Some of the updated reviews with the firmware/bios updates make it look more appealing, but I still don't think it's enough of an upgrade to entice me to ditch my SD.  I think it'll be at least another generation of RDNA before I consider it.
    Yea I think so. It's not plug and play though. Lots of fiddling about, and the UI is a bit clunky, but the screen is so much more impressive and I'm getting much better frame rates at much higher settings. 

I've got PS Remote and Gamepass set up and working well. I've tried a few games and it vastly outperforms the Steam Deck. 

I understand if people want to wait because the Steam Deck isn't even a year old yet (I think) but this definitely feels like an upgrade to me.