General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• westfordwestford Frets: 618
    Far Cry 6 coming to Playstation plus next week, is it good? I had a bit of a love-hate thing with 5 so I never got round to buying 6. 

My kids have got me into playing Goat Simulator 3 at the moment.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30139
    I've not played it, but from the reviews it seems to have a hint of Just Cause type silliness. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4374
    I’ve only just noticed that Starfield will be a PC & XBox exclusive :(
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    You can use Game Pass and play it on another device. 
  • CharlieShawCharlieShaw Frets: 346
    I can’t remember when I last pre-ordered a game (if ever) but I will be pre-ordering Cities Sylines 2! Out in October
    You can use Game Pass and play it on another device. 
    I'd want full-screen 4k experience, so if there's an easy way to set that up on a PS4/5/MacBook/iPad without buying something new then I'm good :mrgreen: 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2494
    MGS collection is coming to the Switch! More stuff has been announced but that’s all I really needed to know:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-games/METAL-GEAR-SOLID-MASTER-COLLECTION-Vol-1-2403805.html
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1656
    Dabbled with Control couple years back. Just decided to retry it. Feels quite sinister and dark so far. 
    beed84 said:
    MGS collection is coming to the Switch! More stuff has been announced but that’s all I really needed to know:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-games/METAL-GEAR-SOLID-MASTER-COLLECTION-Vol-1-2403805.html

Superb!!! I've been wanting to replay these again, this'll make that more likely than me dusting off my fat PS3 and booting them up on there!
    nero1701 said:
    Dabbled with Control couple years back. Just decided to retry it. Feels quite sinister and dark so far. 
    I loved the setting, but the game was infuriating. Insane random difficulty spikes. You'd get slaughtered walking into a room you'd cleared. Reload and stroll through the same enemies without a scratch. 
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2648
    edited June 2023 tFB Trader
    Nice.. Metal Gear Solid was one of my favourite games ever.

• I'm playing Sky Odyssey on PS2, I've  never been able to finish it and it's looking like I never will... it's so bloody hard.

I'm also replaying GT4 on PS2, steering wheel only no joypad allowed.
    I have decided to return the ROG Ally. It's obviously superior to the Steam Deck spec wise, but getting things working is a ball ache. For example, I downloaded a game and it just won't recognise the controller. You create a profile and add all the key bindings and it doesn't save them for some reason, and you have to start again. It then works for a bit and then it doesn't.

Using Windows in this way is not easy either. 

Also there is a software issue where the thumbsticks have a huge dead zone so it's just not fit for purpose right now so that's my return reason. 

Back to Steam Deck. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    Valve must have encountered the same issues during R&D early on before going down the road of making their own OS.
    I finally remembered to play The Looker, which is a very good, very short, very free The Witness parody/homage.

Well worth the time to download and play if you liked The Witness. Not if you didn't.

I finished Tchia's story and am now stamp-collecting. I don't normally bother, but it's a lovely setting and a genuinely fun game.
    Valve must have encountered the same issues during R&D early on before going down the road of making their own OS.
    Yea it's not that easy to use in all honesty. And I can't be arsed to spend all day finding fixes for games either. It's unfortunate because on paper it's great but the longer you use it the less time you actually have to play because you're trying to find fixes.

Glad I tried it but I think the Steam Deck is much easier to use and while the performance is much less, it's perfectly fine. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    I've been on holiday and spent a lot of downtime playing the latest Bubble Bobble (aka Bust-a-move back in the day) on the Switch. Absolutely brilliant devilish bastardise hateful frustrating "just one more round" brilliance :) 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Yea it's not that easy to use in all honesty. And I can't be arsed to spend all day finding fixes for games either. It's unfortunate because on paper it's great but the longer you use it the less time you actually have to play because you're trying to find fixes.

Glad I tried it but I think the Steam Deck is much easier to use and while the performance is much less, it's perfectly fine. 
    Reddit is reporting a lot of owners of the AOG Ally having problems with 1TB SD cards and instances of the unit frying the cards...

Reddit is reporting a lot of owners of the AOG Ally having problems with 1TB SD cards and instances of the unit frying the cards...
    And a huge dead zone caused by software that ASUS are refusing to address. 

And a huge dead zone caused by software that ASUS are refusing to address. 
    Sounds like it is still in Beta, except unlike Valve, they don't fix things...and rather, move on to the next project and fix it there.