General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Just grabbed cyberpunk as I got a new gpu for the pc.
    Not seen any issues yet, seems like a really good game so far 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    Just grabbed cyberpunk as I got a new gpu for the pc.
    You are playing it now with lots of patches and on a PC which never had the worst of the problems.  I played it on PS4 from day 1, so I’ve seen some weird bugs and lots of crashes. 

I still put 120hrs into it. It’s not a bad game but they also rushed it by a whole year, it could do with another 6months in the oven at minimum.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IMC1980 said:
    IMC1980 said:
    I have actually been sucked in by Fallout 76 with all of its jankiness. Thoroughly enjoying it which I didn't expect after all the bad press, though maybe the Wastelanders and BOS updates have improved things since the base game came out. 
    Oooh, what's it like for single-player? The MMO aspect and base-building tech put me off last time 
    I have been playing as a single player Fallout, it is fine, the mix of the original questline and the Wastelanders questline means that there is a lot to do from the off; the base building has some purpose now you're building for yourself and not being sent out by Preston to set up a community that just leach of your hard work.

Leveling and gear acquisition is slower but was too fast in Fallout 4 and if you login every day then you get freebies ranging from resources to free caps. Level 18 at the moment and maybe 15-20 hours in, still got a long way to go with the original questline and the Wastelanders questline, haven't even started the BoS questline yet. 
    Cheers, I’ll probably give it a try one day then if I ever clear some of my gaming backlog!
  • Played through Little Nightmares yesterday for some spooky Halloween fun. A few genuine gasp-out-loud moments. Great little game, it was free on PS Plus a while back.
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    IMC1980 said:
    IMC1980 said:
    I have actually been sucked in by Fallout 76 with all of its jankiness. Thoroughly enjoying it which I didn't expect after all the bad press, though maybe the Wastelanders and BOS updates have improved things since the base game came out. 
    Oooh, what's it like for single-player? The MMO aspect and base-building tech put me off last time 
    I have been playing as a single player Fallout, it is fine, the mix of the original questline and the Wastelanders questline means that there is a lot to do from the off; the base building has some purpose now you're building for yourself and not being sent out by Preston to set up a community that just leach of your hard work.

Leveling and gear acquisition is slower but was too fast in Fallout 4 and if you login every day then you get freebies ranging from resources to free caps. Level 18 at the moment and maybe 15-20 hours in, still got a long way to go with the original questline and the Wastelanders questline, haven't even started the BoS questline yet. 
    Cheers, I’ll probably give it a try one day then if I ever clear some of my gaming backlog!
    Worth a look, plus some other player gifted me a sniper rifle the other day that was better than all my gear, so there is that bonus! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just grabbed cyberpunk as I got a new gpu for the pc.
    You are playing it now with lots of patches and on a PC which never had the worst of the problems.  I played it on PS4 from day 1, so I’ve seen some weird bugs and lots of crashes. 

I still put 120hrs into it. It’s not a bad game but they also rushed it by a whole year, it could do with another 6months in the oven at minimum.
    After all the release horror stories I thought I would bide my time.
    Now I have a good game that looks immense and cost me 12 quid :)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10247
    edited November 2021
    Just bought FM2022. Haven’t played it since 2012 according to my Steam account. 

It’s even more involved now. Like a full time job!!!
  • Anyone else playing Forza Horizon 5? What an amazing game it is. Been enjoying the photo mode this afternoon.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Oh it’s out is it??? Nice thanks for the reminder!!
  • Oh it’s out is it??? Nice thanks for the reminder!!
    Premium version is out. Regular release is on the 9th. 

• StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
    There's been a leak of a release date that had been sent to GeForce of Elder Scrolls 6. January 2nd 2024. 

Bethesda usually release big games later in the year so I'll guess November 2024 is realistic. 

But FFS, I'm desperate for the next Elder Scrolls.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Stevepage said:
    There's been a leak of a release date that had been sent to GeForce of Elder Scrolls 6. January 2nd 2024. 

Bethesda usually release big games later in the year so I'll guess November 2024 is realistic. 

I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
    FarleyUK said:
    Stevepage said:
    Just been watching some Halo Infinite gameplay. Safe to say I'll be getting this one. Hopefully the story line carries better than Halo 5.
    For some reason, I could never get into any Halo games. It was just very obviously ‘clear this area then move on’, which in know most FPS’ are, but with Halo I always found it a chore. 

Not to say I won’t get it mind you - but Halo 2 was absolute donkey balls IMO. 
    I'm playing through the Master Chief collection at the moment, and Halo 2 does seem to have sections that go on and on - lots of identical fights through identical areas of a spaceship, then more identical fights against Flood through the same (probably? Could be the other side of the ship for all I can tell) spaceship corridors.

CE is great, and 3, ODST and Reach are all great. Although they are all Halo games, so if that's not your thing, they may not appeal. But 2 is getting a bit boring now, all of the grandeur of the series is missing.
    Halo 2 is probably my least favourite. The fights with The Flood were incredibly annoying. 

I've got the Master Chief collection and just recently finished Reach again. That's a damn good Halo game. 4 is certainly my favourite.
  • Got Riders Republic PS5 coming tomorrow, looking forward to it really enjoyed Steep.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2557
    edited November 2021
    Anyone else playing Forza Horizon 5? What an amazing game it is. Been enjoying the photo mode this afternoon.

Oh yes 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Stevepage said:

Given that Starfield isn't due until November 22, Jan 24 does seem optimistic.

Actually picked up Skyrim again yesterday.  Needs a few mods to make the game flow a bit better but I still think it holds up well today (though this is SE rather than the original release).
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24385
    Anyone tried COD Vanguard yet?

Or is MW still the best one?
    Gotta wait a few more days for Gamepass Forza :(
  • Anyone tried COD Vanguard yet?

Or is MW still the best one?

After cold War was such an epic disappointment I'm just going to wait until it's on sale, if that. 

Such a shame. Modern warfare was excellent. WW2 was pretty good as well, but MW really did make for excellent play in multiplayer and ground war. 
  • I’ve not really played any of the COD games since PS3, what in the series would you guys suggest getting for the PS4 if I have zero interest in anything other than campaign mode?