General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7373
    Hoping to go and buy Deathloop, Ratchet and Clank and Miles Morales with my clubcard vouchers in an apparent sale tesco are having. I hope my local has at least one of them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm hoping for some heavy discounts on some combination of Returnal, Far Cry 6, Dirt 5, and maybe RE Village.

If they'd like to start selling Xboxes at silly discounts I could probably be convinced as well. Looks like I'm going to have to go there if I want to play anything from Bethesda ever again and FH5 looks brilliant
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I love my avatar in Horizon 5 now has a voice. It's a lot of cheesy fun. 

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10276
    Battlefield is not getting good reviews on any case. 7/10 on IGN. 
  • I wasn't impressed with the new Battlefield. The levels are just dull walks to instadeath.  Uninstalled it pretty quickly. Will check it out again down the line if there are major changes. 

• Loving 2042 so far on PS5, feels like a BF4 pt2 to me which is great.
    Loving 2042 so far on PS5, feels like a BF4 pt2 to me which is great.
    There you go. Horses for courses!
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 710
    Battlefield is not getting good reviews on any case. 7/10 on IGN. 

And in general the big review sites are kinder to AAA games than the usually deserve (as is the case here).

DICE learned that people preferred Battlefield 3 and 4, but took the wrong lessons from those games.

'The players like big maps' - Yes, but we don't like them to be so big that you have to run for several minutes to cross points.

'They like lots of carnage and destruction' - Yes, but triggered by players. Not just random shit blowing up and continual sounds of non-gameplay gunfire that distracts you from the game in action. This game has the worst sound design I can remember on any game.

'They like powerful vehicles' - Yes, but they don't all have to be touring gunships with multiple high-powered weapons.

'They like attack helicopters' - Yes, we also like having credible counters to them.

'They don't like small, unarmed vehicles' - Maybe, but we need those for crossing huge maps, so spawn them at the control points as well as spawn, FFS.

'They like having dead-end spots that campers can hide in all game, forcing you to spend massive amounts of time searching nooks and crannies all over huge spaces' - Are you fucking kidding me? There were almost none of these in Battlefield 4, so why have them now.

'They like having lots of gear options' - Yes, but not having literally everything available to every player, irrespective of class. Way to fuck up the team dynamic that classes created, guys.

I could go on here. It's a shitshow and I'm not sure they can actually fix it to the extent that would make me play it, without a complete redesign and reworking of all their core fundamentals. They blew it hard.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    A part of it is also, like with Forza, another incarnation of a very similar game. Without real change people will go off them. 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7373
    DefaultM said:
    Hoping to go and buy Deathloop, Ratchet and Clank and Miles Morales with my clubcard vouchers in an apparent sale tesco are having. I hope my local has at least one of them.
    They only had call of duty Vanguard in the whole shop :'(
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2442
    I'm actually really enjoying CoD Vanguard on PS5 (single player only - I don't 'do' MP). Although I suspect that's mostly down to the haptic triggers (which felt a lot more 'realistic' in Cold War IMO).

Only gripe I have is that it just seems like an excuse to try and get proportional representation shoe-horned into a mainstream game. Not that I'm saying that's wrong, it just feels slightly 'on the nose'.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2021
    FarleyUK said:
    it just seems like an excuse to try and get proportional representation shoe-horned into a mainstream game. Not that I'm saying that's wrong, it just feels slightly 'on the nose'.
    The voting system? Now that is a weird premise for a game!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11916
    edited November 2021
    Anyone want a PS5? I got a curry’s vip code, valid until tomorrow 20th.  You have to redeem in store.

i don’t need it as I’ve already got one.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Anyone want a PS5? I got a curry’s vip code, valid until tomorrow 20th.  You have to redeem in store.

I'd love one but I honestly dont think I would play on it much at the moment. 
    Plus... CyberPunk is awesome (PC)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Anyone want a PS5? I got a curry’s vip code, valid until tomorrow 20th.  You have to redeem in store.

Let me know if you change your mind, I get on the plane in 6hrs but the code is valid until 20th. So I’ll check this thread again when I land.

if anyone else like one then post your name here, then DM me and I’ll pass it to the first poster.
    edited November 2021
    I do love the PS5 but I’m playing games on it that are either 20 years old or are way below the requirements of the PS5. 

I’m grinding through Hell with my mates most evenings on Diablo 2R or playing Hades. I’m also playing Football Manager and am trying to (unsuccessfully) recreate West Ham’s excellent progress this year. 
  • Anyone want a PS5? I got a curry’s vip code, valid until tomorrow 20th.  You have to redeem in store.

Let me know if you change your mind, I get on the plane in 6hrs but the code is valid until 20th. So I’ll check this thread again when I land.

if anyone else like one then post your name here, then DM me and I’ll pass it to the first poster.
    I hate to condone the behaviour but if you buy that PS5 and take it straight to CEX you will make £75

if you can be arsed
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.

I hate to condone the behaviour but if you buy that PS5 and take it straight to CEX you will make £75

if you can be arsed
    A forum member kindly gave me his Currys code and we bought a PS5 for my mate and it took about 3-4 weeks to actually get it. It was worth doing though as they’re impossible to get. 
  • Have they said what the price is at currys? The web is a little cryptic....
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    edited November 2021
    MrSwanson said:
    Have they said what the price is at currys? The web is a little cryptic....
    They only do bundles only so you can get one with an extra controller for £500.  Disc version.

Or with a game, or with the headset.  I think headset bundle cost a bit more, games bundle about £530.