General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7427
    Step son came back from his dads saying he bought him Five Nights at Freddys for the Nintendo switch. He's 10 and it's a 12 which seems fine to me but my wife isn't very happy. 
    I said when I was 10 I was playing Resident Evil and all sorts of 18 rated games, but she said maybe that's why I've turned out dead inside the way I have haha.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    My wife is the same. She thinks that you shouldn’t play a game if you’re 14 if it says 15. Come on :lol: 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17872
    tFB Trader
    Game ratings are weird.

Smash Bros is a 12 but I've got no issues with my 6 year old playing it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Game ratings are weird.

It’s gotta be the violence right. Swords and guns etc. 
  • Game ratings are weird.

I wonder if that's for the copious swearing that inevitably comes with it? :D 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7427
    She played assassins creed odyssey in front of him, but she reckoned cos she'd turned off the blood that was fine. Seeing people run through with swords is okay as long as theres no red on them.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    DefaultM said:
    She played assassins creed odyssey in front of him, but she reckoned cos she'd turned off the blood that was fine. Seeing people run through with swords is okay as long as theres no red on them.
    Just keep taking notes of this hypocrisy and you will have all the defence in times of argument that you’ll ever need lol. 
    This Halo is excellent. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

• What's the betting that these are more readily-available than the actual consoles to fit them too? Either way, it's good to see some customisation available on consoles again.

I'm guessing underneath the covers it's all a little drab and blocky, so there's not much point in getting some serious 90s Nintendo crystal covers as an option? I got an aftermarket one for my Switch a few years back and it does look great, especially with the primary-coloured buttons :mrgreen: 
  • After some pretty rough news, I needed a comfort game. I'm replaying final fantasy x at the moment. Brilliant game, love the story.

Thinking I'll pick up something in the sale soon, quite fancy disco elysium or something. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12050
    After some pretty rough news, I needed a comfort game. I'm replaying final fantasy x at the moment. Brilliant game, love the story.

Thinking I'll pick up something in the sale soon, quite fancy disco elysium or something. 
    If you not played Hades, I highly recommend it.  It's so easy to go "1 more try" and 10 tries later then 3 hours goes by.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    Still loving Halo Infinite. Although the human character (not sure of his name) is an annoying f*ck-tard.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2447
    After some pretty rough news, I needed a comfort game. I'm replaying final fantasy x at the moment. Brilliant game, love the story.

If you not played Hades, I highly recommend it.  It's so easy to go "1 more try" and 10 tries later then 3 hours goes by.
    I totally agree. The game is absolutely superb, well crafted and superbly written (it’s the first game to win a Hugo Award). Honestly, I must’ve been about ten the last time I played a game I’ve been this addicted to. My discipline has been robbed!
  • beed84 said:

I totally agree. The game is absolutely superb, well crafted and superbly written (it’s the first game to win a Hugo Award). Honestly, I must’ve been about ten the last time I played a game I’ve been this addicted to. My discipline has been robbed!

I'll definitely give it a try!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17872
    tFB Trader
    ThePrettyDamned sai seed:
    beed84 said:

I'll definitely give it a try!

Given your love of slay the spire you may want to also try dicey dungeons and monster train.
  • I've started crusader kings 3

It's like crack cocaine!!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33958
    FarleyUK said:
    Still loving Halo Infinite. Although the human character (not sure of his name) is an annoying f*ck-tard.
    I'm not bothering with the campaign, just doing multiplayer.
  • i bought xenoblade chronicles x for my wii u about a week ago.

holy bananas the game is incredible (the game world and creatures). but man is it tough.

i have no clue what i'm doing (and i have xenoblade chronicles definitive edition and 2 on the switch and have no idea what i'm doing in those either to be fair).

seriously the world is bloody huge and beautiful.

it needs a switch remaster asap
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• We got our lad a racing wheel today so been having some fun with that, F1 2021, BeamNG, Dirt 2.0 etc
    It’s a Logitech G923
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12050
    Anyone who picked up PS4 from PSN a few months ago and have a PS5 can upgrade it to the PS5 version now for free.  Not sure how long this offer will be on for.