Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Video Killed the Video Star [A sort of Chappers Story]

What's Hot
15678911»

Comments

• Rob1742Rob1742 Frets: 1069
    If you are going to create a public profile for yourself and put yourself out there, be prepared to be looked at.

The video of him saying how great the pedals are and he doesn’t have any affiliation, yet he owns the company is a major mistake that wipes away a huge slice of his credibility.

Then saying he is putting something back, indicating he is giving, yet it’s a commercial enterprise that he is creating is another one where he has well and truly put his foot in it. 

To me he appears to like to think he is a bit bigger than he actually is. He would be better off being honest with his audience and himself as he will come over much better.

He has a family to support, he has a business. Let’s hope his arrogance doesn’t win over and he analyses his mistakes, learns from them, accepts they are errors and is able to carry on with the good bits that he has created. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited February 2020
    soma1975 said:
    Some people are just utterly relentless. Let it go ffs. Those people for whom nothing he says or does is correct enough for exactly how they demand he act can do one.

In lieu of me making a video listing everything I take issue with about how you purport yourselves online, please just know that 
    It's just excruciatingly embarrassing now and you are starting to come over as a bit unhinged. 
    Is Chappers Derangement Syndrome similar to Trump Derangement Syndrome?
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4180
    edited February 2020
    It's like that scene in the film "Being John Malkovich" where it's all about him, except it's "Chapman...Chapman...Chapman? Chapman. Chapman? Chapman...Chapman?...Chapman...Chapman...."
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11521
    There was quite a queue of people wanting to talk to him at the Guitar Show earlier.  I didn't see any pitchforks.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4180
    crunchman said:
    There was quite a queue of people wanting to talk to him at the Guitar Show earlier.  I didn't see any pitchforks.
    Wanting refunds?

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • He must be worried if he came up to 0121 land. I know we have Peaky Blinders and Desi pubs but this is his first venture up iirc.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12459

I quite like Rob, but I'm finding it really hard to forgive him. 

I mean, those dreads back in the day really were a travesty. 

Who?
    You know, old Wotzisname, that Monkey Spunk off the YouTube's. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2243
    It annoys me that this guy gets so much attention for his YouTube clickbait spam when there are people like Jack from Peach Guitars who can actually play and make quality informative content. 

Look at this vs one of Robs. 

Vs

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7026
    edited March 2020
    It annoys me that Mrs Browns Boys and Citizen Khan are so popular despite being atrocious. Turns out that different people like different things and that is a thing that is allowed. 

This is clearly the best and most informative Chapman pedal review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aveUEZkcQno
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1959
    Honestly, with all the shit going down with Chappers, I'm beginning to wonder if having his face tattooed on my neck was a good idea. 
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    edited March 2020
    soma1975 said:
    It annoys me that Mrs Browns Boys and Citizen Khan are so popular despite being atrocious. Turns out that different people like different things and that is a thing that is allowed. 

I remember that video. It's great 1 Not everything has to be super serious & straight-faced professional. Still, Pete is the best thing to happen to the Andertons channel in years - At least he plays stuff in ways I'm somewhat interested in sounding like.
  • soma1975 said:

Ah yes, that's the one where 'The Monkey Lord' and 'The Captain' wet themselves laughing about using a pedal to simulate an anime character - who is supposed to be a 15-year old girl - saying 'F•ck me kind sir' and similar.  Of course this was made before 'The Captain' went all 'SJW'. Clearly, a case of whatever it takes to keep the clicks coming and the customer base growing.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7216
    Lodious said:
    Honestly, with all the shit going down with Chappers, I'm beginning to wonder if having his face tattooed on my neck was a good idea. 
    tell people it's Che Guevara?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    Freebird said:
    soma1975 said:
    Some people are just utterly relentless. Let it go ffs. Those people for whom nothing he says or does is correct enough for exactly how they demand he act can do one.

In lieu of me making a video listing everything I take issue with about how you purport yourselves online, please just know that 
    It's just excruciatingly embarrassing now and you are starting to come over as a bit unhinged. 
    Is Chappers Derangement Syndrome similar to Trump Derangement Syndrome?
    No, because Chappers is an internet guitar dude who has to my knowledge done nothing more than become quite successful and start his own guitar brand. Which has really triggered the basement dwelling troll fol-de-rols.

Trump on the other hand is a horrible piece of work who, once he is not president and protected by the Repubs, is probably going to jail at some point for any one of a number of infractions including but not exclusive to: sexual assault/rape, fraud, tax evasion, treason, extortion, obstruction of justice, perjury.  

Being 'deranged' over Trump is a natural reaction because the guy is tearing his country apart along racial lines and legitimizing criminal regimes the world over while turning his back on his allies. And he has the nuclear codes.

Being 'deranged' over Chappers probably just means you maybe need to get out more. Maybe a nice cup of tea. A walk. Some light stretching. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom