Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Video Killed the Video Star [A sort of Chappers Story]

What's Hot

Comments

• soma1975 said:
    From online cooking shows it seems nobody knows how to make a burger that doesn't seep everywhere and cover your arm in grease.

I blame Adam from Man vs Food for that. Some of the burgers he used to tackle sounded amazing when you heard what they were made of, but they were always too big and too messy to eat
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1143
    edited February 2020
    it's not just Guitar stuff, i started playing Golf in 2018 and watching YT stuff and that might be even worse. Plus you get a new product every day claiming that it will make you hit the ball further, then 10,000 people doing reviews of it wearing sponsored clothing...

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7213
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7220
    Nice, the start of a new journey perhaps

or something equally profound and ace!!

go ed Chappers!!!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7027
    Great. Now you lot made him homeless. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    "Chapman Guitars would like to introduce our latest limited run consisting of 8 one off Pro Series Relics….⁣

Coming in at £1,499, each limited Edition “Battleworn” ML1 Pro guitar has handwound “Guitarmory” pickups, upgraded wiring, hardware, a unique “Battleworn” Nitrocellulose finish & roasted maple necks. ⁣"

Nope - they're just introducing reliced guitars. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    To be fair, he’s looking like a bit of a battleworn youtuber at the mo..
    To be fair, he’s looking like a bit of a battleworn youtuber at the mo..
    he's battling his balrog, he'll be back don't you worry
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyyzaSppgWU

Very considered and mature video that was released a few hours ago. I suspect that will put things to bed.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • johnl said:

Very considered and mature video that was released a few hours ago. I suspect that will put things to bed.
    Let's hope this is the end of it. I personally think he seems like an alright bloke, I like his music, some of his videos have made me laugh and if he was in Andertons at the same time as me I'd go over to say hi & shake his hand.

There are plenty of people in this world far more deserving of hatred than Rob Chapman 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7027
    Yeah but my last thread on him got closed. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • johnl said:

Let's hope this is the end of it. I personally think he seems like an alright bloke, I like his music, some of his videos have made me laugh and if he was in Andertons at the same time as me I'd go over to say hi & shake his hand.

There are plenty of people in this world far more deserving of hatred than Rob Chapman 
    Couldn’t agree more. To err is human and as you say there are lots of people who would come above Chappers in my list of people who deserve to be held to account for their actions.
  • Yeah, that's what was needed. There will still be people who pick holes in it, but for those people there's nothing he could do to remedy the situation.

For everyone else, a dose of sincerity and introspection and a mea culpa is the best way.
    <space for hire>
  • i think Rob's biggest flaw has been a lack of self awareness and how his "style" can be perceived. Hopefully this incident will help him move forward in a more positive way, it's obviously been a rough time for him.

• NikcNikc Frets: 629
    Fair play takes a fair bit to put your hands up and admit you were wrong ;)

• prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4011
    johnl said:

I think this guy should do more videos.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I believe him..  fair play.. move on. He's been a dick and hopefully learnt from it.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• johnl said:

Sorry, but that was really vomit-worthy. He pays the victim card to a tee: "sad ", "powerless", "vulnerable", "scared"...

More like the incident led him to show his true self, beyond the carefully-cultivated public image that he uses to flog stuff via YouTube videos ( "arrogant", "egocentric", "full of myself" and having an acute awareness of his huge "online power') and now, having no other choice, he is having to play the old 'reputation management' game. 

As Bart might have put it, "You just bought another load of crap from the world's fattest fertilizer salesman."

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23703
    soma1975 said:
    Great. Now you lot made him homeless. 
    The not-so-littlest hobo.
    johnl said:

Sorry, but that was really vomit-worthy. He pays the victim card to a tee: "sad ", "powerless", "vulnerable", "scared"...

More like the incident led him to show his true self, beyond the carefully-cultivated public image that he uses to flog stuff via YouTube videos ( "arrogant", "egocentric", "full of myself" and having an acute awareness of his huge "online power') and now, having no other choice, he is having to play the old 'reputation management' game. 

As Bart might have put it, "You just bought another load of crap from the world's fattest fertilizer salesman."

Yeah this is true to an extent, say he "came across" as arrogant and a bully, oh but actually the opposite is true. Also he already knows no one will accept any explanation for his "holy shit" comment therefore he doesn't have to explain it.

Hmmm, I think @Three-ColourSunburst has now got me leaning more towards this is quite an insincere little exercise. It's just lazy platitudes isn't it? Is it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom