Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Video Killed the Video Star [A sort of Chappers Story]

What's Hot

Comments

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4180
    Alan Partridge too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Philtre said:
    Alan Partridge too.
    Crash bang wallop, what a guitar video
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Pete Thorn is a YT guitar personality who has been active for over 10 years and i've never seen or heard anything negative about him....ever.

Him & Phil X :+1: Gods.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • the point being it's not something that happens to everyone, Chappers has always had a divisive personality, he has a presenting style that some find charismatic, a lot find annoying.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10776
    edited February 2020
    I’ve succumbed and made a video with my take on it. 

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7220
    viz said:

You should be the voice for audiobooks.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10776
    edited February 2020
    Lol. Plus I have the face for radio, I know :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    viz said:
    Lol. Plus I have the face for radio, I know :)
    You're pretty much exactly how I imagine most people on this forum would be like lol
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6421
    Oooh a Chappers thread !

I'm going with stock answer #37 on this ....
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Who?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  •  ;) 
    Jalapeno said:
    Oooh a Chappers thread !

I'm going with stock answer #37 on this ....
    lol if that was a number picked at random you've actually chosen a post by Oil City which is pretty much as good as a comment could be in a thread like this, so nice choice!
    Might as well take this chance to say to anyone who might have decided not to bother checking out Chapman's music that they really should give Dorje a wee listen - you might be surprised.

I recommend the song "All" as one of my favourites of theirs. Also great live show, had quite a cool "cult following" type vibe from the crowd that I've never really experienced.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    See the source image
  • thegummy said:
    Might as well take this chance to say to anyone who might have decided not to bother checking out Chapman's music that they really should give Dorje a wee listen - you might be surprised.

I recommend the song "All" as one of my favourites of theirs. Also great live show, had quite a cool "cult following" type vibe from the crowd that I've never really experienced.
    I’ve heard Dorje before but never really given them a proper listen. Just heard “All” and a few other sings from Deezer’s top songs recommendations. Pretty good actually, I’ll be investigating further :+1:
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2957
    edited February 2020
    viz said:

This is brilliant

you could definitely get some voiceover work with that voice!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• Am I the only person on this entire forum who knows sweet FA about this recent Chapman thing?
    No, I don’t either and what’s more couldn’t care less.
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1655

Am I the only person on this entire forum who knows sweet FA about this recent Chapman thing?
    Do you go to all threads, not read them then post on the last page that you know nothing about them and don't care? Strange hobby.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    Dan_Halen said:

Am I the only person on this entire forum who knows sweet FA about this recent Chapman thing?
    Do you go to all threads, not read them then post on the last page that you know nothing about them and don't care? Strange hobby.
    I know where you're coming from and I see people doing exactly that.

I think this thread is a bit different though, it's kind of a meta thread (I.e. It's not strictly about a chappers incident, it's about people talking about that incident) so can actually understand those comments in this one.

Usually though it'll be like a thread where someone asks what nut material should they use or something then comes a "stop discussing this and just play the guitar" which makes me think they should surely take their own advice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4180
    edited February 2020
    Dan_Halen said:

It's like when people post on a thread and say "First world problems". Of course it's a fucking first world problem, it's a forum about guitars, fondue making, knitting patterns or whatever the fuck the forum is concerned with! Do these people sign up to forums that discuss world hunger and famine relief and say, "Third world problems"?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom