Beware - Essex Recording Studios overpriced content

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    I guess I'm the only person who hasn't heard of Bush?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7327
    axisus said:

Glycerin was / is a great time imho. I lived in the States for a few years in the 90s and they were huge then. The lead singer ended up marrying Gwen Stefani the lucky sod.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Blimey, only just sold this morning and he's already stuck it up for several times what he bought it for. 

https://reverb.com/item/32833815-1969-gibson-les-paul-custom-famous-artist-owned-by-bush-played-on-stage-at-woodstock-black-beauty

It sold this morning at G&H for £6,800 (Hammer price)

He'd have paid a good 20% more than that after buyers premium and vat. 

Not £25k, but nearer 10

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995
    axisus said:

Was popular in the 70s
    21reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6886
    axisus said:

Actually listening to them now haha.. 

Machinehead.. 

Gavin was a lucky man banging Gwen Stefani for over a decade.
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    skunkwerx said:
    axisus said:

Machinehead.. 

Calm down. I’ve just googled her. She’s nothing spesh. Actually I suggest you’re lucky to have avoided the girl. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2446
    Bush were probably the UK's most successful Grunge era band. Saw them once. They were clients of Chandler's back in the 90's. I remember telling Doug he'd been credited in the Razorblade Suitcase record...he looked perplexed lol. Like some of you guys he was saying 'Bush?' 
    They played Woodstock in 99.....quite well known, Rossdale turned his hand to acting.....badly. 
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2589
    skunkwerx said:
    axisus said:

Machinehead.. 

Maybe she was banging him, after all he is definitely prettier than her  :)
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1530
    There must be a lot of young people on here then, never heard of Bush or Gwen Stefani??? "Don't speak" was number one in UK for a while I'm sure. Back when people took notice of the charts. Bush were pretty successful here, but not mainstream success like the USA.  If you were into rock / grunge music in the mid 90's you should have heard of them. "Everything zen" used to be on mtv a lot. Obvious attempt at copying Nirvana but is not a bad song.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    edited March 2020
    this guy has come up in many threads and i see theres not much love for him. but in this case what exactly has he done wrong. I presume he got it for that price as no one bid any higher in the auction, and he has (cheekily) put it up for a huge profit, with offers invited. He's invested his money and taken the risk he can make a large profit, maybe distasteful but not illegal and in the scheme of many business deals not that uncommon. Not trying to be contentious but apart from being a possibly shrewd dealer ( i understand he's pissed people off by making low ball offers) but whats the problem with him?

Not illegal.
    Just morally reprehensible.
    Greed is a very unattractive trait.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    There must be a lot of young people on here then, never heard of Bush or Gwen Stefani??? "Don't speak" was number one in UK for a while I'm sure. Back when people took notice of the charts. Bush were pretty successful here, but not mainstream success like the USA.  If you were into rock / grunge music in the mid 90's you should have heard of them. "Everything zen" used to be on mtv a lot. Obvious attempt at copying Nirvana but is not a bad song.
    I'm very flattered you think I'm young but you're in for a big disappointment if ever you see me.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4287
    Owned by bush !! I only know of them from Chris Evans TFI show singing it’s your letters which is apparently a laugh at one of their songs.  For £25k I want one owned by Slash, Richie sambora , Izzy stradlin or gilby Clarke 
    That was Reef not Bush.
    Uh oh , lol. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    I don't think there's any issue with a one off thing like this. He bought it at auction and he can put it up for whatever he wants.

The issue is the wider picture of his business practices on a whole, his annoying videos, the fact the price is fucking laughable and his ridiculous attempt to get the FBI involved with the Fretboard.

He essentially has very little chance of redemption here at this point. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • fandango said:
    skunkwerx said:
    axisus said:

Machinehead.. 

Calm down. I’ve just googled her. She’s nothing spesh. Actually I suggest you’re lucky to have avoided the girl. 
    Plus she’d still want the dishwasher emptied and the bins put out!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1597
    You're all jealous of his hot wife
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3090
    He offered me half my asking price on eBay recently. No chance.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ten77guitarten77guitar Frets: 1174
     themeinside said:
    He must occasionally sell stuff at his overinflated prices as well. People can say “it’s capitalism, no one’s forcing anyone to buy from him” but what it boils down to really is ripping people off. 

There are loads of situations where it wouldn’t be deemed acceptable. If you went to a garage to get your car fixed and you later found out they charged you four times more than average you’d be rightly pissed off. People buy gear from Andertons and see the same thing advertised elsewhere cheaper and expect them to refund the difference. Why should this absolute bellend not be held to the same standards?
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7017
    Yep I'm not a fan of middlemen that don't offer any added value for their markup. 

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
This discussion has been closed.