Beware - Essex Recording Studios overpriced content

What's Hot

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5500
    I’ve talked to Reverb before about tenuous Ts + Cs- maybe not specifically about this guy but I remember reporting someone with something similar. I’m not sure they did anything directly but assured me that their Reverb Protection superseded any bullcrap in a listing (my word, not theirs!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4287
    Xbaxxx said:
    I can not believe someone buys a guitar from a company that has a returns policy like this, which is completely illegal within UK borders.

"Lastly, all instruments are owned and sold privately. This is an international website based in the United States of America, where I am from. My guitars come and go from all over the world and it is the United States that has domain over these sales from my web store regardless of where the item is photographed or stored. We all have agreed to the site's rules, terms and conditions. While you may live outside of America, it is this site's rules and Reverb.com's host country (USA) trade laws that govern sales and taxation on the site and take precedent over buyer's individual local laws, rules and regulations governing the sale of used goods. While the UK is still part of the European Union, there are no taxes/paperwork/customs duties for items shipped within the EU. I have titled this shop section after my recording studio in England, but again these items are sold privately and have no affiliation with Essex Recording Studios LTD . This means items are sold As-Is or As-Seen and all sales are final with no returns accepted for any reason. Make sure you really want the item before committing to buy it, because once you click Buy Now or make an offer and it is accepted...it is your item. I am a big believer in personal responsibility and accountability for your own choices and your own mistakes. When I make a mistake, I own up to it and take responsibility for it. It is a two way street and is the same deal for buyers. If you bought an item and change your mind about it later, just remember...you can always sell it yourself and get your money back"
    Holy cow . . . Not seen this before  , what a cheeky bastard 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4287

I've seen a lot of these bollocks T&Cs floating around on guitar seller websites. The Essex man T&Cs are probably the most egregious that I have seen and should, if anything, flag up the nature of the seller to anyone thinking of buying from him. There's an outfit called something like the Painted Guitar company that also have T&Cs that aren't remotely legal. Even the well respected Nacho tries to circumvent consumer EU laws by claiming that his guitars are "used merchandise" and, therefore, exempt from any kind of warranty.
    Is that  the painted player ? I was once looking at an epiphone replica of the joe perry slash guitar ,but the price was ridiculous  
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11421
    So he's using the name of an incorporated entity (albeit one which I presume he owns) whilst claiming that he's acting personally.

The (many years ago) ex-law student in me think that isn't right.
  • RonnieHotdogsRonnieHotdogs Frets: 187
    edited March 2020
    Her Maj would be interested in that clause, it's pretty blatant tax avoidance, unless he is declaring all these sales on his personal return, which I am absolutely sure he is doing, natch
    His accounts are 4 months late too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33933
    Xbaxxx said:
    I can not believe someone buys a guitar from a company that has a returns policy like this, which is completely illegal within UK borders.

"Lastly, all instruments are owned and sold privately. This is an international website based in the United States of America, where I am from. My guitars come and go from all over the world and it is the United States that has domain over these sales from my web store regardless of where the item is photographed or stored. We all have agreed to the site's rules, terms and conditions. While you may live outside of America, it is this site's rules and Reverb.com's host country (USA) trade laws that govern sales and taxation on the site and take precedent over buyer's individual local laws, rules and regulations governing the sale of used goods. While the UK is still part of the European Union, there are no taxes/paperwork/customs duties for items shipped within the EU. I have titled this shop section after my recording studio in England, but again these items are sold privately and have no affiliation with Essex Recording Studios LTD . This means items are sold As-Is or As-Seen and all sales are final with no returns accepted for any reason. Make sure you really want the item before committing to buy it, because once you click Buy Now or make an offer and it is accepted...it is your item. I am a big believer in personal responsibility and accountability for your own choices and your own mistakes. When I make a mistake, I own up to it and take responsibility for it. It is a two way street and is the same deal for buyers. If you bought an item and change your mind about it later, just remember...you can always sell it yourself and get your money back"
    Holy cow . . . Not seen this before  , what a cheeky bastard 
    I posted this a few months ago on another one of the threads about this guy.
    It is complete bullshit and not legal.
    He is doing it to avoid giving refunds, or to dissuade the ignorant from asking for one.

• KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1332
    Waste of time looking at his stuff for sale, and even more contacting him. He's an arrogant lying f#ck that deserves nothing but lack of attention. Just my two cents.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Tat2dsteshTat2dstesh Frets: 193
    Reported to HMRC tax department - looking into it he is selling the items on his own website which links to Reverb for the payment part, while stating this is personal sales and not part of his business... Worth them investigate the fact he is doing this and probably not declaring any of this as profit and paying tax.
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • To be fair, in a worldwide economic collapse, very few people will be dropping this sort of money on guitars. 

I really hope he hasn't got too much capital tied up in unsellable guitars! :D 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7017
    Reported to HMRC tax department - looking into it he is selling the items on his own website which links to Reverb for the payment part, while stating this is personal sales and not part of his business... Worth them investigate the fact he is doing this and probably not declaring any of this as profit and paying tax.
    You reported someone to the HMRC with no actual proof of any wrongdoing? 

Jesus Christ.  
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 16reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4011
    soma1975 said:

Jesus Christ.  
    Reported this post to HMRC.
    15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31918
    soma1975 said:

Jesus Christ.  
    Exactly. We're about to see a load more people scratching a living on the side and a lot of ducking and diving to make ends meet, nice to see who the government stooges are in advance. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33933
    No one likes a grass.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
    Snitches get stitches tbf. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    prlgmnr said:
    soma1975 said:

Jesus Christ.  
    Reported this post to HMRC.
    I will find you...

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skippy76skippy76 Frets: 619
    Nothing wrong at all reporting him, if he’s not done anything wrong he’ll be fine in an audit.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Check out Dave Stasi up there.   

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    octatonic said:
    No one likes a grass.
    My sentiments exactly.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    soma1975 said:

Jesus Christ.  
    Utter garbage.  

All the guy has done is raise a concern to HMRC; they will decide if there's any merit in the report.

Disgraceful comments.  Fuck the idea of grasses, and "stitches" (bloody hell that's shocking).

You should be ashamed of yourselves.  Do you support bullshxt whiplash claims as well?

If this seller is ripping the taxman off he's ripping us all off and deserves everything coming to him.

Wish I'd thought of reporting him first.

What's wrong with you people?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 23reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2020
    Yes mate we are in the middle of a worldwide pandemic and society is collapsing all around us but because someone doesn't like how someone conducts their business with NO PROOF WHATSOEVER, and just the non legally binding bollocks written on an advert said curtain twitcher has reported him to the HMRC trying to ruin him?

That is a c-word's trick in my book. 

Appalling behaviour. 

If you had proof and reported him you'd be a grass but okay fair enough there is a principal involved. But that's not what this is. This is outright trying to fuck another person over. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.