Beware - Essex Recording Studios overpriced content

What's Hot

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7330
    DrBob said:
    The last band I was in used to do a cover of “Swallowed”, it went down pretty well as I recall 
    Reminds me of my ex. 

God I miss her! 
    She says ‘Hi’

At least I think that’s what she said 
    22reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBob said:
    The last band I was in used to do a cover of “Swallowed”, it went down pretty well as I recall 
    Reminds me of my ex. 

God I miss her! 
    She says ‘Hi’

At least I think that’s what she said 
    Are you sure it was her? She was rarely the only one there iirc

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5452
    DrBob said:
    Reminds me of my ex. 

God I miss her! 

HEY, R*****, HAVE YOU SEEN THIS??!!!!!!

;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Snags said:
    DrBob said:
    Reminds me of my ex. 

God I miss her! 

;)

Grass!!
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4011
    I feel like if you're in the market for any guitar at 25k then 'overpriced content' is not one of your main concerns.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Snags said:
    DrBob said:
    Reminds me of my ex. 

God I miss her! 

;)

Grass!!
    Snitches get stitches @Snags ;

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5452
    Snags said:
    DrBob said:
    Reminds me of my ex. 

God I miss her! 

;)

Grass!!
    Snitches get stitches @Snags ;
    I've learnt it pays to be on the ladies' side in these situations.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I bought a guitar off this guy before I'd ever seen any negative chat about him. It was all fine, as was the guitar, It was the spec I wanted, at a price I was happy enough with. Delivered on time, no problems. Would I buy off him again?....yeah.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2819
    I bought a guitar off this guy before I'd ever seen any negative chat about him. It was all fine, as was the guitar, It was the spec I wanted, at a price I was happy enough with. Delivered on time, no problems. Would I buy off him again?....yeah.
    I'm surprised at that.  Not because he doesn't sell guitars you might want, and the price is really for any buyer to decide, but because he's at best not straight with the truth and he's pretty aggressive and confrontational if you question him on almost anything.  He's notorious for his low-balling.  Okay, fair enough, you don't have to accept (and I've since just ignored him) but he once told me, when I declined his ludicrous offer, he was picking up Gibson J200's at £1,700 every month.  Sorry, but I feel he was just lieing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreeze said:
    I bought a guitar off this guy before I'd ever seen any negative chat about him. It was all fine, as was the guitar, It was the spec I wanted, at a price I was happy enough with. Delivered on time, no problems. Would I buy off him again?....yeah.
    I'm surprised at that.  Not because he doesn't sell guitars you might want, and the price is really for any buyer to decide, but because he's at best not straight with the truth and he's pretty aggressive and confrontational if you question him on almost anything.  He's notorious for his low-balling.  Okay, fair enough, you don't have to accept (and I've since just ignored him) but he once told me, when I declined his ludicrous offer, he was picking up Gibson J200's at £1,700 every month.  Sorry, but I feel he was just lieing.
    I can only judge someone on how theyve treated me. There were no lies to tell with the guitar I bought. It was advertised as a US Fender Strat..nothing more nothing less..and when I opened the case....there was a US Standard Strat. Maybe I was lucky. Lying of course is bad form, but as for pricing, he can ask what he wants, and offer what he wants, as far as Im concerned. 
    PS: Plenty of over priced kit on here as well.  :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    There must be a lot of young people on here then, never heard of Bush or Gwen Stefani??? "Don't speak" was number one in UK for a while I'm sure. Back when people took notice of the charts. Bush were pretty successful here, but not mainstream success like the USA.  If you were into rock / grunge music in the mid 90's you should have heard of them. "Everything zen" used to be on mtv a lot. Obvious attempt at copying Nirvana but is not a bad song.
    That  (Don't Speak)was by No Doubt before Gewn Stefani went solo i think.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ten77guitarten77guitar Frets: 1174
    thebreeze said:
    I can only judge someone on how theyve treated me. There were no lies to tell with the guitar I bought. It was advertised as a US Fender Strat..nothing more nothing less..and when I opened the case....there was a US Standard Strat. Maybe I was lucky. Lying of course is bad form, but as for pricing, he can ask what he wants, and offer what he wants, as far as Im concerned. 
    PS: Plenty of over priced kit on here as well.  :)
    That and him trying to get the forum shut down is enough for me never to have any dealings with him. It’s not like guitars are rare - there are plenty of trustworthy people to buy from so why take the risk?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • steersteer Frets: 1220
    He has a good trading feedback on Reverb, so it is not surprising that there are people out there who are happy with whatever they have bought. I'm not defending him by the way, just pointing out the obvious. 
  • ColsCols Frets: 7284
    edited March 2020
    steer said:
    He has a good trading feedback on Reverb, so it is not surprising that there are people out there who are happy with whatever they have bought. I'm not defending him by the way, just pointing out the obvious. 
    How does feedback work on Reverb?  There seem to be very few sellers with less-than-perfect ratings, is everyone on there just really good?
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3097
    https://reverb.com/item/32801322-rare-jackson-guitars-made-in-usa-4x12-batman-movie-film-prop-speaker-cabinet-amp-guitar-cab

Pretty sure this cab barely sold for £200 a few weeks back. Regular Jackson cabs sell for around £150..
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10405

I've just offered him a bag of pasta as a trade. 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tat2dsteshTat2dstesh Frets: 193
    Stevepage said:
    thats a 200% markup... he is more trotter than a horses hoof

• danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2714
    edited March 2020
    So the £50 description: 

Bought from an American friend who had it from new and brought it over from California. He worked at film studios there hence the Batman cover! 

And the £999 description:

T
    his cab was brought to London from Los Angeles years ago by a set designer who worked on the early Batman films where this apparently was used as a prop on set. This person also worked in Jim Henson's prop shop and came to London to work on one of his projects, bringing this cab with him. 

Of course, all of that new information could very well have come about from conversation. The work at Jim Henson's prop shop does nothing to the value of the cab but makes it for nice feel-good-provenance-hot-cocoa-sipping-comforting-goodness.

The middle bit, where 'this apparently was used as a prop on set' is the what hikes it up £950, and if it's true it is legitimately more valuable than your run-of-the-mill Jackson cabs. The problem is this 'apparently'. Either it was used or it was not used. If there is provenance, a screen-cap of the scene where it's used or other evidence, then it fair enough, otherwise it's just a lie used to increase perceived value.

Edited to reflect @HarrySeven ; 's point
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.