Beware - Essex Recording Studios overpriced content

What's Hot

Comments

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3454
    edited March 2020

I've just offered him a bag of pasta as a trade. 

I've offered some bog roll that was once used by Ozzy Osbourne, so you've no chance.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    NelsonP said:

I've offered some bog roll that was once used by Ozzy Osbourne, so you've no chance.
    Any response? I hear he gets particularly salty. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4071
    NelsonP said:

That'll come in handy with the pasta.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1432
    Philly_Q said:
    InactiveX said:
    InactiveX said:
    Strat54 said:
    Doesn't Nigel Pulsford own Vintage N Rare in Bath? Odd.

Is this a fact? I'd really like to know.
    That's easily verified:
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09199475/officers

Thanks.
    Interesting that he's Nigel Pulsford but it says Nigel Pulford.  Pretty dopey to spell someone's name wrong on Companies House.
    It must be a typo. Nigel Kenneth Pulsford is director of other companies, one of which is at the same address
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/s87zL0aCniRYOduoIQz7sAsZHs0/appointments
    I worked somewhere before where part of the job was confirming that clients were registered with Companies House. You would occasionally encounter typos which used to drive us f**king insane. Like Nigel Pulsford would turn up looking to be a client and we would say, no, I’m afraid not, we can only deal with Nigel Pulford ... 

Though seeing as he owns Vintage and Rare any guitar you buy off them used to belong to him ...
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Ever go to a guitar show in the States? Walk around with an old brown Gibson case and see what happens, you'll be lucky to make it to the front door on your way in before someone moves in on you.  Not just Gibson; "what's in the case, son?".

If you make it indoors it's a sharkfest, there's blood in the water. I remember seeing known respected dealers running to get to a punter before anyone else does.

Sellers should be aware if what they have is valuable.  If they haven't done their homework that's on them and they will be ripped a new one, but, that's not the same as being ripped off.

Dealers have been trying to buy as low as possible then trying to sell as high as possible since we've stood upright.  It's the way of things, and I've struggled to understand the anger in this thread.  

If you want a Bush related guitar and don't care about provenance, or interrogating every statement made by the seller, and are happy to pay x then that's your call.  It's not a con.

The only problem I have with any of this is any deceit, that's fraud.

• XbaxxxXbaxxx Frets: 41
    I can not believe someone buys a guitar from a company that has a returns policy like this, which is completely illegal within UK borders.

"Lastly, all instruments are owned and sold privately. This is an international website based in the United States of America, where I am from. My guitars come and go from all over the world and it is the United States that has domain over these sales from my web store regardless of where the item is photographed or stored. We all have agreed to the site's rules, terms and conditions. While you may live outside of America, it is this site's rules and Reverb.com's host country (USA) trade laws that govern sales and taxation on the site and take precedent over buyer's individual local laws, rules and regulations governing the sale of used goods. While the UK is still part of the European Union, there are no taxes/paperwork/customs duties for items shipped within the EU. I have titled this shop section after my recording studio in England, but again these items are sold privately and have no affiliation with Essex Recording Studios LTD . This means items are sold As-Is or As-Seen and all sales are final with no returns accepted for any reason. Make sure you really want the item before committing to buy it, because once you click Buy Now or make an offer and it is accepted...it is your item. I am a big believer in personal responsibility and accountability for your own choices and your own mistakes. When I make a mistake, I own up to it and take responsibility for it. It is a two way street and is the same deal for buyers. If you bought an item and change your mind about it later, just remember...you can always sell it yourself and get your money back"
    6reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4713
    Xbaxxx said:
    I can not believe someone buys a guitar from a company that has a returns policy like this, which is completely illegal within UK borders.

"Lastly, all instruments are owned and sold privately. This is an international website based in the United States of America, where I am from. My guitars come and go from all over the world and it is the United States that has domain over these sales from my web store regardless of where the item is photographed or stored. We all have agreed to the site's rules, terms and conditions. While you may live outside of America, it is this site's rules and Reverb.com's host country (USA) trade laws that govern sales and taxation on the site and take precedent over buyer's individual local laws, rules and regulations governing the sale of used goods. While the UK is still part of the European Union, there are no taxes/paperwork/customs duties for items shipped within the EU. I have titled this shop section after my recording studio in England, but again these items are sold privately and have no affiliation with Essex Recording Studios LTD . This means items are sold As-Is or As-Seen and all sales are final with no returns accepted for any reason. Make sure you really want the item before committing to buy it, because once you click Buy Now or make an offer and it is accepted...it is your item. I am a big believer in personal responsibility and accountability for your own choices and your own mistakes. When I make a mistake, I own up to it and take responsibility for it. It is a two way street and is the same deal for buyers. If you bought an item and change your mind about it later, just remember...you can always sell it yourself and get your money back"
    Not really how it works tho, he has made up his own T&Cs 

if he is selling on reverb it’s reverb t&c and not that crock of shite he has written 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • ten77guitarten77guitar Frets: 1174
    edited March 2020
    Xbaxxx said:

Not really how it works tho, he has made up his own T&Cs 

if he is selling on reverb it’s reverb t&c and not that crock of shite he has written 
    But no doubt he would try to fob off anyone who wanted to return something with this policy
    and hope they’re naive enough to accept it. So he clearly is dishonest.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    I'd like to think we have legal statutory rights that would flush this effluent where it belongs.
  • ten77guitarten77guitar Frets: 1174
    clarkefan said:
    I'd like to think we have legal statutory rights that would flush this effluent where it belongs.
    We do. He’s trying to trick buyers into thinking they don’t. Dishonest.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6310
    Xbaxxx said:

Bloody hell! My flabber is completely gasted. Tempts one to buy and return something just for the pleasure of grinding his gears. ;)
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7680
    "The store just happens to be named after my studio in Essex but the guitars are being sold privately so have nothing to do with the studio so you can't return them for any reason cos I'm not a business so you get no rights but you should definitely still buy them from me because all sales benefit bands through my studio in Essex which is a business but these guitars are nothing to do with that though even though all the photos are taken in the studio and anyway why don't you just sell it on yourself?"
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5670
    Xbaxxx said:

Hang on a minute, doesn't he say that the money from the guitar sales goes back into the Studio so that they can offer discounted recording sessions for up-and-coming bands?
    prlgmnr said:
    NelsonP said:

That'll come in handy with the pasta.

If I could find anywhere that sells the stuff. 
    edited March 2020
    I don't know how he gets away with it and is still trading. 

Maybe en masse reporting to trading standards? 
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2543
    Xbaxxx said:

Surely this hogwash must clash with Reverbs own Ts&Cs and is reportable to them somehow?
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8122
    “If you bought an item and change your mind about it later, just remember...you can always sell it yourself and get your money back"

At the comedy over-inflated prices he charges? 

Hmmmm...if you were dumb enough to overpay like that, there’s little chance a second mug would soon stroll along...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30355
    Blimey!
    His T&Cs are almost as imaginative as his tenuous artist associations bullshit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1514
    I've seen a lot of these bollocks T&Cs floating around on guitar seller websites. The Essex man T&Cs are probably the most egregious that I have seen and should, if anything, flag up the nature of the seller to anyone thinking of buying from him. There's an outfit called something like the Painted Guitar company that also have T&Cs that aren't remotely legal. Even the well respected Nacho tries to circumvent consumer EU laws by claiming that his guitars are "used merchandise" and, therefore, exempt from any kind of warranty.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30355
    You can't fight the United States of America.
    If you try you'll be abducted and transported to a Black Site for rendition.
    You've been warned.
This discussion has been closed.