Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Not using Anderton's again

What's Hot
robertyroberty Frets: 10932
Had a bit of a bad experience and wasn't able to sort it out in the end after several long phone calls. It's like they don't talk to each other. Shame but there is plenty of competition
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AdiAdi Frets: 331
    Should we officially add Andertons to the weekly moan list along with the ever-hated ebay?;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 992
    well thanks for sharing, that was most enlightening
    46reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think they're great and use them all the time.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    I think they're great and use them all the time.
    +1

Although I'm not saying that they're incapable of pissing me off, but they usually my first port of call

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10932
    edited October 2020
    Sorry just having a moan. They recommended a case to go with a guitar they sold me and offered a discount on the case. I didn't think it would fit so asked them to check before sending it. The guitar and the case arrived and the case didn't fit the guitar. After negotiating an exchange they called me back to say they would no longer honour the discount. So they messed up and wasted my time, and then they tried to grab some more money off me
    1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7727
    That’s a shame.  Was it a hefty discount?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cols said:
    That’s a shame.  Was it a hefty discount?
    The case was discounted by £35. In the end they wanted to reduce the discount by £15 to £20. This was after lots of miscommunication and wasted time on the phone. It's petty but I would just rather not deal with them at this point. The original order was for more than £1.5k
    1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My experiences with them have been good. There was even one occasion this year, where I bought something from them, where one of their suppliers sent them a batch of incorrect items. The staff, that I dealt with at Andertons, made every effort to sort things out and were very apologetic, even though they were not at fault. I received the correct item in the end  though the supplier in question was very slowing providing Andertons with a replacement batch.

Is there a reason why you didn't simply send the case back, and then seek out something more appropriate?? There seem to have been a number of similar Threads over the years where people have bought things, that either are not quite up to their expectation, or are a bit substandard. They haven't done the obvious of simply sending the item back straight away, and have wound up instead with variable amounts of aggro.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4904
    So maybe they could discount the first case but not the second.  Possible......
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6232
    I’ve always found them professional and helpful but I’d not be at all happy with this. It’s their mistake, on an issue they agreed to check before shipping. It’s not acceptable to leave the customer as the one out of pocket in time
    or money in this case. 

To me, the correct remedy would be to get the wrong case back and the new one out ASAP. Not try and take any extra money and offer a small store credit by way of apology. This sort of thing can happen even with all the best will but how a company responds is what we remember. It’s an opportunity to gain a loyal customer for life or lose one forever. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    dazzajl said:
    I’ve always found them professional and helpful but I’d not be at all happy with this. It’s their mistake, on an issue they agreed to check before shipping. It’s not acceptable to leave the customer as the one out of pocket in time
    or money in this case. 

To me, the correct remedy would be to get the wrong case back and the new one out ASAP. Not try and take any extra money and offer a small store credit by way of apology. This sort of thing can happen even with all the best will but how a company responds is what we remember. It’s an opportunity to gain a loyal customer for life or lose one forever. 
    That's my thinking.  If they had done a straight swap and put £5 on my account I'd be heading straight to them the next time I felt like dropping some cash

They offered a straight swap over the phone at first by way of apology, but then called me back and asked me to pay the full price for the new case which sort of tipped me over the edge to start this thread lol
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2413
    roberty said:
    dazzajl said:
    or money in this case. 

That's my thinking.  If they had done a straight swap and put £5 on my account I'd be heading straight to them the next time I felt like dropping some cash

They offered a straight swap over the phone at first by way of apology, but then called me back and asked me to pay the full price for the new case which sort of tipped me over the edge to start this thread lol

Yep, to them that small amount is nothing, but they have caused this thread and caused you to question them.
    roberty said:
    dazzajl said:
    or money in this case. 

Yep, to them that small amount is nothing, but they have caused this thread and caused you to question them.
    In fairness to the guy I dealt with on the phone who was as helpful as he could be, it was his manager who blocked the exchange and made him call me back for more money
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    "And remember, don't blame the staff, blame the management" - Ben Elton
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    rlw said:
    If that's true they should have offered to take back the case for a full refund (of the case's price of course).

If they did but the OP decided to opt for an exchange instead then he's got nothing to moan about - mistakes happen that cost a little bit of time - doesn't mean they need to discount anything else they have in stock.
  • I've always found Andertons to be the least shit of the lot. Slap PMT's customer service out of the park.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10072
    First port of call nowadays. Always been helpful and have resolved any issues (admittedly sometimes with a bit of prompting from me) satisfactorily.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    edited October 2020
    thegummy said:
    rlw said:
    If that's true they should have offered to take back the case for a full refund (of the case's price of course).

If they did but the OP decided to opt for an exchange instead then he's got nothing to moan about - mistakes happen that cost a little bit of time - doesn't mean they need to discount anything else they have in stock.
    The exchange was their idea. They offered to exchange it for no charge and then went back on themselves, we had agreed the exact exchange item on the phone. I am returning it now for a refund
  • I have always found Andertons to be consistently average. 
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom