Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Not using Anderton's again

What's Hot

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5636
    I have always found Andertons to be consistently average. 
    This is basically my experience. I’ve had a few things go wrong with them, which to their credit they sorted, but that really just shouldn’t have gone wrong in the first place. Most times I get what I ordered... but there have been issues more than once. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Surely Andertons sales person agreed a new verbal contract to rectify their mistake by supplying the correct case at the price as  originally ordered by the customer in good faith. Subsequently Andertons reneged on that new contract and demanded the right to increase the price for the correct case.

Andertons cockup, then Andertons giveth with one hand and then taketh away with the other. Hmmm... :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I reckon it was Chappers who declined your discount
    31reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 3037
    edited October 2020
    Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Andertons. I've never had any real issues with them, but they seem to straddle the line between massive online retailer and single local shop service, and perhaps not do it quite as well as some other retailers. Ironically I think the time I was least impressed with their service was when I visited the store to buy a Gibson.

A bit late now, but I'll always try to buy Reverends from Merchant City Music in Glasgow (guitar.co.uk). Last one I bought was from the final run of Tricky Gomez models: 40 guitars in four different finishes, with just 4 coming to the UK and all to Merchant City. They soon sold two, and as that left my favourite finish I had to give them a call. Given the scarcity of that model I was quite happy to get a free Gator case included in the deal. The two previous Reverends I bought from them were great deals, price-wise.
  • Can't bare the thought of my cash contributing towards production of those ugly Chapman guitars.!:-) 
    When it goes well it can be good, sometimes their prices are very good, however when it goes wrong they can be flippin' useless. Lee has his finger is so many pots I fear his eye is off the ball of the shop. GuitarGuitar Epsom are my current go to. 
  • teradaterada Frets: 5125
    Can't bare the thought of my cash contributing towards production of those ugly Chapman guitars.!:-) 
    When it goes well it can be good, sometimes their prices are very good, however when it goes wrong they can be flippin' useless. Lee has his finger is so many pots I fear his eye is off the ball of the shop. GuitarGuitar Epsom are my current go to. 

The best service I have had has been from GG Epsom.

Ended up buying the guys a box of beer they were so accommodating.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 805
    Make sure they're paying for the cost of return shipping. They provided a case that doesn't fit, so it's their responsibility.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5636
    I reckon it was Chappers who declined your discount

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Never bought much from them. Just wanted to say I had a great time at GG Birmingham, I was not expecting much, but the service was amazing. 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• MarchMarch Frets: 300
    I actively avoid Andertons. I've had a few dealings with them in the past and several have had me scratching my head. The worst being paying a sizeable deposit for goods they ended up being unable to supply. When I requested my deposit back, they started dragging things out and ended up asking for me to prove that the transaction had even been made by providing CC statements, this despite my having an account on their website with my order history, including the order in question and associated transaction details - I was requesting a refund to the card used for payment, so no major issues there either. In the end I requested the CC company issue a charge back - I just had zero truck with their shinanigans.
    0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    roberty said:
    thegummy said:
    rlw said:
    So maybe they could discount the first case but not the second.  Possible......
    If that's true they should have offered to take back the case for a full refund (of the case's price of course).

If they did but the OP decided to opt for an exchange instead then he's got nothing to moan about - mistakes happen that cost a little bit of time - doesn't mean they need to discount anything else they have in stock.
    The exchange was their idea. They offered to exchange it for no charge and then went back on themselves, we had agreed the exact exchange item on the phone. I am returning it now for a refund
    That's a different story then, that really is ridiculous for them to go back on it.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    March said:
    I actively avoid Andertons. I've had a few dealings with them in the past and several have had me scratching my head. The worst being paying a sizeable deposit for goods they ended up being unable to supply. When I requested my deposit back, they started dragging things out and ended up asking for me to prove that the transaction had even been made by providing CC statements, this despite my having an account on their website with my order history, including the order in question and associated transaction details - I was requesting a refund to the card used for payment, so no major issues there either. In the end I requested the CC company issue a charge back - I just had zero truck with their shinanigans.
    That's really bad IMO.

A lot of complaints about companies are about a mistake happening and then how the company deals with the mistake but the mistake here was with taking the deposit but I can't see how anything innocent could be behind the credit card statements thing - how could they possibly not know the order came through when it's logged on your account?

I can't even think what their goal with the messing around was though - would a company that size ever benefit from delaying a refund that they'd have to give eventually? A small company might need the money in the short term and pull something like that off but I'd be surprised if a company that size were relying on stealing credit from you. Surely they can't have thought there would be any chance you'd just leave it to save the hassle (assuming it wasn't a very low amount).

Any idea what their motive might have been?
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    thegummy said:
    March said:
    That's really bad IMO.

Any idea what their motive might have been?
    Megalomania?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10932
    thegummy said:
    roberty said:
    thegummy said:
    rlw said:
    So maybe they could discount the first case but not the second.  Possible......
    If that's true they should have offered to take back the case for a full refund (of the case's price of course).

If they did but the OP decided to opt for an exchange instead then he's got nothing to moan about - mistakes happen that cost a little bit of time - doesn't mean they need to discount anything else they have in stock.
    The exchange was their idea. They offered to exchange it for no charge and then went back on themselves, we had agreed the exact exchange item on the phone. I am returning it now for a refund
    That's a different story then, that really is ridiculous for them to go back on it.
    The new case they wanted to sell me isn't even in stock until at least early November (they are expecting delays). I'm thinking "right, this is really crap service"
    March said:
    I had this experience with Bax. Also Toto energy who took possession of the wrong meter for an entire year lol
    Bigsby said:
    Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Andertons. I've never had any real issues with them, but they seem to straddle the line between massive online retailer and single local shop service, and perhaps not do it quite as well as some other retailers. Ironically I think the time I was least impressed with their service was when I visited the store to buy a Gibson.

A bit late now, but I'll always try to buy Reverends from Merchant City Music in Glasgow (guitar.co.uk). Last one I bought was from the final run of Tricky Gomez models: 40 guitars in four different finishes, with just 4 coming to the UK and all to Merchant City. They soon sold two, and as that left my favourite finish I had to give them a call. Given the scarcity of that model I was quite happy to get a free Gator case included in the deal. The two previous Reverends I bought from them were great deals, price-wise.
    The new case is coming from merchant 
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2413
    Andertons are just box shifters with a big online presence. 
  • MarchMarch Frets: 300
    @thegummy Geuinely, I have no idea. The cynic in me believes that they just wanted to hold onto the money. The fact that the refund was going on to the card used to pay the deposit reduced their exposure to potential fraud vectors, which is largely why I ended up going down the charge back route, ultimately they end up picking up the cost of the chargeback and get an 'FU' delivered in the process.
  • It dismays me to see this as I have always found them very good to deal with 
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3457
    I reckon it was Chappers who declined your discount
    I quite like Chappers...
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom