Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The best feel good TV series you’ve seen?

What's Hot

Comments

• This Is Us.

Still on now, and I urge you to watch it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Quantum Leap, Oh Boy!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • At the risk of lowering the tone, Scooby Doo (What's new Scooby Doo in particular) has always been my go-to feel good show. Super formulaic, fun little mystery to solve and the bad guy always gets caught at the end.

Going more high brow you can't go wrong with Porridge, getting one over on Mackay was always a good laugh..for me Porridge is memories of sitting there eating fish and chips with my grandad as watched Fletch do his thing.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10278

Got to mention Mortimer and Whitehouse : Gone Fishing. Wonderful programme.

Very funny and extremely touching at times. 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuego said:
    based on this thread just started watching The Good Place, only 5 mins in, but 1st impressions are very good.
    The Good Place is an astounding piece of television. 

Its short, easy to watch, funny, light hearted, and yet manages to be touching and make you question some fundamentals about life and ethics.

PS if you haven't watched it yet do so without reading too much about it. There's genuine spoilers. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7424
    Quantum Leap, Oh Boy!
    great memories of that - particularly the episode where he thought he'd done what he needed to but didn't jump, then he told a young boy that his song about his piggy called Sue would be better as a song called "Peggy Sue"....   ha 
    Red ones are better. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    I just watch Friends, it’s like an old friend.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • This Is Us.

Great shout! Pretty sad and hard to watch at times, but ultimately very life affirming.

I'd give a shout out to Ricky Gervais's After Life. Pretty heart-breaking a lot of the time, but contains some genuine belly laughs and ultimately one of the most uplifting and "feel good" series I've watched.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72389
    Cheers

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    Big Fan of the UK comedy series that was a bit like our version of Friends: Coupling

Utterly superbly written and pretty consistently funny

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Toms_DadToms_Dad Frets: 170
    There used to be a great strand of Sunday evening TV which was like that. A few I remember would be:
    Monarch of the Glen, Hamish Macbeth, Lovejoy and Pie in the Sky. Plus the aforementioned Jeeves and Wooster of course.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    This Is Us.

Great shout! Pretty sad and hard to watch at times, but ultimately very life affirming.

I'd give a shout out to Ricky Gervais's After Life. Pretty heart-breaking a lot of the time, but contains some genuine belly laughs and ultimately one of the most uplifting and "feel good" series I've watched.
    I’ve seen a clip of that After Life, I’m not a fan of Ricky Gervais but what he says to that ginger kid in the playground made me chortle!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    Oh I’ve just remembered a comedy I used to watch and rather enjoy, I think it was called Game on? It had a rather perky Samantha Janus in it before she went all “Eastenders”. I’m sure it was about an agoraphobic guy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • yockyyocky Frets: 809
    I was just reading through some of these thinking, are these really feel-good candidates?......before remembering that my feel good TV program of choice for quite a while was Dexter.

Pays your money.....
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    This Is Us.

Regardless of what people feel about Gervais After Life is gemuily one of the most well acted, well written, heart felt TV I've ever seen, and as you said some real British humour in there. 
  • zepp76 said:
    Oh I’ve just remembered a comedy I used to watch and rather enjoy, I think it was called Game on? It had a rather perky Samantha Janus in it before she went all “Eastenders”. I’m sure it was about an agoraphobic guy.
    Yes. Janus and the ginger guy and the agoraphobic guy then second series he got replaced? 
    Long, long time since I saw those. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    edited November 2020
    some from my younger years where

The Dukes of Hazard

Highway to Heaven

Battle star Galatica

the life and times of Grizzly Adams. I still love the theme tune from this one

now I like to watch Columbo

edit also add tales from the unexpected

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited November 2020
    axisus said:
    Another feelgood show for me is The Goldbergs. There's always a 'life problem' that gets sorted to satisfaction by the end.

It's good spotting the the actors from the 80s.
    The woodwork teacher is the kurgan from highlander and, I think, the science teacher is mahoney from police academy? Plus lots of cameos.
  • Quantum Leap, Oh Boy!
    Yes, that was a classic.
    It's not a competition.
    Oh man, another one remembered from my youth. The littlest hobo! There’s a voice that keeps on calling me, down the road that’s where I’ll always be!