The TV Thread

What's Hot
1727374757678»

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12767
    Have finished the final season of the umbrella academy, what a great series to wrap it up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10769
    munckee said:
    Have finished the final season of the umbrella academy, what a great series to wrap it up.  

Glad to hear season four is back on form. I thought season one and two were great, but three was a bit of a disappointment. We've just started watching from the start again in anticipation of watching the final season so at least I know I've got a good one to watch after getting through three again.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2767
    It's one of the few things I think should have been longer - the other seasons were ten episodes each, this one is only six (I assume the Netflix accountancy division had a word), and I think it would have benefited from giving some things a bit more time to sink in - when it gets going it's very much one thing after another. All the important beats are there, but they're piling up on top of each other. 

Also, it amazes me that Aidan Gallagher, who plays Five, is twenty years old, and was fifteen or sixteen when he shot the first season. 
  • Finally got around to finishing off 'The Marvelous Mrs Maisel' on Amazon Prime. Started it during lockdown when I had a free trial of Prime and have then watched a series every 6-12 months or so as I wanted to savour it and not just binge it.

Bloody brilliant series - bitingly funny, touching and wonderfully shot and put together. The ending was one of the best and most fitting I've seen to a long-running show. Thoroughly recommended.

9/10
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6477
    Not a TV show, but a salutary lesson for all of us who don't read the small print on the Ts and Cs when rushing to sign up for TV streaming: if you sign up to Disney+ and you forego the right to sue them. For anything. Forever. Yes, including a wrongful death case!

https://www.pcmag.com/news/disney-signing-up-for-disney-plus-means-you-cant-sue-us-for-anything

And this was more or less foreseen by one of Charlie Brooker's Black Mirror episodes.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24815
    goldtop said:
    Not a TV show, but a salutary lesson for all of us who don't read the small print on the Ts and Cs when rushing to sign up for TV streaming: if you sign up to Disney+ and you forego the right to sue them. For anything. Forever. Yes, including a wrongful death case!

https://www.pcmag.com/news/disney-signing-up-for-disney-plus-means-you-cant-sue-us-for-anything

And this was more or less foreseen by one of Charlie Brooker's Black Mirror episodes.
    That's insane.  I'm never going to a Disney theme park and risking the rides... or the food.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12767
    munckee said:

Glad to hear season four is back on form. I thought season one and two were great, but three was a bit of a disappointment. We've just started watching from the start again in anticipation of watching the final season so at least I know I've got a good one to watch after getting through three again.

I may be a lone wolf here, my daughter and her friends didn’t like it, I thought it was possibly the best series apart from maybe 1. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7986
    Not sure why I missed this initially but have been working my way through seasons 1-3 of For All Mankind on Apple.  It's brilliant TV - well shot, great science fiction, tense and gripping storylines - I'm loving it.   Will start Season 4 later and will be caught up in a couple of weeks ready for Season 5 next year.
    FAM is soooooo good. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7986
    Watched the first episode of the TV reboot of Time Bandits. I was obsessed with the film as a teen - must have watched my VHS recording of it 50 times. 

This new version lacks a LOT of the charm of the original (so far) but there are some funny moments and the main character (the child) is fantastic as is Lisa Kudrow - without those 2 it would seem a bit am dram. 
    Red ones are better.