GAK vs. Andertons

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10226
    I'm not the biggest fan of the Andertons channels (apart from Jack who does the synth demos) but all the Saville charity stuff... It's getting a bit mental in here if you ask me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11451
    edited April 2021
    I'm not the biggest fan of the Andertons channels (apart from Jack who does the synth demos) but all the Saville charity stuff... It's getting a bit mental in here if you ask me. 

If we are being charitable, we could put it down to them being locked down too long and losing all perspective.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    HAL9000 said:
    Used Andertons a few times and they’ve always been great. Like many others here I don’t get the bashing.
    @HAL9000 ;;
    The bashing is mostly due to this:  
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSNxIry_FPFcQDFRbi3VOAw/community?lb=Ugw1kxo3Hq0qEFVKFCV4AaABCQ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26608
    crunchman said:

If we are being charitable
    Careful there, that's what triggered it...
    <space for hire>
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    edited April 2021
    duotone said:
    HAL9000 said:
    Used Andertons a few times and they’ve always been great. Like many others here I don’t get the bashing.
    @HAL9000 ;;;;
    The bashing is mostly due to this:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSNxIry_FPFcQDFRbi3VOAw/community?lb=Ugw1kxo3Hq0qEFVKFCV4AaABCQ
    Nope... the Andertons bashing has been going on for a lot longer than that has been around...

the Andertons bashing is basically down to folk who feel entitled and get butt hurt if their delivery isn’t with them five minutes after they hit buy... or their money isn’t refunded the instant they ask for a refund when they’ve taken full advantage of the distance selling bollocks just to try a guitar at home... or because the relic guitar they bought has a scratch on it that doesn’t fit the template used by the guitar company... or because they didn’t get a big enough discount or a free set of strings etc etc etc etc and fucking etc...

it’s tiresome to keep having these threads pop up all over the forum... and yep, I know I don’t have to read the threads (they are hard to ignore tho’) which leads me onto:

The Andertons pay per view YouTube... don’t watch it... no one is forcing you... same with shipping with Andertons... no one is forcing you to spend your money with them... 

but for the love of Hendrix and all that the guitar gods represent.... stop fucking whining about Andertons...

also, whoever compared Lee to Jimi saville should really be booted from the forum IMO... what a crass and idiotic statement to make!...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 19reaction image Wisdom
  • Johnw84Johnw84 Frets: 55
    I've only ordered a couple of things from them but I've had good experiences. One of the items was used but went out of stock. They refunded instantly and communicated all the way.

I quite like the YouTube channel. I've got to admit that I preferred the videos with "chappers" and I kind of feel like it was another typical YouTube witch hunt that blew some mistakes of his out of proportion (or I missed more details from the story). I wouldn't pay for the channel but I wouldn't pay extra for any YouTube content.

They've probably made some mistakes along the way but everyone does. I find the glut of other YouTube content that gains popularity far more offensive. Pure clickbait trash. If they start posting along the lines of.... "We tried the new Gibson and you won't believe what happened"..... I'd be seriously put off. Every comment I've read on the paid service seems critical but it doesn't offend me. If they start holding back material for the premium service they'll lose viewers. I'd imagine that's worth more to them than a few subscriptions. They'll do what makes them the most money though. 

I'm terms of other shops, I tend to order most from guitar guitar and they've always been fast and well packed. The only problem I had was resolved quickly and with a very friendly phone call. The online chat is generally helpful too. I feel like the majority of shops nowadays are and if you can't wait a few days for a guitar then that's perhaps a bit unreasonable (unless you've specifically paid for next day etc). 

Anyway, the more guitar shops the better. Can't wait to get back to browsing guitars in the flesh! 

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    @digitalscream an idea!!!

could we not have a “retailers” area of the forum which is behind closed doors so that folk can bitch or praise away as they see fit? It would:

1) keep these sort of threads popping up every. couple of days in the main forum.
    2) stop the threads being viewed by non members and in turn stop non members thinking the forum is just full of entitled twats :) .
    3) prevent retailers names coming up alongside famous kiddy fiddlers.
    4) possibly give the retailers a chance to respond.
    5) give the butthurts a place to vent!...
    6) keep these sort of threads popping up every couple of days in the main forum!...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9543
    poopot said:
    duotone said:
    HAL9000 said:
    @HAL9000 ;;;;
    The bashing is mostly due to this:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSNxIry_FPFcQDFRbi3VOAw/community?lb=Ugw1kxo3Hq0qEFVKFCV4AaABCQ
    Nope... the Andertons bashing has been going on for a lot longer than that has been around...

the Andertons bashing is basically down to folk who feel entitled and get butt hurt if their delivery isn’t with them five minutes after they hit buy... or their money isn’t refunded the instant they ask for a refund when they’ve taken full advantage of the distance selling bollocks just to try a guitar at home... or because the relic guitar they bought has a scratch on it that doesn’t fit the template used by the guitar company... or because they didn’t get a big enough discount or a free set of strings etc etc etc etc and fucking etc...

it’s tiresome to keep having these threads pop up all over the forum... and yep, I know I don’t have to read the threads (they are hard to ignore tho’) which leads me onto:

The Andertons pay per view YouTube... don’t watch it... no one is forcing you... same with shipping with Andertons... no one is forcing you to spend your money with them... 

but for the love of Hendrix and all that the guitar gods represent.... stop fucking whining about Andertons...

also, whoever compared Lee to Jimi saville should really be booted from the forum IMO... what a crass and idiotic statement to make!...
    Great post mate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11776
    poopot said:

4) possibly give the retailers a chance to respond.

Unfortunately given he was compared to a monster for some absurd reason, I doubt Lee Anderton's opinion of the forum has gone up in the last few days.

There is a fair chance he has read this thread as some of us know and some posters here really should bear in mind.

Maybe if people considered if they wouldnt walk into the store and say it to his face they shouldn't say it at all it might help.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    I unsubscribed Andertons YouTube channel a long time ago (Chappers and Captain acting like Top Gear was tedious). I believe they had talking of charging for content back then to cover costs of making the videos (the secret would have been more selective about what and how much was made).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    I ordered my Boss pedal through Andertons...
    I unsubscribed Andertons YouTube channel a long time ago (Chappers and Captain acting like Top Gear was tedious). I believe they had talking of charging for content back then to cover costs of making the videos (the secret would have been more selective about what and how much was made).
    For what it's worth, I get the impression that the paid-for content would be somewhat different - essentially to allow them to do TPS-style content, rather than stuff designed to sell gear.
    <space for hire>
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    edited April 2021
    For what it's worth, I get the impression that the paid-for content would be somewhat different - essentially to allow them to do TPS-style content, rather than stuff designed to sell gear.
    Do you think they’ll have the balls to potentially create enemies though with “bad”/negative reviews, even if they are behind a paywall? They tread so lightly at the moment after a few things blew up in their faces...
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5382
    Whitecat said:
    Do you think they’ll have the balls to potentially create enemies though with “bad”/negative reviews, even if they are behind a paywall? They tread so lightly at the moment after a few things blew up in their faces...

If it's along TPS lines then they can just choose to do the gear they like. TPS are unapologetic that they don't put out reviews of things they don't like or that they think are crap, for some pretty good reasons: no-one wants an hour of "Well, this is shit isn't it?" and it's also not of any interest to them; they want to talk about stuff they want to talk about.

I'd imagine Andertons would do the same, and simply duck something they thought was rubbish.
    Whitecat said:
    What @Snags said. There's a wealth of material between "Selling stuff" and "This is shit". I'd imagine it could include tutorials, rig rundown-type stuff, even explorations of gear that the shop doesn't sell - these are all things that they'd never be able to justify spending money on making under normal circumstances.
    <space for hire>
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4170
    I went off Anderton's entirely after they let Mason from Vertex effects take the piss out of them and then made excuses on his behalf.

I've used GAK a few times in the past and had service varying from good to indifferent.

Merchant City Music in Glasgow are my shop of choice for new gear but they're not as big as the bigger boys so depends if they stock what you want. 
    I’ve had stuff from merchant city before, very helpful, also had no probs and lots of help from andertons and GAK . I must admit to be thinking about peach when I save up for another guitar , I like the presentation of the photos on site and options to look at different ones , plus they seem to be highly thought of. Guitar guitar have serialised pics of various guitar models too if you want to make sure you get one you like the look of ,although I find the interface not so good for viewing 
    Well Andertons screwed my delivery. Negative 1 for them. 
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1648
    Dammit. I'd literally just put my pitchfork away.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11776
    Fuck you all, seriously.

I've now got

"who's been messing up everything, it's been Andertons all along..."

stuck in my head.  Only just shifted it.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Dan_Halen said:
    Dammit. I'd literally just put my pitchfork away.
    I bought a synth. Asked for Saturday delivery. They didn't do it now I've got to wait till BLOODY MONDAY. THE WORLD IS GONNA END I CANT PLAY WITH MY TOY. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.