GAK vs. Andertons

What's Hot
Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 9830
On Sunday afternoon I placed two online orders, one with GAK and one with Andertons.

Both items were in stock, the shops were of course closed for Easter but both promised free delivery.  Yesterday, 6 April, I received emails from both GAK and Andertons saying the items had been dispatched and would be delivered today.

The GAK parcel arrived this morning.  The Andertons parcel has not arrived.

So there you have it, definitive proof - GAK are great and Andertons are shit.

Or.... DPD are great and.... DPD are shit.  :(

11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 7334
    Which one was the chicken and which one was the egg?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Rocky1991Rocky1991 Frets: 102
    DPD just sacked there CEO after an internal investigation. Think they have bigger problems haha
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 9830
    edited April 7
    Which one was the chicken and which one was the egg?
    Good question.... I don't know.
  • elkayelkay Frets: 42
    Andertons have also recently become pricier than most others.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 9273
    edited April 7
    I will also use GAK over andertons.

I will keep my derogatory opinions about Lee Anderton to a minimum but I really do question that man's moral compass when he is trying to charge people to watch is product adverts on YouTube. Greed is not a good thing

Typo fixed!!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • CoffeeAndTVCoffeeAndTV Frets: 4
    elkay said:
    Andertons have also recently become pricier than most others.
    You’ll need to join their Anderson’s Plus or whatever it is.  ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 739
    GAK have always sent stuff out same day and delivered the next. Andertons advertise stuff on their site but when you order its somehow out of stock when they've taken your money. I have bought 3 guitars from Andertons but those were in the store. And I've bought 1 acoustic from GAK also in store. For online orders though I'll go with GAK.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 23276

I will keep my derogatory opinions about Lee Anderton to a minimum but I really do question that man's morale compass when he is trying to charge people to watch is product adverts on YouTube. Greed is not a good thing
    I suspect his morale is pretty high at the moment
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    edited April 7

I will keep my derogatory opinions about Lee Anderton to a minimum but I really do question that man's morale compass when he is trying to charge people to watch is product adverts on YouTube. Greed is not a good thing
    May have missed something, but are you referring to YouTube and ad revenue? 
    Rocky1991 said:

It was a cheap quip at @meltedbuzzbox ’s typo of moral compass as morale compass. That’s all
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • GassageGassage Frets: 25291
    edited April 7
    I'd rather shit in my own hands and clap than use Anderton's.

I really despise them.

Donald Trump has spoken movingly about 7-Eleven. It reminded him, he said, of the way Americans came together in 1941 after Pearl Necklace.

5reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Rocky1991 said:

It was a cheap quip at @meltedbuzzbox ’s typo of moral compass as morale compass. That’s all
    No worries! Very good 
    Can someone elaborate on this andertons hate? Personally I would choose them over gak based on my own dealings
    Gassage said:

I really despise them.
    You are Mudcrutch and ICM £5
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 2175

He’s a business man and unlike me, he’s very good at it. The goal is to make money and to do that, he needs folk at large to spend it. If he gets people to subscribe to watch the videos he produces, hats off to him
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • NeillNeill Frets: 618
    As regards price, surely everyone price matches these days.  If you really want to patronise Andertons I'm sure they will meet any (genuine) price that GAK or anyone else is charging.

Personally I only use GAK as in all the years I've bought stuff from them I have never had a single issue.  I also would be very wary of ordering an item that Andertons claim is in stock, if GAK haven't got it.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 1601
    Always had great service with online orders from GAK. Never bought in store from them though. 

Andertons have been fine but better service in store.

don’t get me started on GuitarGuitar’s online service... 
  • geetarguy85geetarguy85 Frets: 35
    I am also perplexed as to why there seems to be such a hatred of Anderson’s round here? I haven’t got any personal experience of buying from them so can’t weigh in, but I’m also not aware of anything they/Lee has done that is morally wrong?
    Stevepage said:
    Always had great service with online orders from GAK. Never bought in store from them though. 

Buying at GAK in person is one of life’s little pleasures I’d recommend. Mostly because afterwards you can wander round the lanes and get a beer in a quirky pub.. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    I am also perplexed as to why there seems to be such a hatred of Anderson’s round here? I haven’t got any personal experience of buying from them so can’t weigh in, but I’m also not aware of anything they/Lee has done that is morally wrong?
    There was a bit of outrage recently when they announced they were starting a subscription channel on YouTube where you paid to access their back catalogue of videos advertising the products they sell....
    2reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 3076
    edited April 7
    I've always used Andertons and used their price match to get a good deal. However, these days they seem to have the highest prices, no visible price match link, and a lot of stock "Preorder".  Did something change?
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 7334
    Philtre said:
    I've always used Andertons and used their price match to get a good deal. However, these days they seem to have the highest prices, no visible price match link, and a lot of stock "Preorder".  Did something change?
    Pandemic happened.  Supply and demand.

Shops don’t really need to price match these days, getting stock is a win and it will sell.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 6145
    Gassage said:

I really despise them.
    I’d subscribe to the YouTube channel you post that on!!!!!

do it!... ffs do it!!!!
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1481
    Gassage said:

I really despise them.
    They speak highly of you!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Philtre said:
    Pandemic happened.  Supply and demand.

Shops don’t really need to price match these days, getting stock is a win and it will sell.
    Yep. You should try buying IT equipment in bulk at the moment after the government bought 1 million laptops and handed them out. Then add in the Suez backlog, factory closures due to Covid and a plethora of other delays...
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 2401
    I've used both this year. Both times I've had issues with new products and both times I've been dealt with fairly and swiftly.

The Andertons one was for something under £100 yet they replaced it (twice) at their cost and on overnight delivery. The first swap was an exchange at my front door, actually. The courier gave me the replacement as he took the faulty unit away.

For GAK, the product was £450ish. They don't do doorstep swaps. They did a collect, test immediately and ship the replacement out the same day for overnight delivery.

All free-of-charge by both. No complaints from me. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 1633
    Used GAK a few times, no complaints.

Used Andertons once, poor experience on a few levels.

So would use GAK.

I may have just been unlucky with Andertons, but you know what they say, fool me once shame on you...
    “Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature made them.”
    ― Bertrand Russell

There was a bit of outrage recently when they announced they were starting a subscription channel on YouTube where you paid to access their back catalogue of videos advertising the products they sell....
    Just read the thread, hopefully the same reasoning prevails that stopped them making a limited edition Miku. 

Rocky1991 said:
    Just read the thread, hopefully the same reasoning prevails that stopped them making a limited edition Miku. 

You should see the comments on their YouTube video announcing it....

If Gassage had put his shit on a sandwich it would have gone down better... 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • randellarandella Frets: 2719
    Stevepage said:

Buying at GAK in person is one of life’s little pleasures I’d recommend. Mostly because afterwards you can wander round the lanes and get a beer in a quirky pub.. 
    The one time I did walk past GAK's front door I'd been out with old mates the night before for too much beer in several quirky pubs. That and I was already cutting it fine for a train, otherwise a look at some guitars and a cheeky hair of the dog might have been just the thing.
This discussion has been closed.