What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207

Accidently watched Armageddon last night (just happened to be starting on BBC3 as I sat down) so I thought I'd give it a go.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha....

I may be slightly behind the curve here, but WFT....my 5 year old could have picked holes in that film.

NASA use it during training so they can find all the inaccuracies.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • After Earth - Pretty bad really. Some of the visuals were pretty good but it wasn't particularly ambitious and there seemed to be big chunks of movie missing at the start.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12534
    Gravity. The 3D worked well. Ludicrous but enjoyable storyline.
  • vizviz Frets: 10780
    BlueWolf said:
    Last cinema film was World War Z. Not bad, not what I really expected but good anyway. Watched Paranormal Activity last night which was dreadful. Im planning to see The Conjuring very soon :-)

saw world war z last night. Couldn't really see the point of it after I Am Legend. But it was ok, particularly the WHO scene.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Just back from seeing Gravity.  I was very impressed.  OK if you pick it apart their are holes but thats the same for any film.  It looks stunning and is very well done.

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    thumpingrug said: Just back from seeing Gravity.  I was very impressed.  OK if you pick it apart their are holes but thats the same for any film.  It looks stunning and is very well done. But is it one of those films that you want to pull apart while watching? Or does it keep you entertained enough that the "why did they do X when Y?" after the film?

A good film can be so full of holes it would look like a colander, but if the film is entertain  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12534
    Nah, it's entertaining enough to watch through without any thought, it's afterwards when you think " WTF? that could never happen in a million years"
  • There was no time during the film to think about the inconsistencies, to much going on.  It was only after that we spotted elements where artistic licence had been applied.  The visuals and weightlessness are incredible and whilst I saw the 2d version i imagine in 3D it works very well. 

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10442
    Just watched The black swan on channel 4.Who would have thought a film about ballerinas could be so engrossing.Natalie Portman is absolutely spellbinding.Only ever seen her in the Star Wars trilogy before so to see her acting her socks off made the film even better.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Just watched The black swan on channel 4.Who would have thought a film about ballerinas could be so engrossing.Natalie Portman is absolutely spellbinding.Only ever seen her in the Star Wars trilogy before so to see her acting her socks off made the film even better.

You've never seen Leon? That makes me sad inside
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10442
    Sorry Myrander I have seen Leon but it was that long ago I forgot she was in it.Have to catch up with it again.Just thought she was a pretty face and that was it but on second thoughts even Meryl Streep would struggle to make the dialogue in the Star Wars films sound anywhere near convincing.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • Just watched The black swan on channel 4.Who would have thought a film about ballerinas could be so engrossing.Natalie Portman is absolutely spellbinding.Only ever seen her in the Star Wars trilogy before so to see her acting her socks off made the film even better.

Try Closer

or  V for Vendetta

• Watched the live action 'Where's Wally' that is Zero Dark Thirty.  Very much like The Hurt Locker it was a drama played out very well.  My only criticism was that the ending was fairly predictable.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    'Human Traffic' - a lot more light-hearted than I'd expected it to be (thought it was more of a Trainspotting-type thing), actually quite enjoyed it. And seeing Andrew Lincoln and Danny Dyer looking about twelve was consistently entertaining. 
  • I watched Gravity last night. Very entertaining and great visuals. As some as said, a bit of artistic licence, but it is a science fiction film, not a documentary. Edge of the seat stuff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thor 2 - Very disappointing. Lots of English people running around...a bunch of aliens...strange space/time anomalies...

They might as well have given Hemsworth a long old scarf and a flying police box.

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    I saw Gravity too,good film :) Someone threw up in the screening before ours though. Quite nauseating ;) But a great film nonetheless.
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    We're The Millers

Not bad, not brilliant either. Some funny moments and it killed 90 minutes or so. Jennifer Aniston still hot.
    All practice and no theory
  • Monsters University. Meh 5/10

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73157
    Monsters University. Meh 5/10
    +1. Far too many American college in-jokes for British kids too. The first less than at least good film Pixar have made I think.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein