What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    dafuzz said:
    We're The Millers

Not bad, not brilliant either. Some funny moments and it killed 90 minutes or so. Jennifer Aniston still hot.
    I was jealous when the kid from Son of Rambow was snogging her and Emma Roberts.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cube 6/10

A bunch of people trapped in a cube prison thingy that's trying to kill them. Low budget scifi horror, which usually bodes well, but crap script and obvious conclusion spoilt it.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    Monsters University.     good, but not as good as the first one
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24897
    Cube 6/10

A bunch of people trapped in a cube prison thingy that's trying to kill them. Low budget scifi horror, which usually bodes well, but crap script and obvious conclusion spoilt it.
    Watch the others. Cube 2 is ok - but the 3rd is actually a prequel.... outside of the cube.

Actually ignore 2 and just watch the prequel.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12534
    Dinocroc Vs Supergator. Only caught the last 15 minutes but that was all that was required.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4262
    edited November 2013
    John Carter... pretty damn dull. I can see why it got slated, but I can't see why it cost so much to make?!
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited November 2013

Watched Iron Man 3 with me boys. 

What really struck me about the film is that Tony Stark is working on Iron Man suit MK42.  Now he's only had three previous films(Avengers included) and assuming he develops new suits based of experience and user limitations I have concluded that most of the challenges Iron Man faces are probably quite mundane (like doing the Christmas shopping, tax returns, prostate exams etc) and are not worthy of a film in their own right. 

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, v good, and Gangster Squad, v good in a completely different way.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207

What really struck me about the film is that Tony Stark is working on Iron Man suit MK42.  Now he's only had three previous films(Avengers included) and assuming he develops new suits based of experience and user limitations I have concluded that most of the challenges Iron Man faces are probably quite mundane (like doing the Christmas shopping, tax returns, prostate exams etc) and are not worthy of a film in their own right. 

The point is that he was making new suits as a distraction, rather than facing his anxiety.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    'Crash' (the mid-2000s Matt Dillon / Sandra Bullock one) - I seemed to remember seeing this before but must've not been paying attention. Actually very good, and I might have got something in my eye in the Iranian's scene with the gun (if you've seen it, you know the one). 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrew;90567" said:
    randomhandclaps said:

Watched Iron Man 3 with me boys.  What really struck me about the film is that Tony Stark is working on Iron Man suit MK42.  Now he's only had three previous films(Avengers included) and assuming he develops new suits based of experience and user limitations I have concluded that most of the challenges Iron Man faces are probably quite mundane (like doing the Christmas shopping, tax returns, prostate exams etc) and are not worthy of a film in their own right. 

The point is that he was making new suits as a distraction, rather than facing his anxiety.
    Yup. Also they were all the ones in the big fight at the end.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • vizviz Frets: 10780
    ICBM said:
    Monsters University. Meh 5/10
    +1

So 6/10 you're saying?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IanSavage said:
    'Crash' (the mid-2000s Matt Dillon / Sandra Bullock one) - I seemed to remember seeing this before but must've not been paying attention. Actually very good, and I might have got something in my eye in the Iranian's scene with the gun (if you've seen it, you know the one). 
    I am a huge fan of intertwined story films with Crash being up there as one of my faves and yes I am with you on the locksmiths scene.. also the section when Bird York's - In The Deep is playing.. very moving
  • Just watched Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs Brilliant. 10/10 for a kids film. Very funny, Simon Pegg was excellent.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10619

Clear History

Larry David plays his usual Curb your enthusiasm  character. Great film if you like the normal show 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9855
    Parkland - about the aftermath of the JFK assassination. Very good.

The Debt - Helen Mirren as a Mossad agent hunting a Nazi war criminal. Goodish but have seen better.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • holnrew said:

That makes sense as Christmas shopping, tax returns and prostate exams can all cause anxiety. :D
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • The Grey - 7/10, Far better than I expected, but the last half wasn't quite as good as the first. An enjoyable romp though.
  • supessupes Frets: 189
    Olympus has Fallen - suprisingly i liked it, proper action from start to finish. 7/10
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    'Equilibrium' - initially had some interesting ideas (I thought there might be some kind of Nazi 'doing-it-because-we-were-told-to' type parallels, maybe linked in with an Orwellian 'utopian/dystopian' conflict), descended into sub-Matrix gun/sword/karate battle shite. Worse than Inception. All the worse because it could have been so much better.

And Sean Bean dies.