What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12899
    Flags of our Fathers. Part of a Clint Eastwood boxset that we've just got round to watching. Some epic battles scenes of the taking of Iwo Jima, but the whole film is oddly disjointed. I ended up not giving a toss about any of the lead characters either. Overall, a bit meh.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7716
    Just seen The Raid 1 and 2. Absolutely amazing. I'd noticed the first one on Netflix for ages but was never in the mood to watch a film with subtitles. How silly of me.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4386
    DefaultM said:
    Just seen The Raid 1 and 2. Absolutely amazing. I'd noticed the first one on Netflix for ages but was never in the mood to watch a film with subtitles. How silly of me.
    I can't bring myself to watch them, they wrote the script after the Dredd one leaked and then released the film before Dredd so that the latter ended up looking like a copy to the unknowing audience. Now we don't (yet) have a sequel to one of the best films of the last couple of decades. :(

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7716
    Didn't know it happened like that, but I did finish the first one and think "that was like Dredd but twice as good", so that would explain it.
  • fatherjackfatherjack Frets: 180
    DefaultM said:
    Didn't know it happened like that, but I did finish the first one and think "that was like Dredd but twice as good", so that would explain it.
    I think you're confusing 'twice' with 'half'.
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 3027
    Watched looper yesterday, twas ok

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16475
    Toy Story 3, thought it was pretty good. Pixar know how to churn out that kind of stuff, well crafted story etc.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited April 2014
    VimFuego said:
    Toy Story 3, thought it was pretty good. Pixar know how to churn out that kind of stuff, well crafted story etc.

You could have just admitted that you shed a tear at the end, Vim.

Watched World War Z and thought it was a fairly decent couple of hours.  Then watched Oblivion, not expecting much and was not surprised.  Felt like the writers had borrowed a couple of outlines from other Sci Fi classics and then forgot to actually input any solid reasoning or storyline.  I also watched Deadfall.  Not terrible but not worth going out of your way to see.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16475
    I just had something in my eye, ok!!!

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    I watched a part of "Despicable Me" the other day. It made me want to see the rest of it.

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4468
    I thought Oblivion was awful. WWZ was excellent.
    I'm going to watch Spiderman 3 in a skin-tight suit tonight (guess which part is fiction).
    chillidoggy;217774" said:
    I watched a part of "Despicable Me" the other day. It made me want to see the rest of it.
    Definitely watch it, it's really good.

• snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    Wall-E.

Still good 
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    snakemanStoo;217955" said:
    Wall-E.

Still good 
    We just watched it too. Great film, one of the best Pixar has done IMO. Bit of a shame when the humans appear though, goes downhill a bit from there.

• I'm going to watch Spiderman 3 in a skin-tight suit tonight (guess which part is fiction).
    Well we know Spiderman 3 is fiction so I guess that makes the skin-tight suit a dead cert.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25557
    It's a brilliant film. I would have bought it even if I didn't have kids.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25557
    Watched "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire"

I'm aware these are basically a, err tribute, to Battle Royale but I'm quite enjoying them.

Not brilliant films by any stretch and Jennifer Lawrence is really quite Keanu like in her facial expression (singular), but the rest of the cast is excellent. Stanley Tucci hams it up perfectly. He should be in it more.

I wouldn't give it more than a 7/10 but I'm looking forward to the next ones.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'd give Jennifer Lawrence one.
    My V key is broken
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4468
    I thought the new Spiderman was aaaawesome!!! BUT Jesus, do they really need to do the Green Goblin AGAIN!?
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3413
    edited April 2014

I thought the Tommy Cooper drama last night, "Not like that like this" was very good. I hope David Threlfall gets some sort of award for it.

As an aside, I actually got to see TC live as he was on the bill, along with Jools Holland and The Millionaires, Wolfie Smith (Robert Lindsay) when The Police played their big tent gig on Tooting Bec Common in December 1980. TC was promoting a really naff song and got booed off, spat on and had coins thrown at him. Whoever thought that would be a good idea??? -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO-wUBwGzYw