What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12899
    fretmeister;189233" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

I watched a bit of Sharknado the other day. I was wondering what the hell I was looking at and looked it up on IMDb and found this review:

It started out as some drug dealing people or something, I wasn't really paying attention, and the Asian guy was like pew pew, and the other guy was like pew pew, and the sharks were like nm nm, and the crewmen were like AAAAAAAAAAAH! Then the sharks came on land and were like om nm nm!! And they were eating everyone and this reporter got eaten by a flying shark and then BAM! SHARK TORNADO! Oh yea, a bartender lady killed a shark with a cue stick somehow. And the sharks were flying and eating stuff and this guy got eaten but chainsawed his way out and VRRRRRM! He found some lady in there and they dropped bombs in the tornado cause yo lo and stuff. The shotgunned flying sharks, it was the best movie. Ever. I recommend it to everyone ever.

Remarkably accurate. If you have read that you now have no need ( despite the recomendation in the last line) to ever watch it. And, let's face it, even if you didn't read thatyou still probably have no need to watch it.

Don't you worry - it's coming back

"The Second One" was the winner of a competition to find the strap line!

:D
    Awesome! >:D<
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12899
    Fargo. As superb as I remembered. :)
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 3027
    Had a bit of film weekend

Only Lovers left Alive - very arty vampire movie.  Lots of guitars through.  
    World war Z.  Better than i was expecting
    Enders Game, thought the film was ok, but was blown away by the book 25 years ago, so it was always going to be a disappointment  

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10890
    Need For Speed with my two sons.
    Great film if you're thirteen.
    I'm not thirteen.
    On the plus side it does feature the jaw droppingly pretty Imogen Poots.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • tonyrathtonyrath Frets: 51

Grand Hotel Budapest very funny bitter sweet film - some great acting performances. Only Lovers Left Alive Tilda Swinton and Tom Hiddlestone do their thing at great length and with no plot to speak of, reminding me of hippy types I used to know in the 60s and 70s 
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Hunger Games Catching Fire. I liked it 8/10.
    Kick Ass 2 - not as good a sequel as Catching Fire.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 283
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier - rather good actually, dark and twisty.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    I see that 'Prometheus 2" is being filmed soon.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25557
    oh god no.

Second Helping Of Shit for table 2!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319

'Event Horizon' - unfortunately I'm closer to the opinion of @guitargeek62 than that of @randomhandclaps, very much unimpressed, especially with such a promising cast.

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4385
    oh god no.

Second Helping Of Shit for table 2!
    Well it was devised as a trilogy, and it made a shitload of cash, so...!
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4385
    End of Watch - pretty damn good I must say. The banter between the leads seemed really natural (and was mostly improv btw) and even though the ending was predictable, it still hit home very well. Probably the best cop film I've seen since The Departed - 8.5/10 

Escape Plan - Stallone & Arnie finally make a (full) movie together, the result was very entertaining! Lot's of names chucked in too who I didn't realise were in it. A decent popcorn flick - 7/10

Sabotage - another Stallone film. Absolute crap though, avoid. - 3/10
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    Yup, I think Event Horizon's shite, too. Still think 'Solaris' is one of my favourite Sci-Fi films.

• GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4198
    I thought Pacific Rim was shit too. I love a good bit of sci-fi hokum, but Pacific Rim couldn't even obey it's own stupid rules. There's a good film to be made about monsters vs giant robots - but the script was way too dumb. I'd have hoped for so much better from that director.

Today I went to see Captain America: The Winter Solider. I really enjoyed it. A very interesting film - something of a stylistic shift for a Marvel film. Yes you got the usual SFX set pieces - but the rest of the film had a grittier Bourne feel to it. Good ensemble piece too - not just a Captain America film. It also leaves the Marvel universe at something of a crossroads, lots of big changes happen here and it's going to be really interesting to see where the next films go.

• FazerFazer Frets: 488
    under the skin - a surreal, creepy and mesmerising horror/art film that really does get under your skin. i'm going to have to go and see it again and also get the novel
    the soundtrack is outstanding

(cinema was really shit though - wonky screen and lights blazing in your face)

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Knights of Badassdom, stupid, but Summer Glau's arse.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Well it was devised as a trilogy, and it made a shitload of cash, so...!
    Well, yes - the love of money is the root of all shit films.

Watched "Captain Phillips" this evening. Rnjoyable isn't the right word, but it was very good.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    I thought Pacific Rim was shit too. I love a good bit of sci-fi hokum, but Pacific Rim couldn't even obey it's own stupid rules. There's a good film to be made about monsters vs giant robots - but the script was way too dumb. I'd have hoped for so much better from that director.

Today I went to see Captain America: The Winter Solider. I really enjoyed it. A very interesting film - something of a stylistic shift for a Marvel film. Yes you got the usual SFX set pieces - but the rest of the film had a grittier Bourne feel to it. Good ensemble piece too - not just a Captain America film. It also leaves the Marvel universe at something of a crossroads, lots of big changes happen here and it's going to be really interesting to see where the next films go.
    You have to wonder... a director as good as Del Torro and it's a film about giant robots punching giant monsters... it should have been impossible to make a bad movie... and yet.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2496
    OldBoy - amazing film. Completely blew my mind!
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Grand Budapest Hotel, it was lovely