What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• 300: Rise of an Empire. Worth the entry fee I'd say. Saw it it in IMAX 3D which I'd not experienced before, so that was good.

Predictable and formulaic, but an enjoyable swords and sandals romp as long as you don't expect more than you know what you're going to get.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    Haven't been to the cinema this week, nothing of interest (well budapest hotel is the exception, but no convenient showings for me). Watched Behind the Candelabra, really enjoyed it. Worth a watch if you get the chance, imho.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5916
    IF

1968 Starring Malcolm MacDowell

Quite a thought provoking film.

IF?

HAS?

MAYBE!
  • Handsome_Chris;182274" said:
    I have just watched the 2002 remake of dystopian sci-fi classic Rollerball.  Where to start on this one.  It is absolutely awful. The lead role of Jonathan Cross, played by Chris Klein (you may have seen him in American Pie) is a bargain bin Keanu Reeves.  There is nothing about his character that made me care about what happened to him. His acting is flippin' awful too.  He makes a very unlikely action hero: In fact he doesn't make an action hero, unlikely or not.

There were a lot of action scene pasted together and the plot was not so much thin as emaciated.  

Jean Reno is in it and I like him.  That is about as much as praise as this film is going to get from me.

In summary: Thrash metal, dangerous sports, violence, not very intellectually challenging, oh and Slipknot are in it.
    the original is a real favourite of mine but I only made it 15 minutes into the remake.

Chris Klein is not half the actor James Caan is.  You saved yourself 1 hour and 23 minutes of just awfulness. 
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 565
    edited March 2014
    Sanctum. - complete crock of shite. Looked nice as you would expect from James Cameron but acting was dire.

The Incredible Hulk - I think this one was supposed to kick off the Avengers,Stark Industries story but made no sense what so ever.Shame really as it could have been quite good. Ed Norton did a pretty good job as the Hulk.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    /\ You forgot to mention the plot. Well, I say plot, I'm not sure there was one, except maybe some father/son bonding thing going on. Utter cobblers, and a waste of my time.

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16475
    that was the other hulk. The Ed Norton one is not too bad, if you like that kind of thing (I'm a bit of a sucker for superhero films).

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 565
    /\ You forgot to mention the plot. Well, I say plot, I'm not sure there was one, except maybe some father/son bonding thing going on. Utter cobblers, and a waste of my time.
    "utter cobblers" sums it up perfectly!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25557
    VimFuego said:
    that was the other hulk. The Ed Norton one is not too bad, if you like that kind of thing (I'm a bit of a sucker for superhero films).

The Ed Norton was one was ok, but I'm glad he didn't get the Avengers gig. Mark Ruffalo was the best bit in the Avengers.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10072
    Withnail and I. Haven't seen it in years but still hilariously funny in parts.

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. Enjoyable enough. Kristin Scott-Thomas as the press officer is excellent.

Despicable Me. One of the funniest animated films I've seen.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Bad Grandpa, the kid was great, but I felt a bit bad about the people being deceived. Although you see them being let in on it after.
    My V key is broken
  • MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 283

Bought Pacific Rim today, pretty good brain-off action romp. Loved the fact they called the monsters kaiju, made me look forward to Godzilla even more (#pleasedon'tberubbishlikethe1998movie).

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2934
    Attack the block.

Took a chance on this but was mega suprised , very good uk made film. :)

Trust Bruv........
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    HAL9000 said:
    Withnail and I. Haven't seen it in years but still hilariously funny in parts.
    I still have flashbacks from doing the drinking game; one of my company was enough of a twat to do the lighter fluid part *cough*...
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    Saw Grand Budapest, thought it was okay, wasn't blown away by it. I feel they've shown the best bits in the trailers. Still good waste of a few hours, maybe the new gilliam flick tomorrow. Transcendence looks really good though, looking forward to that.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10072
    Saw the new Gilliam film, The Zero Theorem, yesterday afternoon. Set in a future with parallels to the world we live in, Christolph Waltz plays a man in a pointless job, in his little corporate cubicle, believing something better is out there somewhere. Trouble is he spends so much time in front of the computer that he's become pretty much disconnected from the real world. Visually stunning and some great ideas, and possibly up there with the likes of Brazil and Time Bandits. Ultimately though it just doesn't have the scope of those two films, but still enjoyable enough.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • KerpunkKerpunk Frets: 75
    I watched Margin Call. It's pretty good.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Philomena, very moving. 

Who knew the Catholic Church could be capable of such terrible things?
    My V key is broken
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FazerFazer Frets: 488
    the life and death of colonel blimp - roger livesey is great
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12899
    Limitless. Last night on the box. Not bad at all.