What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    frankus said:
    Watched Predator with my eldest last night...

now I have the fucking tune rattling around my head...

deeedeeeeeeedeeedeeedaaa

par papa pah paaarr

:( better than I remembered 8/10
    I watched that, must have Saturday night as I flicked over to the football after (then got bored and went to bed)

Haven't seen it in years but I remembered it really well (I loved it as a kid, Arnie movies were so cool when I was growing up, first saw it on VHS round a mates house when I was about 13.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Horatio_CaineHoratio_Caine Frets: 34
    edited June 2014
    Latest for me X Men Days Of Future Past.  Didn't know what to expect but I really enjoyed it, I was pleasantly surprised that Patrick Stewart had more screen time than I thought.  Always like watching Patrick Stewart acting.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Latest for me X Men Days Of Future Past.  Didn't know what to expect but I really enjoyed it, I was pleasantly surprised that Patrick Stewart had more screen time than I thought.  Always like watching Patrick Stewart acting.
    I like his cameos on Family Guy better ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • I forgot about those, he's great in them too!  I only just remembered not long ago he was in that quite old episode of The Simpsons with the Stonecutters, I might have to catch that again sometime.  He had a cameo in a more recent episode but I've not seen that one yet.
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 3027
    edited June 2014
    So as i said in another thread.  neighbours where having some sort of party at the weekend and we weren't invited,  It was loud and at one point they had a religious type, praising God very vocally over a PA, so picked the least objectionable film at the local multiplex and ended up seeing the latest Tom Cruise Sci-fi thing,  The Edge of Tomorrow.  Ill give it 6/10 as it was OK.   

Got home and this weeks Sky film was The Heat.  Shit on a stick, that was bad,

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12902
    The Sandra Bullock one? It's not that bad IMO.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 3027
    boogieman said:
    The Sandra Bullock one? It's not that bad IMO.
    Yep that one.  Had seen the trailer last year and was looking forward to a good comedy.  The laughs simply didn't come.

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    A Million Ways to Die in the West - Stupid, immature, ridiculous and fucking hilarious.

Gravity - Meh

How I Live Now - not bad for a teen film.

In the right thread this time.
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Grand Budapest Hotel.  Charming, one of the best films I've seen for a long time.  

Also, I Saw The Devil.  Not as good as I'd hoped, but a good film nonetheless.  Better than your average film at least, pretty tense.  
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    ThePrettyDamned said:  

Also, I Saw The Devil.  Not as good as I'd hoped...  
    *chortle*
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28748
    Oculus 7/10
    Good horror thingy. Slightly predictable towards the end but clever enough in the first half. A good mix of jumpy stuff and psychological bits to creep out both me and MrsF, which is impressive too. Also Karen Gillan, which is never bad, weird US accent or not :)

Sound City 10/10

Just brilliant. No surprise DG has got a documentary series off the back of it. Absolutely brilliant.

As an aside, I love how Trent Reznor says "I don't sit down and think "this should resolve to a suspended... I don't think of that shit. Subconsiously I just know it.". That's something a lot guitarists don't realise, I think.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Bad Neighbours, I enjoyed it. Rose McGowan is lovely.

Need For Speeed, exactly what I expected. Good, stupid fun. Imogen Poots is a goddess.
    My V key is broken
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10890
    Agreed Holm. I saw Need For Speed at the cinema with my boys and the only thing I took away from it is how jaw droppingly pretty Imogen Poots is.

Watched Fargo the other night.Enjoyed the TV series but had never seen the film.
    Totally bonkers but highly enjoyable.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12902
    The film version of Fargo is superb. As for totally bonkers, isn't it based on a true story?
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    edited July 2014
    Lone Survivor - I've not seen Blackhawk Down but if it's anything like this I soon will be.

There are some "epic leaps" in the film which would be a lot funnier if they cut back to the fall afterwards and it was like 9 feet or something.

I'd give it a 9.5/10
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16666
    boogieman said:
    The film version of Fargo is superb. As for totally bonkers, isn't it based on a true story?

No. This got raised on the Fargo TV series Discussion ( I think the TV series says something like Based on Real Life Events) but that's just part of the fiction. B-)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74484
    I watched "The Keep" last night. I'd never seen it all before, last time it was on I gave up after an hour because it was starting to get crap.

It gets worse.

A contender for one of the worst films I've ever seen - badly-made nonsense, with terrible dialogue and acting, a jumbled plot and laughably un-special effects. The only remotely decent part is the first bit, the general air of fear is done quite well.

Even the Tangerine Dream soundtrack couldn't save it, partly because it sounds like the original tape has stretched a bit in places.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    frankus said:
    Lone Survivor - I've not seen Blackhawk Down but if it's anything like this I soon will be.

There are some "epic leaps" in the film which would be a lot funnier if they cut back to the fall afterwards and it was like 9 feet or something.

I'd give it a 9.5/10
    Black Hawk Down isn't really anything like Lone Survivor, but it's still a great film. 

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 11014
    Bad Neighbours

Young couple with a baby buy a house in a nice area
    Then a next door turns into a 24 hour partying Frat house

Completely stupid film full of adult humour and ludicrous situations but does contain a couple of laughs 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    I've not been to the cinema since Godzilla, nothing out that I wanted to see. This week.....hmm the new Transformers film and the Dawn of the Apes. I know Transformers is going to be dogshit, tempted not to go. Particularly put off by the 245 minute running time. And the fact it's another Bay film.

I have been watching a few documentaries, I saw Bobby Fischer against the world. About a prodigal chess master. Always been fascinated on the nature of genius, what makes the truly exceptional tick. Would recommend

Currently watching A Fantastic fear of everything, its pretty crap.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.