What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16666
    Jennifer Lawrence weekend. I would like to be watching football but we are watching House at the End of the Street, I think. Bollocks. Hunger Games last night. Less bollocks.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Bad Words, Jason Thingamy from Arrested Development enters spelling bee competition and befriends and Indian kid. 7/10, decent.
    My V key is broken
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    .........Transformers 4: Age of Exhaustion...........dear lord. I knew it was going to be bad. But by god. Far too long (went in at 10.30am and came out at 1.30pm!!) and I suffered from sensory overload at various points. Plot holes you could drive a car through and filled with leering shots of young women. Makes the recent Godzilla film look like Dial M For Murder. I have seen all of the others, I was a huge Transformers fan growing up. And part of me wants to rekindle some of that magic. I know they are crap, but part of me hopes something will shine.

It's like Angel Delight, part of me fondly remembers it. But in the cold light of day....its all chemicals and bullshit.

Just finished watching Punch Drunk Love, a much better film.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTap said:
    It's like Angel Delight, part of me fondly remembers it. But in the cold light of day....its all chemicals and bullshit.

You sir, have just ruined my childhood! ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    DrJazzTap said:

Crap special effects though.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10890
    Just watched the new version of Carrie.
    Ok but nowhere near as good as the original.Cute actress playing the lead but didn't empathise with her in the way I did with Cissy Spacek.Also typical of modern remakes it's all a bit over the top wheRe more subtlety used to suffice.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    DrJazzTap said:
    .........Transformers 4: Age of Exhaustion...........dear lord. I knew it was going to be bad. But by god. Far too long (went in at 10.30am and came out at 1.30pm!!) and I suffered from sensory overload at various points. Plot holes you could drive a car through and filled with leering shots of young women. Makes the recent Godzilla film look like Dial M For Murder. I have seen all of the others, I was a huge Transformers fan growing up. And part of me wants to rekindle some of that magic. I know they are crap, but part of me hopes something will shine.

I've just seen Transformers 4.
    totally loved it
    so much smashing up
    awesome...
    play every note as if it were your first
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74484
    Just back from (finally!) taking the kids to see Maleficent.

Very good. Really quite dark and complex from the point of view of the target audience (pre-teenage really), and Disney has managed to do the atmosphere of the fairy world very well. Plot… yes, a bit shaky in places, but being constrained by having to fit in with the Sleeping Beauty story and yet be less simplistic must have been a challenge.

Angelina Jolie is surprisingly good - I'm not normally much of a fan - but Sam Riley steals it. Worst bit is the horrendous Scottish-ish accents :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 283
    Finally watched Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. Wish I'd left it in the case.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16312

watched 2 tonite and gave my guitar the nite off........

Audition and Inglorious Bastirts

1st film I have watched which I liked BP in...OTT redneck

I am a big fan of extreme Asian cinema......deeper deeper deeper....:)

tae be or not tae be
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 565
    Transformers 4 

Not going to win any oscars but enjoyable nonsense.

Looking forward to Planet of the apes. The trailer with the two guys drinking beer and the not so stupid monkey strolling in really freaked me out! 
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Disney Pixars - Planes - with my youngest... what I didn't realise at the time is that the two F14 Tomcats Bravo and Echo are played by IceMan and Goose :D nice touch..

a good fast paced film and he liked it :)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    bobblehat said:
    Transformers 4 

Looking forward to Planet of the apes. The trailer with the two guys drinking beer and the not so stupid monkey strolling in really freaked me out! 

looking forward to Jupiter Rising
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Clarky said:
    bobblehat said:
    Transformers 4 

Not Jupiter Ascending?
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • Watched Moon again, still brilliant.
    Watched some of The Counsellor but gave up through boredom. Terrible script didn't help.
    Lone Survivor and Robocop were both enjoyable. 
    Really looking forward to TMNT and Dawn of the Rising Planet of the Talking Apes that Talk and Fight and Stuff. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Amazing Spider Man 2. Not great, but not as bad as I expected. I'm currently watching They Came Together. Pretty funny, but only if you like David Wain films.
    My V key is broken
    frankus said:
    Clarky said:
    bobblehat said:
    Transformers 4 

Not Jupiter Ascending?
    ahh yeah… that's the one… I could only remember it by the trailer…
    looks awesome..
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319

Attempted both 'Last Stand' and 'Expendables 2' in the quest for a decent 'switch-brain-off' film after a long day, gave up on both after about ten minutes (I think my tolerance for shit scripting is dropping rapidly).

Eventually went with 'Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters' which I actually quite enjoyed, in a 'big and silly' kind of way.

• bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 565
    IanSavage said:

Eventually went with 'Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters' which I actually quite enjoyed, in a 'big and silly' kind of way.

Me too , much better than you would ever imagine.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16666
    We're doing the free Netflix month thing again. TBH I think it's a bit shite ( well, very good for free but I wouldn't pay for it). The rest of theWeary family watched The Tall Man on Netflix last night which they all got a bit bored with. But Hansel and Gretel is on there so I shall try to watch that before the month is up, big and silly sounds good.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.