What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Danny1969 said:
    Locke :

The whole film is Tom Hardy in his car, talking on his phone. Strangely enjoyable as a film and as there's nothing to see it would work as an audio book too

Yeah I saw that and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Baffled as to why he had a Welsh accent though.
    All practice and no theory
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16666
    boogieman;309126" said:
    Saw the new Planet of the Apes too. The CGI is incredible, probably the best I've ever seen: it barely registers that you're not watching real monkeys. The film is way too long though, needs some decent editing to cut the filler scenes out.

Rewatched the last one. I think it's a very good film. Slightly worried the new one will be mostly CGI cleverness and no plot.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1143
    i watched the new planet of the apes too, the comments about the effects are true, it's the first time i've been genuinely blown away by GCI since Jurassic Park - and i usually hate GCI.

It drags on a bit and loses a bit of pace at the end, but for a modern summer movie it's very good

i watched "End Of Watch" last night too, about to LA cops, very gritty, but good

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10890
    Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters.Enjoyable nonsense with some excellent comedy violence.

And its got Gemma Arterton in it which is reason enough to watch it.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • FazerFazer Frets: 488
    ^ end of watch is very good
    im lookig forward to the directors new film should be out in november, ww2 flim called fury
    you may remember some kerfuffle in the papers last year as they were filming the battles scenes in some english villages on remembrance day last year

any way, watched 'joe' ...... jeez, i know its my own fault as it has nic cage in it, but it was pretty bloody irritating and interminable

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    dafuzz said:
    Danny1969 said:
    Locke :

The whole film is Tom Hardy in his car, talking on his phone. Strangely enjoyable as a film and as there's nothing to see it would work as an audio book too

Yeah I saw that and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Baffled as to why he had a Welsh accent though.
    I want to see this.

I met Tom Hardy the other day.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12902
    EricTheWeary;309414" said:

Rewatched the last one. I think it's a very good film. Slightly worried the new one will be mostly CGI cleverness and no plot.

Oh it has plot. Just not enough of it. Still worth seeing I reckon.
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6545
    Dean Spanley (was on BBC Iplayer) - very daft premise but superb acting meant that it didn't matter. The first time Sam Neill does his character's schtick was almost enough to make me watch something else, but glad I persevered. Must have been one of Peter O'Toole's last roles; he was fantastic in it. 7/10

The "100 Year Old Man who...etc" I was really looking forward to this one, but the character isn't likeable enough and the whimsical violence and predictable character development became a bit too slap-sticky. Disappointed. 5/10
  • fatherjackfatherjack Frets: 180
    Just got back from watching Guardians of the Galaxy - jolly good fun, 8/10.
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    Saw guardians yesterday, really enjoyed it. Even as a hulk fan I preferred it to the avengers movies
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • Saw Guardians of the Galaxy yesterday. Was good fun but not amazing - some of the cinematography in the action sequences wasn't well handled, the bad guy was rubbish, some poor exposition dialogue - but still plenty of laughs, some good action and it was definitely better than many of the other Marvel films. My favourite character was Groot - he had some of the best line(s).

Still think Captain America: The Winter Solider is the best Marvel film, followed by The Avengers. But GotG definitely worth a trip to the cinema.

• this film is one of my all time faves.joan jett is fantastic in it   :D

i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Frozen Ground.
    Nicolas Cage in not totally shit movie shocker.
    We watched that on ye olde Netflix the other night, quite good seeing John Cusack being a bit menacing. 
  • Might watch Guardians of the Galaxy tonight!
    Last film was The Prisoner which I thought was excellent!
    The Hunger Games Catching Fire. Disappointing as a documentary about Bob Marley.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4468
    edited August 2014
    WOW!! Guardians of the Galaxy was EXCELLENT!! 
    The music was great, the dialogue was absolutely excellent, it had a sort of Fifth Element cult feel to it. Best film I've seen in ages (and I recently saw the new Planet of the Apes film). 
    Absolutely astounding - had a really good time watching it and would pay to see it again! 

I see this film "Boyhood" is getting great reviews - will have to check it out. 
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'm seeing GotG on Tuesday, half price then see.
    My V key is broken
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74489
    How To Train Your Dragon 2

I wasn't expecting it to be as good as the first one - since sequels rarely are. I was both right and wrong… it's better :).

There are some brilliant steals from other movies (both animated and live action) and some humour that adults will enjoy, as well as stunning animation, both spectacular and detailed. The plot isn't even bad considering it has to be a kids' story that ends well.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28749
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier 8.5/10

Watched on a plane on Friday. Really enjoyed it. Good plot, decent action and a good script.

Very much looking forward to Avengers 2 and GOTG when that hits the UAE.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Anchorman 2. Why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why...Steve Miller on the end credits :) and some of the rest of the soundtrack was fine but otherwise... why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom