What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• Hell Comes to Frogtown. One of those "it's so bad it's good" movies :D

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This Is The End - Seth Rogen and pals playing themselves as the Apocalypse hits LA.

Unremitting shite - 0/10.

You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10890
    Another thumbs up for Guardians Of The Galaxy.Brilliant and lol funny.

Displayed my inner geek when I boasted to Mrs B how I spotted the Millennium Bridge in London in one of the scenes.

She was SO impressed.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • FazerFazer Frets: 488
    demon seed, its not great story telling but any 1970s sf is great, even the bad ones

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10072
    edited September 2014
    Saw 'Lucy' this afternoon. I didn't hold out a lot of hope for it and the plot is ridiculous. But... very enjoyable, visually stunning, and I was entertained, (and it starred the lovely Scarlett Johansson). 8/10.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Watched "The Double" last night.

Not bad but not good either.

As expected does not compare to the book :)

• Watched Treacle Jr (2010) on the box last this morning. 

Anyone who has been on the streets, even fro a few days, will shudder.  Although it was supposed to be an upbeat ending, went to bed thoroughly depressed, all too real about everything.  Really had to work hard to switch my brain off to wake up happy again.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • The Guest - it had the potential to be quite a good film, but it felt as if some things were rushed towards the end which left it being a little bit ordinary. 6.5/10, when it could have been 8.
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
  • Watched the life of Brian for the first time in ages (10 years). It is still soooooooo relevant today.
  • 'Gravity.' Thought it was pretty good, if a little short on plot, or storyline. George Clooney plays his usual, confident bastard, part.

'Riddick.' Effectively a remake of 'Pitch Black', but if you like Vin, then it's good viewing.

"Now You See Me.' Pretty good magic/illusion/mega con story. Recommended if only because I think Isla 
    Fisher is top totty. Morgan Freeman is as good as ever, Michael Caine is so-so, but Woody Harrelson played a good part.

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16475
    Man on a ledge, I quite liked the premise, but too many holes in the plot. give it a meh out of whoooop.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25106
    Films I will be watching soon.....  I've just done my bookings for the London Film Festival next month.  Always a stressful process as their website hovers on the brink of imploding.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Pride, very very good. Some cringey moments, obvious signposting and typical British film formula, but a great cast and fabulous story more than make up for it.

Bill Nighy is particularly good.
    My V key is broken
  • Xmen DOFP

Still brilliant. Probably better the second time through. Best X-men movie by miles. Must read the comic now :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10890
    Watched House At The End Of The Street on Netflix.

Avoid at all cost unless you're struggling to get to sleep.

Jennifer Lawrence in a tight vest is its one saving grace.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Calvary (not cavalry as myself and several others have read it as previously). 

Equally brilliant with hints of comedy and F***KING misserable! We're talking borderline wrist-cuttingly sad. Brendan Gleeson is as always, brilliant. The scenery and pace is just right for setting the mood.

Don't watch if you're wanting a happy film.
  • Divergent. For people ( and by people I mean 13 year old girls) who can't wait for the next Hunger Games film.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Captain America Winter Soldier - good stuff. Better than the first cap film. Robert Redford is looking old though!

Man Of Steel. Bit too Nolanish, but still a lot better than expected. Actually looking forward to the Superman v Batfleck movie now.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• Defiance. James Bond, Billy Elliot and Wolverine's brother take on the nazis.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10
    Really very good. A simple combination of Tom Cruise getting killed loads of times and Emily Blunt. What's not to love?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires