What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• just watched in the mouth of madness also (a john carpenter film).

his third in the apocalypse trilogy  (the first 2 being the thing and prince of darkness).

good film :-)
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10072
    The Book Thief. Had its moments, but not many of them. Disappointing.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140

"The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly."

Superb!

• also watched the ward and now the fog (original film),also by john carpenter.

the ward was ok,but the fog is a bloody masterpiece of ghost story/chiller film making.

better than halloween imho.

i haven't watched any films for a while but now watched 4-5 in a row today. john carpenter is a legend.  
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier & X:Men -DoFP. 

Both excellent, excellent films. 

Scar-Jo = RAWR. 

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Begin Again - actually good. Quite sweet really and Keira can sing.

21 & 22 Jump Street - hd seen 21 before, but it stood up well to a second viewing. 22 is more of the same, which is a good thing. It's somehow even more self aware.

Sex Tape - Cameron Diaz sideboob, but still a bit not great. Watched it with my mum which wasn't at all awkward (it was)
    My V key is broken
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Edge of Tomorrow.

Nonsense but highly enjoyable nonsense!
    Due to plane travel recently I've now seen edge of tomorrow about two and a half times, which is sort of appropriate. Good fun and some clever moments.
    Grand Budapest Hotel, finally saw this too, enjoyable and some nice filmic refernces and comic moments.
    And X-Men First Class and DoFP. In reverse order. Enjoyed DoFP, though not much on plot, First Class was just a bit too cartoonish in nature.
  • Gone girl. Bloomin brilliant, and weirded me out in a way similar to se7en. Same director I think, good film.

Need a good horror type film for Halloweeny stuff now.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140

'Need for Speed'.

A far-fetched and wasted couple of hours of my life. I couldn't even get excited about the cars. Avoid.

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10890
    Agreed @chillidoggy

Hated the way the characters burned around,running other drivers off the road like drunk boy racers and we were still meant to feel sympathy for them when one of their crew gets killed.

I felt it glamourised idiot drivers.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2492
    It Might Get Loud

Documentary where Jimmy Page, Jack White and The Edge get together for some unknown reason, probably about guitars I'd guess.

Dips into the back story of their lives and what's drives them. A lot of respect for Jimmy and Jack but in the parts where they talk to each other and have a jam The Edge looks a bit lost at times. Jack Whites a very honest player, uses battered old guitars and pulls something out of them, Jimmy Page looks like he's going to hump his guitar whenever he plays and The Edge plugs in every effect, pedal, rack and computer to make a simple riff sound better. Nothing new or groundbreaking but worth a watch
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• Watched Walking With Dinosaurs The Movie with the kids.  I like how they presented some info for the kids although some bits were wholly inaccurate.  It's set in North America so all the dinosaurs had American accents.  I said to the boys "That's bollocks.  The American accent is a mongrel language evolved as a result of mass immigration following Europeans discovering and settling the Americas.  Back then dinosaurs would have spoken with a native American Indian accent."  - Fucking piss poor researchers.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fury - superb!
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Lets Be Cops - Good fun. Silly and a bit predictable, but funny and perfect brain off fun.
    My V key is broken
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25567
    Indestructible naked hero gets sent back in time by an old dude to help his younger self save the world from a shape shifting baddie!

Terminator 2.... No! X-Men Days of Future Past.

Dinklage = Trask = Miles Dyson.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2189

Watched the Hunger Games 1 & 2 at the weekend.

Meh

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• Big Ass Spider

It's absolute shite, but it knows it and has some fun along the way.  If you've got Amazon Instant Video and the paint's already dried, it'll while away 80 minutes.
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16667
    Footloose. Never seen it before. Certainly has it's moments.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Mr Turner. Despite starring the excellent Timothy Spall, and at the risk of being branded a philistine, I would seriously recommend not wasting two miserable hours of your lives on this.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16475
    cockneys versus zombies. Despite having cockney family, I found myself rooting for the undead. They lost :(

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom