What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    edited November 2014
    Something Star Trekkie?...in fact "Star Trek the Motion Picture"
    That's very good, yes.

And your prize is: my admiration (and a Wow) :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Hertz32 said:
    Battle Royale - 8.5/10
    The hunger games concept, but Japanese and WAY MORE FUCKING BRUTAL

Do you know what they call The Hunger Games in Paris?

Battle Royale with cheese

All practice and no theory
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446

Drew_fx said:
    Hertz32 said:
    The Grey - 6/10 
    Liam Neeson plays a depressed hunter-type in a plane crash. I enjoyed it but i can see how some might find it boring. 

The Silence Of The Lambs - 9/10 
    A classic for a reason, one of my favourite films now. Great psychological thriller that is oddly captivating. 

Battle Royale - 8.5/10
    The hunger games concept, but Japanese and WAY MORE FUCKING BRUTAL @Drew_FX might enjoy it actually. 
    Thoroughly enjoyable.

Oldboy (Original Japanese) - 8/10
    Long, and difficult to watch but worth the effort. Freaky in all the right places.

JFYI, Oldboy is Korean, not Japanese.

You massive racist you ;)

(Yes I love Battle Royale)
    JFYI, @Drew_fx it's South Korean, not Korean.

You massive insensitive KimJong loving commie.  ;)

(Yes I too love Battle Royale)
    Korea == South Korea.

North Korea doesn't count. It's just one big fucking gulag ;)
  • My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    Good!!
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    edited November 2014
    His ex-wife made him sad - it didn't turn out too good for her.

I watch The Winter Soldier at the Weekend.. not bad - Scarlet Johanson is looking a bit hatchet-faced in it, I think it was really sporting of Hydra to place the key hardware components of their Helicruisers in a glass dome beneath it for anyone to fire up at..

Also the Quinjets - so a person going into the jet breaks it, the cockpit glass isn't bulletproof...

The funniest bit for me and my eldest was the surprising reality of The Winter Soldier whipping out a Scorpion SMG and after firing it for a few seconds before having to throw it away.

But all told the plot made sense of a lot of what seemed like Over-reaction in Agents of Shield

I'd say 8/10
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1247
    edited November 2014
    Interstellar. Should have been right up my street but way too long. It tries to be thought provoking but was more like snooze inducing.Shoulda gone for Nightcrawler. :-w
    Link to my trading feedback
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10072
    Nightcrawler. Excellent stuff. Very well acted and very entertaining.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • The Cabin in the Woods

First time since seeing it in the cinema. Brilliant. And with unexpected boobs that were edited from the cinema version in Dubai. Win!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Red Lights

Had Sigourney Weaver and Cillian Murphy as skeptical paranormal researchers, Toby Jones as the assclown scientist who wants to believe, Robert De Niro as the sinister scenery-chewing psychic who may or may not be a massive fraud and a final act twist so eye-rolling that I thought for a minute I was going to live out my days staring at the inside of my head.

Contraband

The ever-reliable Marky Mark Wahlberg (who seems to have a knack of picking the right sort of shitty films to be in) gets sucked back in to his smugglin' past by his hot wife's idiot kid brother upsetting The Wrong People and ends up mired in all manner of double-crossin' and nonsense before discovering that everybody is working for everyone else. The most plausible part of the plot was the part where absolutely everybody wanted to shag Kate Beckinsale.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Interstellar.

I really enjoyed it. It's not perfect - I wish they'd spent more of the movie in space, and the ending's not brilliant, but it held my attention for 3 hours.  Some the images had the same look as 2001, which is a good thing.  Worth seeing on the big screen, 8/10. 
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited November 2014
    Went and watched The Imitation Game last night with Miss d8m.

Solid 9/10 from us.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    Mr. Turner

I thought it was fantastic, but I usually like a quite different type of film from most people here so I understand some of the negative reviews. It's rather slow, not a lot happens, and some of it is a bit contrived… but it's brilliant.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Insidious

Had lots of promise but jesus it was almost funny. Shame. 

Ringu, again.  Still amazing. 
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16475
    ICBM said:
    Mr. Turner

I thought it was fantastic, but I usually like a quite different type of film from most people here so I understand some of the negative reviews. It's rather slow, not a lot happens, and some of it is a bit contrived… but it's brilliant.'
    'ow many killin's?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10072
    Not as many as Zero Dark Thirty which I've just sat and watched with Mrs9000. Great film. Keeps you hooked.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Un-hung Hero. Documentary about small penises, something (insert forumite) could identify with. Seems a bit contrived, but has interesting stuff.

People Like Us - Melodrama with hunky Chris Pine and hot Elizabeth Banks and a boy with that awful long hair Americans give their sons. Not too bad, hit me in the emotions.

Tucker and Dale vs Evil. Pretty funny twist on the horror in the woods type of film, would have appreciated boobies.
    My V key is broken
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    VimFuego said:
    ICBM said:
    Mr. Turner

I thought it was fantastic, but I usually like a quite different type of film from most people here so I understand some of the negative reviews. It's rather slow, not a lot happens, and some of it is a bit contrived… but it's brilliant.'
    'ow many killin's?
    Wellllll… there are three deaths (two on-screen), a bit of rough sex, and a gratuitous prostitute's arse shot, so you *might* like it…

;)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    ICBM said:
    VimFuego said:
    ICBM said:
    Mr. Turner

'ow many killin's?
    Wellllll… there are three deaths (two on-screen), a bit of rough sex, and a gratuitous prostitute's arse shot, so you *might* like it…

;)
    Someone shot the prossie's arse that is not very nice at all?

Better to have done the more usual things to said arse not involving popping a cap in her ass.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Love The Beast - a documentary by handsome Eric Banana about car stuff, mainly his car and racing it. Pretty good, especially the way it explores the emotional bond you can form with your car.
    My V key is broken