What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    My Neighbour Totoro

One of the most famous anime's in the world, up there with Spirited Away, and for good reason. Great animation and voice acting, one of the best English dubs I have ever seen. Simple but wonderfully feel good story that just puts a smile on your face whatever your mood, who doesn't want to see a 12 legged cat-bus?! Watch it!
    8.5/10

'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • FazerFazer Frets: 488
    Oculus - haunted mirror etc etc ..........
    BOO!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Sunshine On Leith - marvellous stuff and, incidentally, proof that the Proclaimers are more musically valid than Hendrix. Nobody's made a musical full of his stuff, have they?

No. They haven't. Thank Christ.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hard candy. Meh, I didn't think much to be honest. It was alright.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74489
    Hertz32 said:
    My Neighbour Totoro

One of the most famous anime's in the world, up there with Spirited Away, and for good reason. Great animation and voice acting, one of the best English dubs I have ever seen. Simple but wonderfully feel good story that just puts a smile on your face whatever your mood, who doesn't want to see a 12 legged cat-bus?! Watch it!
    8.5/10

That's one of my favourites too, but of the Studio Ghibli films my first choice would be Castle In The Sky. It's probably the only film I've watched over twenty times.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Fazer said:
    jodorowskys dune - documentary about the failed attempt to film dune in the early 1970s, lots of interviews with jodorowsky, giger, foss and other creatives involved in all the elaborate preproduction, including getting magma and pink floyd on board to do soundtrack, and orson welles, dali, mick jagger and others to star in it.
    pretty interesting and its such a shame it never got funding because it would have been awesome

Saw that - bloody awesome documentary and a crying shame his vision never got off the ground. Must track down the graphic novels. Good call sir
    All practice and no theory
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    ICBM said:
    Hertz32 said:
    My Neighbour Totoro

8.5/10

That's one of my favourites too, but of the Studio Ghibli films my first choice would be Castle In The Sky. It's probably the only film I've watched over twenty times.
    Porco Rosso is superb. Totoro is lined up for tonight by coincidence, if I can finish this stupid report I have to write by the morning
    All practice and no theory
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16313
    edited July 2014

watched SOME LIKE IT HOT again yesterday, well some of it........somehow I've never managed tae see the end of this film. I ALWAYS finish up in the backroom somewhere chuggin' away at the sight of Marilyn in that see- through negligee c/w them jugs...OO er I'm away AGAIN 

*Cary Grant voice*

" I think I can feel something in my big toe"  

tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5737
    Finally watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes, tis really rather awesome. Very much want to see Dawn of the Planet of the Apes now.
    I rewatched 'Rise...' today and it's even better than I remembered. There are some beautiful touches in the ape performances, Andy Serkis is amazing.
    Of the clips I've seen for 'Dawn...' the animation is on another level and I cannot wait to see what Serkis does in this one. Oscar worthy perhaps?
  • cpcompanycpcompany Frets: 126
    Saw Dawn of The Planet of the Apes yesterday. It was good, but I expected it to be better. Was supposed to watch Boyhood today but have come down with a cold.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16666
    Lixarto said:
    Sunshine On Leith - marvellous stuff and, incidentally, proof that the Proclaimers are more musically valid than Hendrix. Nobody's made a musical full of his stuff, have they?

No. They haven't. Thank Christ.

I thought there was a biopic in the works. [googles] Out in September.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Of the Reid brothers?

Fantastic.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16666
    Lixarto said:
    Of the Reid brothers?

Fantastic.

Andre 3000 as Charlie and Craig Reed. That I would pay to see.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Legion. Decided to watch it because there's a TV series I've started watching based on it. Kind of a horror, a little bit like tremors, except the monsters are... ANGELS?  :-O

2/5, unintentionally funny, but there are some cool bits and Willa Holland, mmm.
    My V key is broken
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    The Hooligan Factory - a piss take of all the footy hooligan films. I bought it in HMV the other day as it looked funny.

It wasn't.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28749
    Amazing Spider-Man 2

Oh dear. Really just a bit dull. 

I love Andrew Garfield as Spidey but it's a shitty predictable film.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 11014
    Locke :

The whole film is Tom Hardy in his car, talking on his phone. Strangely enjoyable as a film and as there's nothing to see it would work as an audio book too
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    Rise of the Planet of the Apes. It was enjoyable, I'm getting a bit fed up with going into a film having seen soo much of the film in trailers though.
    That's why I loved Godzilla so much. Need to figure out how to avoid trailers at the cinema...hmmm

I might go and see boyhood tomorrow.

Aside from that I've seen

• Need for Speed- hmm based on a video game. Not great
    • Under the Skin, really eery. Kind of made me fall out of love with Scarlett Johansson though :( Although I would probably still follow her into a vat of oil.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Grand Budapest Hotel 9/10 :)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12902
    Saw the new Planet of the Apes too. The CGI is incredible, probably the best I've ever seen: it barely registers that you're not watching real monkeys. The film is way too long though, needs some decent editing to cut the filler scenes out.

Also saw Tyrannosaur and The Beast the other day. Both excellent films in different ways but Tyrannosaur was the better film.