What's Hot

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4386
    edited June 2014
    ^ That was f*cking awful.

There are popcorn flicks, and then there's that. :\
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    Maleficent. The kids wanted to see it.  It was ... very pretty, lots of nice looking sets, swooshing around, etc.  The story, not so much.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Just watched "Lone Survivor".

I read the book a few weeks ago, and wanted to see the fillum. I'm pleased to say the film is very similar to the book, no "artistic license" was used. I enjoyed it.

I picked up the BBC TV film of Bravo Two Zero, and enjoyed that too. A bit less like the book though.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• I saw the devil.

Pretty good, tense, uncomfortable viewing. Just a good revenge film :)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16666
    edited June 2014
    Notes on a Scandal. Not long finished on Beeb 4. Read the book years ago but never seen the film before. Not the cheeriest thing but well worth a watch and Judi Dench looks spookily like my mother. Watched Sugarman the other day ( or is it a Searching for Sugarman?) which was interesting but it didn't really have the impact on me some others on here experienced.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74477
    Quadrophenia

Stayed up to watch it all again the other night after I caught the start and couldn't not, even though I've seen it at least half a dozen times and I had to get up in the morning.

Still brilliant, still almost ruined by Sting. He just looks completely out of place and time - astonishing that they let him do that considering how carefully-made and (I think, although it's set before I was born) period-accurate the rest of it is.

Listened to the album in full again today as well. Not sure which I like best… possibly the film, surprisingly.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• KarlosKarlos Frets: 512
    'Life On The Limit' - Documentary film charting the history of Formula 1.
    Thrilling, sad, exciting, moving and just utterly brilliant.

(the artist formerly known as KarlosSantos)
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Cuban Fury

6/10, decent date flick.
    My V key is broken
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    ICBM said:
    Quadrophenia
    I've never seen this competely, but really want to. A mate loaned me Tommy a couple of years ago, which I still haven't seen either. I did give the DVD back though, as I didn't have time to watch it.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    saw Constantine last night.. I've seen it before but forgot just how good it was...
    play every note as if it were your first
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319

We were in a silly horror mood last week, so watched 'Lesbian Vampire Hunters' (about as good as the title suggests it will be), and 'Identity' (actually quite good - one of those that'll never be watched again once you know what the twist is, but good entertainment for a couple of hours).

Cinema last night for X-Men DOFP in 3D - yes, it's rather good. The effects on the sentinels are stunning.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16666
    IanSavage said:

We were in a silly horror mood last week, so watched 'Lesbian Vampire Hunters' (about as good as the title suggests it will be), and 'Identity' (actually quite good - one of those that'll never be watched again once you know what the twist is, but good entertainment for a couple of hours).

Cinema last night for X-Men DOFP in 3D - yes, it's rather good. The effects on the sentinels are stunning.

Ooh, I remember my thread on MR about Lesbian Vampire Hunters, how Tesco had censored the word Lesbian on the DVD cover. I'd have to say it's an even worse movie than the title might suggest.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28746
    Thor 6.5/10
    So James Hunt comes to meet Princess Amidala and can't pick up his hammer because magic. Good fun, pretty light on real plot and substance, but still good fun.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Went to see a film I knew nothing about other than the title and that Karen Gillan was in it: Occulus.

Probably the best horror I've seen in ages 9/10

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28746
    Myranda;268290" said:
    Went to see a film I knew nothing about other than the title and that Karen Gillan was in it: Occulus.

Probably the best horror I've seen in ages 9/10
    Good good, I have that downloaded ready to watch :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10890
    Love horror films.

A horror film with Karen Gillan in.

That's got to be a win win.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4268
    A big +1 for Occulus, nicely put together film indeed. Grand Budapest Hotel is well worth watching too
  • KarlosKarlos Frets: 512
    'PANTANI - Accidental Death Of A Cyclist'

Amazing film about the Italian 'Tour De France & Giro d'Italia' winner. Sad story.
    Another great choice by the missus from LoveFilm.

(the artist formerly known as KarlosSantos)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74477
    Once Upon A Time In The West (on DVD), because my teenage daughter has just developed an interest in serious movies. She asked to see it specifically... I must have done something right!

Still utterly magnificent.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Watched Predator with my eldest last night...

now I have the fucking tune rattling around my head...

deeedeeeeeeedeeedeeedaaa

par papa pah paaarr

:( better than I remembered 8/10
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?