What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    The Maze Runner. I find these films that don't conclude, just set up the next instalment very frustrating. However, as teen flicks go I found it engaging and nicely paced.
    Then watched Cuban Fury ( is that right?) on 4, I'd expected something a bit swearier but it's a fairly gentle Sunday tea time sort of film.
    Aye the kids made me watch Maze Runner while she was away with her sister, was ok. She's away 21st-24th this month (her sister's getting her norks done in Brum) so God only knows what the 3 devils have planned for Sky Movies that weekend.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    12 Years A Slave.

Harrowing but excellent.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16667
    edited March 2015
    Started watching Serenity, science fiction film by Joss Whedon of Avengers fame. Good reviews on imdb and rotten tomatoes but I turned it off halfway through. Crap actors, characters were weak and generic, no idea what got it such good reviews but based on the first hour it gets a big fat raspberry from me

Nooooooooo.... :((
    It basically wraps up most of the cancelled tv series Firefly so it takes on an extra dimension if you watched all those first. For me it still works as a stand alone film, Josh before he sold his soul to write appalling scripts about Marvel super heroes.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    Being laid up for a few weeks with a sciatic nerve issue I just watched all 3 Austin Powers movies on Netflix, ridiculous, silly but entertaining. 

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2492
    EricTheWeary;541415" said:
    Flink_Poyd said:

Started watching Serenity, science fiction film by Joss Whedon of Avengers fame. Good reviews on imdb and rotten tomatoes but I turned it off halfway through. Crap actors, characters were weak and generic, no idea what got it such good reviews but based on the first hour it gets a big fat raspberry from me

Nooooooooo.... :((

It basically wraps up most of the cancelled tv series Firefly so it takes on an extra dimension if you watched all those first. For me it still works as a stand alone film, Josh before he sold his soul to write appalling scripts about Marvel super heroes.
    Yeeeeesss, knew it was something to do with a series he made but just didn't do anything for me at all.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Dumb and Dumber To. 

A few chuckles, but an entirely unworthy heir.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28753
    tbh if you haven't seen Firefly it won't make much sense. But equally, if you haven't seen Firefly, I despair...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25109
    tbh if you haven't seen Firefly it won't make much sense. But equally, if you haven't seen Firefly, I despair...
    I haven't seen Firefly but I have seen Serenity.  First time I saw it I didn't even know it was a spinoff from a series, but it felt like we were "supposed" to know the characters and relationships already and it took me most of the film to get any kind of feel for what was going on.

Second time I saw it I really liked it.

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 11014
    Starred up : a tale of a very violent teenager landing in the same jail as his father
    Gritty and compelling
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3531
    Biutiful: tourist-repelling film about Barcelona ;)

Actually very good if somewhat depressing and harrowing in places.
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2189
    edited March 2015

A River Runs Through It

The age old tale of two brothers growing up who go fishing, met women, then die. (true story too, which is nice). T'was very good.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    The Imitation Game.

Thought it was pretty good, even with Cumberland playing the lead. 
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    Twelve Monkeys.

Mrs. Stoo had never seen it, and with the tv series being shown she wanted to watch it.  It's still wonderfully weird. Terry Gilliam is odd.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522

What We Do In The Shadows - 8/10

Appears to be from the same team that brought us Flight Of The Conchords - good crazy fun

All practice and no theory
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Død snø 2 (Dead Snow 2 - Red vs Dead)

My mother's birthday was this week, and I said for the evening I'd get a takaway and we'd watch a film of her choice. That was it. More of the same in the first film... truly worth watching if you like a laugh and zombie films :)

(She loved the film by the way - laughed like a drain)
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel."

It was charming, and I loved it.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12902
    Second best exotic marigold hotel. Didn't quite have the charm or poignancy of the first one and you could see the ending coming a mile away. Still, not bad.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6375

Wild.. with Reese Witherspoon.  

Excellent, pretty deep and spiritual, about a women trying to lone hike the 1100 miles of the Pacific coast trail. 

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10890
    Bad Grandpa by the makers of Jackass.Pretty much what you'd expect from the Jackass crew,which I'm not a fan of incidentally but the grandson,especially in the final minutes when he stars in a beauty pageant is absolutely hilarious.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1810
    equalsql;543095" said:
    Wild.. with Reese Witherspoon.  Excellent, pretty deep and spiritual, about a women trying to lone hike the 1100 miles of the Pacific coast trail. 
    It wasn't bad, but nowhere near as good as "Into the Wild". I strongly recommend that if You liked "Wild".