What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16666
    Still going...

The Last Days on Mars. For those people who like to watch a film and point out the factual errors this is a goldmine. Beyond that the thin story line struggled to keep me engaged. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10072
    Pitch Perfect - hideous - don't waste money or 90 minutes of what's left of your life.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    I may never want to watch a film ever again after this week.But Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa. I do like Alan and I liked this a lot. If you don't buy into him I guess it would be bloody awful.
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2189
    oblivion Not sure if I fell asleep or not as it was on, then seemed to finish. Not bad 6/10

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4858
    Watched iron sky last night. What a bizar movie. Nazis on the moon?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25103
    I may never want to watch a film ever again after this week.But Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa. I do like Alan and I liked this a lot. If you don't buy into him I guess it would be bloody awful.
    I watched it on BBC2 last night.  I don't think it had many real laugh-out-loud moments, but I did enjoy it and it did feel like a proper film - well, maybe a made for TV film - rather than a couple of episodes of a TV series stretched out to feature length.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2492
    Ex Machina

Interesting and good without being totally mindblowing. Effects and setting are well done for saying it's a fairly low budget film, oh and it's British which I wasn't aware of.

The film itself isn't what I expected from watching the trailer, a good thing for a change. Part of it was predictable but enjoyable nonetheless. Has the odd nudey woman bit in it as well
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

Philly_Q said:
    I watched it on BBC2 last night.  I don't think it had many real laugh-out-loud moments, but I did enjoy it and it did feel like a proper film - well, maybe a made for TV film - rather than a couple of episodes of a TV series stretched out to feature length.

@Philly_Q I was going to suggest that the film seemed to be a final chapter for Partridge but I suspect that's been said before. Probably not massively laugh out loud but it kept me engaged and didn't go on ridiculously long.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31591
    OK- me and Ali want a good one tonight- spy, thriller all good...suggestions please?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Hot Tub Time Machine 2.

oh dear.

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    HAL9000 said:
    Pitch Perfect - hideous - don't waste money or 90 minutes of what's left of your life.
    I love it, what's the matter with you?
    My V key is broken
    I saw the new Mad Max last night, great fun. I didn't even hate Nichholas Hoult.
    My V key is broken
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10890
    My Mrs wants to see Mad Max but only because she fancies Tom Hardy.

I was a bit meh but I I'll go if it's good.Anyone else seen it?
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    He's not even in it much.
    My V key is broken
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25562
    Gone Girl.

Quite enjoyed it.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    Saturday the missus and I watched these in a big fat block:

Total Recall
    Predator
    Commando
    Conan The Barbarian

... yeah we had an Arnie night, so waht!?!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23193
    ^^
    I like how the quality of the film kept getting lower the longer you went on. 

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25103
    ^^
    I'd say it got higher.  Well, maybe if you swapped round Commando and Predator.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    Mad Max Fury Road.

Epic, Over the Top, FANTASTIC, from minute 1.

Best action movie since Terminator 2/Aliens for setting up a set piece one after the other and then top it and top it and then some.

And very little CGI....that flame throwing guitar is real ! It actually played through a PA on set, with reverb LOL
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1810
    That's one great review. I wasn't hugely impressed with the idea of taking on the all time classic but seems like people like it. Will check that out this weekend maybe.

I've seen few movies during my long haul flight but all of them were mediocre at best.

Before I go to sleep - thriller with Nicole Kidman. Not to bad but easy to figure out. Good film. And only that. 6/10

This is where I leave You - comedy. Family reunion with situation jokes, bit of nudity and weed smoking so nothing new. 5/10

watched Zero Dark Thirty too but it's been for the 4th time and I've already reviewed that in this topic. Good.movie that.