The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10384
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27860
    Pogba - What a total knob - Not just for the doping charges but in almost everything he represented on the pitch (if he actually made the pitch)
    Yup.  No great loss to the footballing world.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14677
    edited March 1 tFB Trader

https://twitter.com/i/status/1763142009160663304

Taxpayers, this is an urgent appeal on behalf of Manchester United. Their billionaire owners need YOUR help to build them a new stadium.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10384

Taxpayers, this is an urgent appeal on behalf of Manchester United. Their billionaire owners need YOUR help to build them a new stadium.

As a Hammer I think this is disgracef... Oh... wait. Nevermind.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27860

I do like the irony of a post from Paddy Power - part of an industry that has taken more money out of the pockets of sports fans than any other - taking the piss here.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:

I do like the irony of a post from Paddy Power - part of an industry that has taken more money out of the pockets of sports fans than any other - taking the piss here.
    I think it is common in the USA that many sport stadiums are built with heavy/strong funding from the tax payers -

https://fortune.com/2023/12/24/taxpayers-on-hook-billions-new-sports-stadiums-major-leagues-move-teams/

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/22/taxpayers-are-paying-billions-for-nfl-stadiums-heres-how.html
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4366
    I’ve just got back from Dorking v Chesterfield. 

Early NL game on TNT this afternoon. 

Dorking looked decent (for once). Chesterfield were shite. But they’re still winning the league this season. 

If Dorking keep on playing like that they’ll stay up.  

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1488
    Fuck Liverpool
    fuck Paul Tierney
    Fuck the Premier League
    Fuck football in general 
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16337

joneve said:
    Fuck Liverpool
    fuck Paul Tierney
    Fuck the Premier League
    Fuck football in general 

Certainly some crap reffing. Any goal in the 99th minute makes me wonder how arbitrary some of the stoppage times are, I’d be for a massive clock that sounds a klaxon at 90 minutes. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1230
    joneve said:
    Fuck Liverpool
    fuck Paul Tierney
    Fuck the Premier League
    Fuck football in general 
    You had so long for that not to have made a difference. You also got one earlier. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1488
    S56035 said:
    joneve said:
    Fuck Liverpool
    fuck Paul Tierney
    Fuck the Premier League
    Fuck football in general 
    You had so long for that not to have made a difference. You also got one earlier. 
    Got one what? Had the rules been followed, we get the ball back after Konate fakes a head injury and the ball is never anywhere near our 1/3 for you to get a corner and score. 

We’d earned a point and Paul Tierney’s absolute incompetence has cost us that. 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2842
    Had you scored from all those chances you had …

more importantly, had you kicked/hoofed the ball up/off the pitch  when it comes to your 2 defenders then the ball wouldn’t have run to Kevin McAllister

yes I’ve got sympathy with the weird red decision at the drop ball, 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9969
    edited March 3
    I remember when we were a small club in the Premier we basically looked at games against the top 6 as kind of gimmes for want of a better word. Ie games we should write off as zero points and focus on the teams within our reach to beat. You might get the occasional point against them, but ultimately that's just a bonus as the odds are stacked against you with the usual ref biases. We used to look at it as there still being 32 matches to get points out of, so then the odd match like that Liverpool one here or there won't make or break your season if you get the points you have a good chance of against the middle to low table teams
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    tFB Trader
    Wow - what a miss by Haaland - Always thought Ronnie Rosenthal was the worst miss - not now
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2842
    Top quality response from City I thought
    tFB Trader
    sev112 said:
    Top quality response from City I thought
    And Foden was excellent - He needs to be at the heart of the England team with a free #10 role 
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1117
    Foden is very neat and tidy with his touch and the way he pushes the ball out his feet to get away from players. Took his goals very well today esp his first one. What a strike from Rashford as well but overall City were always going to come back. Even a few sitters from Haaland can't stop them.
    tFB Trader
    So Foden has to be the 'creative' focus of the England team - With SaKa, Harry, Bellingham and probably Madison what is the suitable line up etc

I think he has to be central and not isolated on the left 

Rice + Bellingham as the 2 linch pins - Gareth always plays 2 there - But give Bellingham more of  a box to box role and Rice then always sits 

Therefore 4-2-3-1 - That gives you Madison, Foden, Saka as the 3 across the pitch, with even the option of Foden + Madison swapping as required - Harry up front 
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3111
    Wow - what a miss by Haaland - Always thought Ronnie Rosenthal was the worst miss - not now
    I'll raise you the Moroccan Maldini.

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    tFB Trader
    blobb said:
    I'll raise you the Moroccan Maldini.

Wow