The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4677
    I believe Ben White is not really a huge football fan, classing it as a “job” so why would he give up his summer to go and be probably 5th choice ? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23238
    I believe Ben White is not really a huge football fan, classing it as a “job” so why would he give up his summer to go and be probably 5th choice ? 
    Yes, he's a bit of an unusual character for a footballer, says he's not really interested in watching football in his spare time and would rather spend time with his wife (just a thought, perhaps they have a baby on the way?)

I saw this posted on Wikipedia earlier today, it's been removed now of course:

Benjamin William White (born 8 October 1997) (died 14 March 2024) was an English professional footballer who played as a defender for Premier League club Arsenal. Mainly a right-back, when Benjamin was alive, he could play predominantly as a right back but he could also play as a centre-back.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4335
    There must be some personal reasons why BW doesn’t want to play for England at this moment in time, despite what Southgate says.

Very strange, surely he wants to play in the Euros…
    Love Island Maldini is a bit of a strange character. 

He doesn’t actually like football that much. 

It might not actually bother him, not playing for England. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

^^ 

Lol. 

That’s what happens when you save a draft earlier, and post it, without bothering to check if anyone else replied. 

What mikeyrob and Phil said. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10326
    5-0 to the cockney boys, 5-0 to the cockney boys :) 
    Kudus with the tap ins. 

CHRISB50 said:
    Kudus with the tap ins. 
    Tap in merchant. 

I was there. Great result. 
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1097
    He can play in different positions and England plan to use Trent in midfield or further up it increases the chances of playing in the team. But I suppose it'd be better if he can focus everything on us.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9913
    In fairness I don't think I'd be all that bothered either way about playing for England or not, if I hypothetically wasn't unfit, dodgy eyesight, rubbish at kicking a ball and or running etc. I don't think anybody should be obliged to do it, by any stretch. Hopefully it's White's choice on the basis suggested above or similar, and if so all power to him
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    edited March 15
    Europa League draw is done.

Liverpool vs Atalanta 
    West Ham vs Leverkusen. 

I reckon we can do Leverkusen but it'll be a proper Moyes ball that the Moyes Out lot hate. Second leg is at home.

The semi, if we get through is against either AC Milan or Roma. I'd love AC Milan. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    We got Bayern. 

Then the winner plays Man C or Real Madrid. 

I remember the 10-2 aggregate score over 2 legs last time we got played. I’d like to think we can cope better this time! 

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27729
    CHRISB50 said:
    We got Bayern. 

I remember the 10-2 aggregate score over 2 legs last time we got played. I’d like to think we can cope better this time! 
    I thought that was a tough draw.

But the other half doesn't look much easier!!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14465
    tFB Trader
    CHRISB50 said:
    We got Bayern. 

They've done all that they can to avoid an all English final !!!!!!!!! - No easy games from no on in - Probably Madrid v Dortmund is the 'easier' option - All 4 ties look appetising 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23238
    He can play in different positions and England plan to use Trent in midfield or further up it increases the chances of playing in the team. But I suppose it'd be better if he can focus everything on us.
    Stones can play in midfield as well.  They're all getting too versatile!  :)
    CHRISB50 said:
    We got Bayern. 

I fancy our chances. The team we had out last time we played them was embarrassing. 
    Philly_Q said:
    Stones can play in midfield as well.  They're all getting too versatile!  :)
    Neither would get in ahead of Henderson/Rice/Bellingham though!
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12966
    CHRISB50 said:
    There must be some personal reasons why BW doesn’t want to play for England at this moment in time, despite what Southgate says.

Seems weird how everyone accepts that Joe Public might not enjoy their job and it's perfectly normal to prefer to spend their time with their wife and kids but God Forbid a footballer or tennis player doesn't like theirs all that much. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27729
    CHRISB50 said:
    We got Bayern
    Just thought ... HarryK hasn't scored against Arsenal this season.

Yet.
    :D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    CHRISB50 said:
    We got Bayern. 

I fancy our chances. The team we had out last time we played them was embarrassing. 
    I’m definitely more hopeful this time round. 

We’re on the up. They aren’t. But it’s cup knockout, so you just never know. 

Look at Liverpool under Benitez. 

CHRISB50 said:

Seems weird how everyone accepts that Joe Public might not enjoy their job and it's perfectly normal to prefer to spend their time with their wife and kids but God Forbid a footballer or tennis player doesn't like theirs all that much. 
    Good luck to him! 

I personally couldn’t give a shit if he doesn’t want to play for England.