The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14325
    tFB Trader

mrkb said:
    Forest docked 4 points - Man City and Chelsea allowed to carry on regardless.......
    The Man City case is to complicated for one hearing - Only 1 set of charges thrown at Forest and Everton -115 for City

The issue with City is they are not actually making a loss on paper  - Unlike Forest and Everton whose losses are declared by the clubs accounts - City are effectively cooking the books with complex transactions to make it look like they are actually making a profit 

Look at the sponsorship of the stadium - Which happens to be another company owned by the same company- They can create a false figure of sponsorship to create additional funds and avoid losses, but it is not a true figure - It is a complex situation and not to dissimilar to a big firm or rich individual with various tax avoidance schemes in play 

I think the PL are scared of taking on City until they know they have a cast iron case - No use turning up at hearing, losing then blowing their chances of a 2nd case later - Plus of course City have more resources and probably better lawyers to take on the PL

Hard to comment on the old days of Chelsea under Roman , but their next set of accounts, under the new owners are expected to show a 150 million lose in a 12 month period- So that will be punishment, as per Forest, very quickly 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 18 tFB Trader
    Believe Villa and Leicester are going to be looking at potential losses shortly that Weill case them concern

The question I have is that do Forest now start at zero - And on that basis they can see what happens over the next 3 years to see if they rack up losses over 105  million before any new set of punishment is due for exceeding the guidelines 

Or do they now get rid of the oldest set of accounts which are 3 years old - But if the next set of accounts is also negative and over 35 million, which then added to the last 2 sets of accounts will take them over 105 million again - Yet they have already punished for 2 of those years - hope that makes sense

ie year A lose 40 million - year B lose 40 million- year C lose 40 million- total loss is 120 million - you are now punished 

move on and year A is now irrelevant as the rules are based on the last 3 years - But year D ( new and latest set of accounts) you lose 40 million - Are you now punished for years B C and D so effectively punished again for B and C - as I say I hope you can see my question 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2788
    I’m not certain either the ref or TMO found evidence of a handball against West Ham but they still disallowed - longest VAR in all time, so much for Clear and Obvious 
    tFB Trader
    sev112 said:
    I’m not certain either the ref or TMO found evidence of a handball against West Ham but they still disallowed - longest VAR in all time, so much for Clear and Obvious 
    Agree about clear and obvious - think if they have not found an obvious reason to change the one field decision within X mins or seconds then time to move on and go back to the on field decision

More than once now you see them going back to check for offence A B or C that happened earlier in the build up / goal as well- As though search long and hard enough we might find an offence- As you say so much for clear and obvious 

To be fair, in the EFL we have no VAR - watched a Sky match recently and it was on the red button so no replay at all - Yet it was thought Leeds should have had a penalty- After the game I saw an X/twitter replay of the incident - I watched it 5 times and couldn’t decide ‘clearly ‘ either way - So not always easy for VAR but again as you say ‘clear and obvious’ and decide after X amount of time or move on
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6907

mrkb said:
    Forest docked 4 points - Man City and Chelsea allowed to carry on regardless.......
    The Man City case is to complicated for one hearing - Only 1 set of charges thrown at Forest and Everton -115 for City

So if they carry on accumulating charges every year they’ll never get round to having a hearing? Genius!! 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1141
    Believe Villa and Leicester are going to be looking at potential losses shortly that Weill case them concern

The question I have is that do Forest now start at zero - And on that basis they can see what happens over the next 3 years to see if they rack up losses over 105  million before any new set of punishment is due for exceeding the guidelines 

Or do they now get rid of the oldest set of accounts which are 3 years old - But if the next set of accounts is also negative and over 35 million, which then added to the last 2 sets of accounts will take them over 105 million again - Yet they have already punished for 2 of those years - hope that makes sense

ie year A lose 40 million - year B lose 40 million- year C lose 40 million- total loss is 120 million - you are now punished 

move on and year A is now irrelevant as the rules are based on the last 3 years - But year D ( new and latest set of accounts) you lose 40 million - Are you now punished for years B C and D so effectively punished again for B and C - as I say I hope you can see my question 
    I believe it's every 3 year period so yes technically you can get done for the same year twice, as is happening with Everton, but conversely you could make a lose in years 1 - 3 and get done, then a big enough profit in year 4 so that years 2 - 4 are fine. Make sense?
    tFB Trader
    Well good luck to Wales tonight - 4 Leeds lads in the Welsh Squad and probably all starting - 1 Leeds lad in the Finland Team - But need them all back fit and well as we then have 5 games in 15 days and pushing for promotion 
    tFB Trader
    And now Leicester under investigation both by EFL and PL

IMO worse in that they have not submitted recent accounts on time - Derby went through this whilst cooking a set of false accounts which ultimately led to admin

Lack of accounts on time to the sport authorities should be instant points deduction- If 90 odd other teams can submit accounts on time then so can you  - Like failing to turn up for your drug test, it means you are probably guilty and hiding something 

The issue here is that the PL can’t issue a points deduction via the EFL and vice versa
    P’d off with the Wales game tongiht, listening to the radio all day today Welsh people complaining about arrogant English not caring about “their” game etc,  So why isn’t it on the bloomin telly then???

how the he’ll are we supposed to be inclusive and support the Uk teams if you won’t even show it?

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    Absolute rocket from Neco Williams tonight. He’s been unbelievable for Forest the last few months. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27654
    sev112 said:
    P’d off with the Wales game tongiht, listening to the radio all day today Welsh people complaining about arrogant English not caring about “their” game etc,  So why isn’t it on the bloomin telly then???

how the he’ll are we supposed to be inclusive and support the Uk teams if you won’t even show it?

It was on S4C.  Easy enough to watch if you wanted to - free to air channel.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1093
    I do wonder if Saka's 'injury' is actually precautionary or if Arteta's trying to save him for the City game. Partey hasn't been called up for Ghana, we got the Ben White thing going on etc. Wouldn't surprise me to see Rice withdraw too with a little niggle!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Bloody hell, £125 for an England shirt?! Only £120 for kids!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68632034

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68596715

What is that England colllar? The other teams break it up with other colours at least, but looks as if its badly sewn (France home)  =)

All the  kits seem very retro this time, some even give me knock-off vibes. Maybe its the enlarged logos (Adidas) and crests.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    France away looks like a GCSE Textiles project that has gone wrong. Portugal away like one that has gone a bit better. Netherlands away made from the quilt cover I had in 1986. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    They all look a bit old I think?

tFB Trader
    Nitefly said:
    Bloody hell, £125 for an England shirt?! Only £120 for kids!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68632034

If national shirt sales and sponsorship are as per club sales, then the bulk of that £125 goes to Nike (excluding vat on adult shirt sales)

Most clubs, who ever they are, receive between 7.5% and 15%of the actual shirt sale - But remember this is on top of the sponsorship deal the club have created with Nike/Addidas etc etc - ie Liverpool received £150 mill from Nike for a 5 year deal - This deal was unusual in that LFC actually make a 20% on each shirt sold - As I say most deals are between 7.5 and 15% commission, once a certain number of shirts have been sold - I believe LFC got a better deal as at the start of that deal/campaign, they were the only club (major club) in the CL wearing Nike - Hence they negotiated a 20% commission 

Such an arrangement is essentially a licensing deal. Kit providers such as Adidas, Nike, Puma, pay a club for the right to produce and sell merchandise - On top of the licensing fee, these providers then give the club a cut of the sales, usually once they pass a certain threshold

It is still a good deal for the club - Sell a million shirts at £80 a piece - 15% commission - £12.00  - equates to 12 million - Plus the stock is owned by the manufacture, so LFC, Man U etc do not have to buy the stock 

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9851
    I think from that BBC list, my favourite would be the Belgium Tin Tin one as it's a ridiculous idea and I like stuff like that. Wales away and England away also honourable mentions. Not that I'd wear any of them, regardless of cost...
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    I think from that BBC list, my favourite would be the Belgium Tin Tin one as it's a ridiculous idea and I like stuff like that. Wales away and England away also honourable mentions. Not that I'd wear any of them, regardless of cost...
    I uhmed and ahhed about buying the Ajax Bob Marley one for a while and the Coventry City 2Tone one. But these things eventually go off sale and I had no idea when I'd wear them. My niece is getting married this year to a big Coventry fan so maybe then! 
    I like a bit of TinTin. Not the unpleasantly racist old stuff, I'm quite happy that they revised it all. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1273
    ENG VS BRAZIL. 
    A nice game to watch on terrestrial tv. Always good to see brazil playing and seeing how the english cope. Not even looked at the english squad, but they all look like 6th formers.
    Dont worry, be silly.