The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    Does anyone know how much Man U players pay hairdressers for the Seagull shit on my head look?
    Extra time  2-2 at Old Trafford .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5290
    edited March 17
    Travelling back to Cornwall after taking the lad to Stamford Bridge, cracking game, great own goal which led to the Leicester fans shouting shoot every time he got the ball which was very amusing.

Great day out, if long, but a good result in the end, I still am absolutely baffled at how many players on astronomical salaries fuck up the basics! 

4-2 man of the match. Sterling.  Proper shit penalty and the worst free kick like ever
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1141
    4-3. That hurts.
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    Excellent 7 goal thriller between Man U & Liverpool.
    As a neutral.
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1136
    What a game that was. 
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited March 17
    Liverpool thought they could win it without getting out of first gear, but you can't turn up at OT without fight. Poor play from Nunez and Elliot for those last two goals. Gifted them the win. 
    Liverpool thought they could win it without getting out of first gear, but you can't turn up at OT without fight. Poor play from Nunez and Elliot for those last two goals. Gifted them the win. 
    No fight? Wtf?
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4317
    These quarter finals have been fantastic. Really enjoyed them all. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10269
    S56035 said:
    No fight? Wtf?
    Yea both teams gave everything? 
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Great entertainment, I didn't care who will win today and enjoyed both matches. Utd v Liv was a great spectacle with all the football dramaturgy. 
    S56035 said:
    No fight? Wtf?
    That's certainly the way it looked to me.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14327
    tFB Trader
    What a game - MUFC v LFC - Could have gone either way - there were passages when LFC controlled the game and should have won - That 5-2 break at one stage - But credit to Man U for staying in the game 

Effectively a 'bye' to the final for Man U - And a local home tie for many of their fans in the semi's
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited March 17
    S56035 said:
    S56035 said:
    No fight? Wtf?
    Let me correct myself, both teams showed fight but I thought united compensated for the difference in quality by showing more of it than pool. Imo. Home advantage makes a difference of course. Will be interesting to see how the prem encounter pans out... 
    tFB Trader
    S56035 said:
    S56035 said:
    No fight? Wtf?
    Let me correct myself, both teams showed fight but I thought united compensated for the difference in quality by showing more of it than pool. Imo. Home advantage makes a difference of course. Will be interesting to see how the prem encounter pans out... 
    I think that most Man U fans will be happy for today - Least of all it is effectively all they have left to play for other than a place in the CL - But equally I would image many fans to be a bit pee'd off - Where is such spirit and endeavour in many other PL games when they are 2nd best and show little interest - The players attitude can be poor at times and even today they had their moments - But they battled and delivered when they needed to 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4727

S56035 said:
    S56035 said:
    No fight? Wtf?
    Aside from home advantage we have have not played since the Saturday before.  Liverpool played on the Sunday and Thursday which will have had an affect, even more so in a game that went to extra time.   I'd like to think the result triggers some change in performance and attitude for us but I think the prem encounter will back back to type Liverpool will be dominant and we will withdraw and play not to lose.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10269
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6908
    Forest docked 4 points - Man City and Chelsea allowed to carry on regardless.......
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4674
    mrkb said:
    Forest docked 4 points - Man City and Chelsea allowed to carry on regardless.......
    and yet Everton got 10 , reduced to 6 on appeal 

make it make sense please because it at the moment it appears that they are just making it all up as they go along 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9851
    To me, the Forest thing, the message it gives out to smaller clubs is basically don't even bother trying to stay in the Prem if you happen to get there unexpectedly. My club West Brom are vying to go up in the playoffs but if we go up we would have to do something akin to Forest ie totally rebuild the squad as it's barely championship quality as it is, loads of players out of contract so no fees to be obtained by selling anybody, so all it's going to do is encourage us to not bother, get relegated bottom of the league again so we can just make do with parachute payments again for a few years then make another push to repeat finishing bottom again.

I don't know what the alternative is though
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    edited March 18 tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    and yet Everton got 10 , reduced to 6 on appeal 

make it make sense please because it at the moment it appears that they are just making it all up as they go along 
    I’m baffled by that - I thought 6 points would become the blue print after they won the appeal - Whilst 4 points is huge to Forest based on their season to date, for the likes of Chelsea, who are on course to smash the appropriate loses in one season, then a similar 4 points deduction to Chelsea will be a token gesture To the point that they can commit the crime again and again, knowing the punishment is negligible