The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1957
    Endrick thinks he's the chosen one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    Looks like the Tractor Boys are in the money.

Ipswich Town: US equity company buys 40% stake for 'up to £105m'

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6908

£105m only gets you one player nowadays 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9853
    I think that's about £50m more than West Brom sold for recently
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1093
    swiller said:
    ENG VS BRAZIL. 
    A nice game to watch on terrestrial tv. Always good to see brazil playing and seeing how the english cope. Not even looked at the english squad, but they all look like 6th formers.
    Didn't watch the game last night and glad I didn't. From the highlights England lacked any spark and impetus. Glad Saka sat out a meaningless friendly. Hope he'll be ok for City.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2788
    It certainly wasn’t a meaningless friendly, it had a lot of bite, including kicks.  End to end, chances for both sides, England’s attack seemed to fizzle out round the box unfortunately.

PS are Wales still not going to shown their Euros final on TV or keep it in Welsh language and then still think England are arrogant?? If you want us to engage (like most of us actually do) show the bloomin game on TV and we can get behind you 

• MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3038
    edited March 25
    sev112 said:
    It certainly wasn’t a meaningless friendly, it had a lot of bite, including kicks.  End to end, chances for both sides, England’s attack seemed to fizzle out round the box unfortunately.

PS are Wales still not going to shown their Euros final on TV or keep it in Welsh language and then still think England are arrogant?? If you want us to engage (like most of us actually do) show the bloomin game on TV and we can get behind you 

The rights to show Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland matches were given to subscription channel Viaplay by UEFA in their bidding process. S4C then managed to negotiate with Viago to show matches. Viaplay clearly wouldn’t agree to free to view channel showing matches in English or they wouldn't get any viewers, though I see bbc have managed to negotiate a couple of Scotland friendlies, but doubt they would agree to a match of importance. So due to the S4C agreement, Welsh matches can now be viewed by  all for free (on Iplayer too). If you want English commentary you can stream 5 Live and delay it to sync. This situation is a vast improvement on all matches being on Sky as they used or Viaplay for 14.99 a month. I don't see how there is any arrogance at play; it's making the best of the situation that UEFA made by awarding rights to Viaplay. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    mrkb said:

£105m only gets you one player nowadays 
    This Ipswich manager has bought well with bugger all money and hopefully got them going up this season.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    edited March 26
    Ooh dear Pickford . Still, Belgium have a terrible national anthem if that's any consolation. 

Nicely taken penalty. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11327
    I thought they weren't having names on the backs of their shirts for this game. 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    scrumhalf said:
    Not just me that thought that then 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27657
    joneve said:
    scrumhalf said:
    Not just me that thought that then 
    Just in the second half.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    sev112 said:

The rights to show Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland matches were given to subscription channel Viaplay by UEFA in their bidding process. S4C then managed to negotiate with Viago to show matches. Viaplay clearly wouldn’t agree to free to view channel showing matches in English or they wouldn't get any viewers, though I see bbc have managed to negotiate a couple of Scotland friendlies, but doubt they would agree to a match of importance. So due to the S4C agreement, Welsh matches can now be viewed by  all for free (on Iplayer too). If you want English commentary you can stream 5 Live and delay it to sync. This situation is a vast improvement on all matches being on Sky as they used or Viaplay for 14.99 a month. I don't see how there is any arrogance at play; it's making the best of the situation that UEFA made by awarding rights to Viaplay. 

Thanks, very helpful :)

it’s the getting constantly being accused of being arrogant because we’re English, yet when we want to watch it it’s not available for us who want to support them.  Would have loved to watch them and would have watched over EngvBel.   come on Wales !

PS how do Georgia qualify guven they came 4th out of 6 in their group ?  
  • westfordwestford Frets: 582
    Still, Belgium have a terrible national anthem if that's any consolation. 

Their kit is pretty awful too.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10269
    westford said:
    Still, Belgium have a terrible national anthem if that's any consolation. 

Their kit is pretty awful too.
    I just said that to my brother :lol:
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14331
    edited March 27 tFB Trader
    Foden , Bellingham, Bowen and Mainoo all had/having great game 

We’ve done more than enough not to be losing 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11899
    edited March 26
    Isn’t going to win anything making mistakes like tonight.

We played okay but besides the penalty I don’t remember their keeper having to make a save.  The ball either is blocked or deflected out or offside when Bowen scored.

edit - and Bellingham scores!
    Belgium is the TinTin kit 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12932
    Ooh dear Pickford . Still, Belgium have a terrible national anthem if that's any consolation. 
    I mean if we're playing anthem matches then England / Britain would lose every round. GSTK is an absolute dirge. 
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1957
    Wales do not qualify.