The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4336
    TTony said:
    CHRISB50 said:
    We got Bayern
    Just thought ... HarryK hasn't scored against Arsenal this season.

Yet.
    :D
    Haha. I’m sure he’ll be up for it. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14468
    tFB Trader
    CHRISB50 said:
    CHRISB50 said:
    We got Bayern. 

Then the winner plays Man C or Real Madrid. 

I remember the 10-2 aggregate score over 2 legs last time we got played. I’d like to think we can cope better this time! 
    I fancy our chances. The team we had out last time we played them was embarrassing. 
    I’m definitely more hopeful this time round. 

We’re on the up. They aren’t. But it’s cup knockout, so you just never know. 

Look at Liverpool under Benitez. 
    Benitez, IMO was/is so severely over rated - Most LFC fans will tell you Stevie Gee did that 1/2 time talk and some say it was the best 1/2 time talk they had heard - He has done NOTHING since 

It will be great to see Man City v Arsenal - Looking at the 2 half of the draw, Man City, R Madrid, Arsenal and Munich have been picked in the tougher 1/2 - 3 of them could certainly be fancied as winners, based on history - Yet 3 won't make the final

Munich are not the team of past - Yet they have been there countless times and no what it takes - Same for RM - Over 2 legs I fancy RM and BM - Hope I'm wrong - But history/experience etc is on their side and IMO the pressure is on the English clubs - Either way I cans it back and hopefully watch 4 great games

On the other side of the draw I hope PSG don't make it to the next stage 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23241
    Benitez, IMO was/is so severely over rated - Most LFC fans will tell you Stevie Gee did that 1/2 time talk and some say it was the best 1/2 time talk they had heard - He has done NOTHING since 
    Benitez or Gerrard...?
    edited March 15 tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    Benitez or Gerrard...?
    Sorry Benitez is so severely over rated IMO - I can see your question now, as obviously SG  has had to take a bit of a back seat now after his Villa experience

But Gerard did that 1/2 time team talk - Partly based on Milan taking the piss at 1/2 time, with players, touching, kissing the trophy as they walked off, thinking job done- The trophy was on display near the tunnel - Plus his believe that no one team is going to take the piss out of his beloved LFC - Off course supported by Jamie C
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7137
    CHRISB50 said:
    CHRISB50 said:
    We got Bayern. 

I remember the 10-2 aggregate score over 2 legs last time we got played. I’d like to think we can cope better this time! 
    I fancy our chances. The team we had out last time we played them was embarrassing. 

Sorry, maybe I'm getting mixed up but hasn't Benitez actually won quite a few trophies since then, and Steven Gerard hasn't?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    edited March 16 tFB Trader
    tony99 said:
    CHRISB50 said:
    CHRISB50 said:
    We got Bayern. 

Sorry, maybe I'm getting mixed up but hasn't Benitez actually won quite a few trophies since then, and Steven Gerard hasn't?
    You are right - a couple in Italy + a UEFA with Chelsea - But boy does he come and go, left right and centre and brought in, maybe like Jose now/was, as some form of saviour - Would you want him back at Everton
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2810
    I’ve not seen Ben White actually say anything?  If I’m right then it aims ALL assumption and mostly poor by commentators.  they had Darren Bent on the news giving his views !?  every day he and his copartner decide what they are each going to discuss for and against - his views are hardly advised ?

anyway just watched Match of the Day from 1981, West Ham and David Cross scoring two crackers in the excellent Adidas kit, in conditions that most footballers wouldn’t even get out of bed for,  Great stuff :)
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10326
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 16
    tony99 said:

You are right - a couple in Italy + a UEFA with Chelsea - But boy does he come and go, left right and centre and brought in, maybe like Jose now/was, as some form of saviour - Would you want him back at Everton
    Gerrard did win the Scottish Premiership as Rangers manager.  Mind you, I could do that if there wasn't a Celtic.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    Wolves v Coventry FA cup game still 0-0 5 mins into the second half.
    Not what I would call a exciting game so far.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Coventry just scored.
    edited March 16
    Looks like extra time after Coventry equaliser 2-2 in time added on.
    Coventry gets a third .
    excellent second half.
    3-2 Coventry City  through.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303

Looks like extra time after Coventry equaliser 2-2 in time added on.
    Coventry gets a third .
    excellent second half.
    3-2 Coventry City  through.

Yet another game that needed a big klaxon at 90 minutes. Disappointing result although one of my fondest memories is Coventry winning the FA cup (1987?) when I lived there and the city going absolutely crazy so I'd love to see them go all the way. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Swansea 2 Cardiff 0.  That'll do for today.
  • LessPaulLessPaul Frets: 92
    Europa League draw is done.

Liverpool vs Atalanta 
    West Ham vs Leverkusen. 

I reckon we can do Leverkusen but it'll be a proper Moyes ball that the Moyes Out lot hate. Second leg is at home.

The semi, if we get through is against either AC Milan or Roma. I'd love AC Milan. 
    Second leg at home’ a massive night under the lights!

COYI!!
    edited March 17
    Hope Leicester can pull off a win at the bridge?
    But can’t see Chelsea losing.
    Own goal of the season by Chelsea. Probably won't count for anything in the end but bloody hell. 
    ...ooh it does now. Beautiful goal by Leicester 
    ...and then it didn't all over again. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10326
    edited March 17
    I actually hate VAR. Both decisions against West Ham were right, but I still hate it.