The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1117
    5-0 HT vs Sheffield Utd. Didn't expect it to be so easy but some nicely worked goals. Feels like a training session though as we're not really put under any pressure. Raya should be worried he's standing around in the cold cos he might catch something as he's had pretty much nothing to do haha.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16337
    Apparently if Arsenal had scored one more before half time that would have been a premiership record. Only 5 goals from 16 shots so far so Sheffield actually quite lucky by the sound of it! 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27860
    Raya should be worried he's standing around in the cold cos he might catch something 
    As long as he catches it, and doesn't fumble it, you'll be ok. ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TTony said:
    Raya should be worried he's standing around in the cold cos he might catch something 
    As long as he catches it, and doesn't fumble it, you'll be ok. ;)
    Not sure if he'll touch the ball much in the 2nd half, someone give him a blanket or a hot water bottle haha.

Definitely bring on Partey/Jesus/Smith Rowe for a little run out. Rest Saka/Rice. Maybe even take off Saliba as well, we can't lose him through a silly injury in a dead game.
    Back to the boring old 1-0 to the Arsenal!

(in the 2nd half)
    Can't believe we only scored 1 goal in the 2nd half! But we were clinical and rarely troubled in the game. Saliba and Gabriel could have been smoking cigars at the back, they were so comfortable.

Nice to see Partey back too though he gave the ball away a few times, against better opposition we will be punished but he got away with it with covering team mates.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4625
    edited March 7
    From what I could see the young Liverpool lad came on in the second half and with his first touch of the ball booted it with much power and confidence into the back of his own net

Bless im
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14677
    tFB Trader
    Watching Man U v Everton

poor game - both sides poor and bland - Seen more excitement watching an ice cube melt 

Take Garnacho out of the equation, as the sole excitement on the pitch and it would be as dull as watching a skinned apple change colour 

As it stands Man U will do well to keep Garnacho  - seriously talented player 
    tFB Trader
    ^^^^^I think even the crowd are bored - certainly sounds that way
    I think today might be Ramsdale's last game for us vs Brentford, provided the Raya deal becomes permanent in the summer (is it though? I'm not actually sure what's happening as I've read it will be a permanent one, other sources say he'll go back to Brentford).

Sad to see as Ramsdale's not done much wrong and I still don't think Raya is that much of an upgrade. He's calmer under pressure and his distribution is better maybe but as a shot stopper we haven't seen him tested much. His position for some crosses has been suspect as well. But good luck to Aaron if he goes, he's too good to be sitting around being a no.2 here.
    tFB Trader
    I think today might be Ramsdale's last game for us vs Brentford, provided the Raya deal becomes permanent in the summer (is it though? I'm not actually sure what's happening as I've read it will be a permanent one, other sources say he'll go back to Brentford).

Sad to see as Ramsdale's not done much wrong and I still don't think Raya is that much of an upgrade. He's calmer under pressure and his distribution is better maybe but as a shot stopper we haven't seen him tested much. His position for some crosses has been suspect as well. But good luck to Aaron if he goes, he's too good to be sitting around being a no.2 here.
    Just looking at the table - You win tonight - LFC and City draw and you are top after the weekend - can't recall the last time we saw 3 sides in with a shout at this stage - Often 2, sometimes 1 

3 good games to come this weekend - You, then Villa/Spurs then LFC/City 
    I'm not looking too much further than tonight, whether we win or not. There's still 10 games left so taking it game by game after what happened last season. Hoping for another fast start again, get a few goals before half time then save the big players by taking them off after the hour mark or even half time (depending what the score is).
    I think today might be Ramsdale's last game for us
    That's sad - I hope he stays on
    ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Wow what a relief. I honestly we'd messed it up after that Ramsdale error. Trust it to happen to him when he's waited so long for a game. Thank you to Havertz for bailing him out, we stuck to it and got our reward, could sense a little bit of desperation in the stadium though. Last season we would have definitely folded and I feared it'd be the same again but the boys dug deep and got the result. Over to you City/Liverpool. (Please draw 0-0 tomorrow haha)
    tFB Trader
    Wow - that is probably worth 2 red cards - McGinn - nasty challenge 
    tFB Trader
    Stupid thick or what - Conor Coady on R5 says

He is trying to stop the counter attack we have all been there but he has obviously gone in a bit too hard. 

I'd be gutted seeing my teammate being sent off for that but at the same time I do understand the reaction from the Tottenham bench and players' reaction because it was a real, strong challenge from McGinn

That challenge was pure hatred nothing else

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11410
    That was a very enjoyable performance in the second half.

McGinn - that was nasty and unnecessary. 

Sonny - class personified. 
    Draw between City and Liverpool was a big favourable result for us but the visit to the Etihad later this is the biggie. If we beat them then it swings massively in our favour.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4738
    Draw between City and Liverpool was a big favourable result for us but the visit to the Etihad later this is the biggie. If we beat them then it swings massively in our favour.
    It was a great game yesterday and Liverpool should have won.  I expect another good game between Arsenal and City, great to see three teams fighting for the title.  Arsena'ls form since Christmas has been unbelievable and they would almost be my favourites, but I think City have the easiest run in, followed by Liverpool, then Arsenal.  But not much in it at all.  I don't think Arsenal will fade like last year.
    tFB Trader
    It was a great game yesterday and Liverpool should have won.  I expect another good game between Arsenal and City, great to see three teams fighting for the title.  Arsena'ls form since Christmas has been unbelievable and they would almost be my favourites, but I think City have the easiest run in, followed by Liverpool, then Arsenal.  But not much in it at all.  I don't think Arsenal will fade like last year.
    Yes a great game - Don't see Man City rattled as much as they were yesterday - Not so sure it was a penalty (at the end of the game, when var said no  - would have been harsh)