The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14328
    edited March 31 tFB Trader
    Glad Brentford managed to equalise late last night - Not because I'm not a Man U fan, but because they didn't deserve a win - TBH they didn't deserve the draw - Do you give credit to Man U for been resilient and hanging on, or bad luck, bad finishing by Brentford - If Brentford had have won, they'd have fully deserved it 

Bournemouth fans - See your expensive signing from Leeds is now fit and ready to play - Useless twat as well I should add with a piss poor attitude - So how did he do now he has decided to do some actual work for his wage - To be fair you have two there - Adams and Sinisterra - Both like spending time with the physio
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    edited March 31
    Glad Brentford managed to equalise late last night - Not because I'm not a Man U fan, but because they didn't deserve a win - TBH they didn't deserve the draw - Do you give credit to Man U for been resilient and hanging on, or bad luck, bad finishing by Brentford - If Brentford had have won, they'd have fully deserved it 

Bournemouth fans - See your expensive signing from Leeds is now fit and ready to play - Useless twat as well I should add with a piss poor attitude - So how did he do now he has decided to do some actual work for his wage - To be fair you have two there - Adams and Sinisterra - Both like spending time with the physio
    Couldn’t disagree more. Their fanbase are the most dislikeable in the premier league and their manager is a right smug wanker (Sorry Rob). Such a weird sense of entitlement which is bizarre as they’re as insignificant as the rest of us teams the premier league couldn’t give a fuck about. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1093
    Pretty dull game at the Etihad, gives Liverpool the upper hand really. But at least we didn't get turned over, last season we would have been 3-0 down at HT. And we didn't lose against them this season at all so some improvement I guess.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10269
    Yea it was dull. Two similar styles of play cancelling eachother out.

Roy Keane calling Haaland's link up play League 2 quality is pretty accurate.
    tFB Trader
    Looks like Everton are not learning how to run their business - latest accounts issued, for 22/23 season show a loss for that season alone of £89 million - Rules allow for £105 over 3 years - 6 seasons on a trot they have showed a major loss on their PSR (old FFP) accounts - The latest accounts of a loss of 89 million takes into account a 45 million profit on Anthony Gordon, so without that sale, losses would have been £134 million

Shows how bad we have got with running football clubs, so this is not an Everton moan - But 7.1 million settlement to Frank Lampard in the above losses - That's right 7.1 million had to be paid for an inept performance - He was there for 44 games and won 12 of them - That 7.1 million is not his full wage whilst at Everton - It is just the cost of sacking him with a remainder of time left on his contract - I wish I could earn 7.1 million for been crap at my job
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27657
     I wish I could earn 7.1 million for been crap at my job
    Just think about how much more you earned by being good at your job
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
     I wish I could earn 7.1 million for been crap at my job
    Just think about how much more you earned by being good at your job
    ;)
    Well it appears that many managers get roughly the same, good or bad - As it happens somewhere in his contract was a bonus for winning the league and/or getting into the CL - That's like me thinking I might get a night in bed with Michelle Keegan or Margot Robbie
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    Looks like Everton are not learning how to run their business - latest accounts issued, for 22/23 season show a loss for that season alone of £89 million - Rules allow for £105 over 3 years - 6 seasons on a trot they have showed a major loss on their PSR (old FFP) accounts - The latest accounts of a loss of 89 million takes into account a 45 million profit on Anthony Gordon, so without that sale, losses would have been £134 million

Shows how bad we have got with running football clubs, so this is not an Everton moan - But 7.1 million settlement to Frank Lampard in the above losses - That's right 7.1 million had to be paid for an inept performance - He was there for 44 games and won 12 of them - That 7.1 million is not his full wage whilst at Everton - It is just the cost of sacking him with a remainder of time left on his contract - I wish I could earn 7.1 million for been crap at my job

Cheating combined with stupidity.   
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    Well done Ipswich last night.
    Still top.
    tFB Trader
    Still top.
    Watched the last 15/20 mins before the Leeds game - You don't give up do you - Not sure it was a sending off - But total credit to your attitude and commitment and no parachute payment either
    Still top.
    Watched the last 15/20 mins before the Leeds game - You don't give up do you - Not sure it was a sending off - But total credit to your attitude and commitment and no parachute payment either
    I’m actually a West Ham fan.
    My mate is a Tractor Boy and I suffer there ups and downs as well as my own teams.
    So it’s great to see them having a great couple of seasons and hopefully going up.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9852
    I've been absolutely astounded by Leicester falling apart the way they have - all credit to Ipswich and Leeds for keeping the chase up and managing to overtake them. In some ways that makes Leicester the ideal opponent for the play offs as they may still have that downwards momentum. However I think to do that we'd need to drop from 5th to 6th which I'd rather not take the risk of so it's looking like Southampton for us.

Disappointing game against Watford yesterday, a very poor match until a great shot from Watford, then we remembered that you can't score a goal by playing it to the touchline all the time and managed to not lose, which was the main thing
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    tFB Trader
    I've been absolutely astounded by Leicester falling apart the way they have - all credit to Ipswich and Leeds for keeping the chase up and managing to overtake them. In some ways that makes Leicester the ideal opponent for the play offs as they may still have that downwards momentum. However I think to do that we'd need to drop from 5th to 6th which I'd rather not take the risk of so it's looking like Southampton for us.

Disappointing game against Watford yesterday, a very poor match until a great shot from Watford, then we remembered that you can't score a goal by playing it to the touchline all the time and managed to not lose, which was the main thing
    The play off is such a lottery - I'd hate to predict a winner out of the current 4 teams in that position 

The play off is such a lottery - I'd hate to predict a winner out of the current 4 teams in that position 
    Very true although I don't think we would win, we are not a team of winners (made up of the rejects nobody else wants) and we usually fall to pieces against the decent teams. Plus there's no real motivation for our players to get promoted as most of them would need to leave if we did go up 
    edited April 2
    I was having a discussion with my mate about how good the Ipswich manager has been at creating a excellent team of players for next to nothing.
    He's  worried he will get head hunted if they go up.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27657
    I was having a discussion with my mate about how good the Ipswich manager has been at creating a excellent team of players for next to nothing.
    I've been to Portman Road more times than any other ground - good to see Ipswich going well (again) this season.

It'd be a huge stretch for them to survive in the PL though, after back-to-back promotions and without any PL experience in the side.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12415
    I’m a Pompey fan but most of my mates are scummers I mean Southampton fans, they’ve resigned themselves to the play offs. 

We have a top of the table clash with Derby tonight, it’s currently 1-1 should we manage to win it I’ll start to believe we might go up!
    tFB Trader
    munckee said:
    I’m a Pompey fan but most of my mates are scummers I mean Southampton fans, they’ve resigned themselves to the play offs. 

We have a top of the table clash with Derby tonight, it’s currently 1-1 should we manage to win it I’ll start to believe we might go up!
    Hope you win tonight- my 2nd favourite team is who ever plays against Derby 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I suspect there is more risk of him being poached if they don't go up though?
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    I've been to Portman Road more times than any other ground - good to see Ipswich going well (again) this season.

It'd be a huge stretch for them to survive in the PL though, after back-to-back promotions and without any PL experience in the side.
    Some press talk about interest from Man U 

Just been having a look at their owners - Gamechanger Ltd - No shortage of money - Their estimated worth rivals that of Arsenal owners and exceeds Spurs and Liverpool - So no shortage of ambition if they want to take such a club in the direction of say Brighton, Fulham, Brentford etc - And to be fair to Ipswich they have a 'bigger' history, albeit a few years ago now, that exceeds that of Brentford, Fulham, C Palace, Bournemouth etc